Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
the more you post in a forum like CSPAM the more your avatar and text color fade, eventually invisible.

DIFFICULTY 1/5

That Little Demon fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

integration with local police departments across the US to enable a feature for certain posters that will automatically notify their registrant officer each time they make a post so he can check and verify it to make sure it's keeping in line with the terms of their probation and any state code applicable to offenders.

difficulty 5/5, honestly probably longer, as we know lot of government agencies are running on software even older than the forums code base lol. but this feature would save a lot of people time i think and allow them to contribute more.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

the more you post in a forum like CSPAM the more your avatar and text color fade, eventually invisible.

DIFFICULTY 1/5

we kind of had this with forums cancer

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mycophobia posted:

we kind of had this with forums cancer

mine is a nicer concept, they just fade away

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

mine is a nicer concept, they just fade away

No cure either unlike forums cancer.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Pewdiepie posted:

No cure either unlike forums cancer.

thats right

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
well I guess it could be cured with for every post in cspam they need 5x posts in a good forum

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

tmfc posted:

sorry for being goofy with this one. a real suggestion:

any time 2 posters hit 'submit' on a post in the same thread at the same time (or within 1-2 seconds of each other) they have to play a racing minigame similar to the jet bike race in chrono trigger to determine whose post 'wins' and goes first.

1/5

this but excite bike

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

well I guess it could be cured with for every post in cspam they need 5x posts in a good forum

collecting 3 emptyquotes or lols on a single post in a good forum has a 75% change of triggering an instant cure, but if you post in CSPAM again even a single time within the next 7 days you are immediately back to invisible

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

tmfc posted:

sorry for being goofy with this one. a real suggestion:

any time 2 posters hit 'submit' on a post in the same thread at the same time (or within 1-2 seconds of each other) they have to play a racing minigame similar to the jet bike race in chrono trigger to determine whose post 'wins' and goes first.

1/5
Would bring new meaning to e;fb :D

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Dildos idea:

Dildos are special items that are obtained from beating bosses
Each dildo gives different stats for daily use
Dildos have special powers, using them in battle will give certain benefits
There is a cooldown so use them wisely!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Troll Profit sharing: if someone gets banned responding to your post, you should get a cut of the rereg fee. If it's a permabanning, you should get residuals on each successive account.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
Drag and drop images into posts. This is the most important one.

Difficulty judging by how many weeks its taken so far

1043/5

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Annual purge day. Once a year every poster gets the ban buttons, so they can go crazy and ban a poster of their choosing, with zero restrictions on who can be targeted.
(Possibly even allowing people to hand out multiple bans, depending on Jeff's money situation)

Similar to that Purge movie (and I think a Stargate ep, IIRC? It's a semi-common trope) about a purge day, where everyone is allowed to go out and murder people

1/5

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

If someone mentions a cool movie/book/game in a thread I should be able to click the name and have access to it immediately right there in the browser window

.5/5 because all that poo poo already exists out there you just gotta put it on the site.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

An AI companion that tells you information about the person you're replying to so you can make your responses more relevant. Just basic stuff like their address and any sexual kinks.

3/5

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

Annual purge day

Oh yeah, and regular bans only - no permas. Survivors could even get a special plat icon for the next 12 month, to indicate that they survived the previous Great Purge!

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
Double guitars.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Major Isoor posted:

Annual purge day. Once a year every poster gets the ban buttons, so they can go crazy and ban a poster of their choosing, with zero restrictions on who can be targeted.
(Possibly even allowing people to hand out multiple bans, depending on Jeff's money situation)

Similar to that Purge movie (and I think a Stargate ep, IIRC? It's a semi-common trope) about a purge day, where everyone is allowed to go out and murder people

1/5

I love this idea major. One tweak I would suggest is real time betting and maybe a lottery system for who gets to use a ban because if everyone got one then the entire forum would be gone lol

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

I love this idea major. One tweak I would suggest is real time betting and maybe a lottery system for who gets to use a ban because if everyone got one then the entire forum would be gone lol

Hah! Yeah, good point. I figured posters would probably avoid banning people from their own groups/sub-forums, but you're right - we'd probably have practically no active users left, haha :D

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
On purge day everyone just gets one tenth of a ban and you can't see how many ban points anyone has. Then when purge day ends the ban points are tallied and anyone over 10 points is banned at midnight. Do you risk wasting your ban point on someone who might already be over ten? This adds a critical element of strategy and gameplay

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

If someone mentions a cool movie/book/game in a thread I should be able to click the name and have access to it immediately right there in the browser window

.5/5 because all that poo poo already exists out there you just gotta put it on the site.

If it's a song or music artist it should pull up youtube/spotify/etc.

Also add a hookup for song lyrics (genius?) so I can understand wtf imps are making a parody of sometimes. lol.

Difficulty: 1.5/5

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you post more than five twitter links in a politics subforum in one day you're redirected to a site that only plays audio/video of calming ocean waves and arent allowed to post again until tomorrow

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
A community wishlist where the good ideas here can be upvoted and tackled in order of priority, like they have on GOG: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site

It could just be a new sub-forum where threads are ranked by votes, so difficulty 1/5?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

VTuber discussion subforum

5/5

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Major Isoor posted:

1/5

I think lowtax did this once and within hours somebody had merged every single thread on the forums together, breaking the database

We should implement this one first

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plutonis posted:

VTuber discussion subforum

5/5

vtuber post integration

1/5

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
cum tasting contest. we all mail our loads to jeffrey, and he decides who has the tastiest gravy

1/5

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
casual fridays :)

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
feet and toe rigging please! oh! and ahaegao capable avatars! My. Penis. Will. Thank. You!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

I got the tude now posted:

cum tasting contest. we all mail our loads to jeffrey, and he decides who has the tastiest gravy

1/5

This is a great idea and Ive already saved many mason jars of cum from different seasons and as my palette changes so he has a wide variety of my jizz you sip on

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Lol at Jeff getting a labeled cum jar from CSPAM the FBI would LOVE to get ahold of but oops! He drank the evidence lmfao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
This basically has shot up the priority list imo and Im cranking it imagining loving all hottest avatars on the forums to give Jeff as much content as possible

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Pragmatica posted:

:five:

and full :lmao: at all of it

may i have plat back please :pray:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dongicus posted:

feet and toe rigging please! oh! and ahaegao capable avatars! My. Penis. Will. Thank. You!

1/5

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

I want a sword

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
let's get woozy a sword. and access t othe mod forum.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

woosy doesnt already have a sword? get him a sword

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
can we have an Animal Collective forum for TRUE fans only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

not only should :yeah: be clickable, but you should occasionally win prizes from it.