Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Sophy Wackles posted:

The best part of that game was converting the party boy into a HARDCORE ultra-liberal and having him shout something like “eat the poor….yeeeeeah party people!!” while pumping up the rave. That and becoming insanely rich. :c00l:

i enjoy the band begging you not to turn egghead into a fascist

(but can't bear to do many of the things on a proper fascist run, do not under any circumstances call Kim's radio show while doing that)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Aramis posted:

Recently made it to the end of FFXIV-Endwalker. Something about the long-rear end marathon nature of the experience combined with it being all about facing nihilism, which strikes very close to home in TYOOL 2023, managed to somehow hit just the right buttons for the sickly-sweet upbeat conclusion to extract quite a few tears of elation from me.

the real antagonist of ff14 is untreated mental illness and i am not joking even a little bit

all the way from at least heavensward

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I want to make gently caress with you

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

ChickenHeart posted:

Is Terminator 2 okay

No

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Google Jeb Bush posted:

the real antagonist of ff14 is untreated mental illness and i am not joking even a little bit

all the way from at least heavensward

Yeah, but they sure got real explicit about it in Endwalker.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I give you all permission to cry at that film with the dog that keeps going to the station waiting for its dead owner to show up. And at the end of Commando where Matrix and CHENNY fly off into the sunset and you realise you it's the greatest work of art mankind ever has or ever will achieve and they should put a copy in a deep space probe for some lucky aliens to find one day.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The Futurama dog episode :colbert:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Green Wing posted:

I played through disco elysium shortly after its release without spoilers in a single sitting shortly after a messy divorce and losing my home and job, it's what I recommend for the true experience, anybody who experiences it in a different way is not a true gamer

um

how long did this take

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

yeah isn't the game like 20ish hours long? Thats some epic sad divorced dude energy to get that done in one sitting

Dystopia Barbarian
Dec 25, 2022

by vyelkin

Caesar Saladin posted:

yeah isn't the game like 20ish hours long? Thats some epic sad divorced dude energy to get that done in one sitting
The people want answers, sad divorced dude.

Did you piss yourself while crying and gaming and masturbating all at once? If so, duration/intensity?

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Played through it along with This is the Police and Cruelty Squad during covid-related unemployment, all of them were very good and gave me hope for gaming, also I haven't played video games since then

I wanted to make an exception for Deltarune 2 but I don't want the kind of emotions those games are giving me anymore

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm a corny son of a bitch with father issues and both Big Fish and The Life Aquatic wreck me every time.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

delta rune just made me want to play the mother series instead.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
The losing scenarios were great. My character had a heart attack and died after he sat in an uncomfortable chair. That had me laughing for a while.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Extra Large Marge posted:

The losing scenarios were great. My character had a heart attack and died after he sat in an uncomfortable chair. That had me laughing for a while.

I died when I tried to get my tie, literally the first action I took in the game.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Extra Large Marge posted:

I died while reading my journal that I found in the garbage next to the hanging corpse.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I got an immediate game over after shooting a little girl but she yelled “DO IT! SET ME FREE!” and who am I to tell someone that they must stay in the hellworld that is Revachol?

I’ve played through it a few times and only got to the end once.

-Died in the boss battle with the chair
-Died of a heart attack when trying to grab my tie off the ceiling fan (my first ever play of the game and that made me fall in love with it)
-Died on the way to my home planet (was yanked off the top of a horse statue by a fascist government blimp)
-Died of sadness brought about by a gum wrapper
-Got a game over after saying “nah gently caress this” before confronting the rad queer drug-trafficking lorry driver

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
as i play this i cant help but feel like im not playing right. is that an after affect of playing a guy whose hosed or can you gently caress up playthroughs

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i cried when jar jar martyred himself to secure a future for his gungans

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
As much as I love Kim, this run I'm going superstar cop of the apocalypse and making that little foul mouthed ginger poo poo my partner.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I cried at the end of First Blood

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I adore the poo poo out of disco elysium

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bad Purchase posted:

i cried when jar jar martyred himself to secure a future for his gungans

I love him... Jar Jar Binks.... qué bello...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
This game has too much reading and I played muds until like 2008