Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
I agree with most of what people are putting down, but I have some thoughts as well.

If we go after the Hunchback there is a small but nonzero chance that we can kill it. If the Victor puts an AC20 round into its center torso it needs 1 more point of damage to go down and might fall over of course. The risk is that we will be in range of the Wolverine and Vedette with an AC10 and AC 5 respectively. The Victor is our bulkiest mech, but assuming both of those hit it could lose all the armor in it's arm or side torso. That said I don't think there's anything else that could harm it from that position. The trees are blocking Mr Sniper, the commando doesn't have a long-enough range weapon, and the Sentinel is blocked off by buildings.

The Firestarter is a trap, taking an AC20 in exchange for messing it up is not a fair trade. If you jumped on a roof you might be safe from the AC20, but there's also a chance it would just try to shoot you down instead, and I think the lower buildings are well within Mr Sniper's field of view.

We should try to take out the Bulldog if we can. Getting a way around the AC20 on wheels is very important. The Wyvern has already offered to stomp on it a bit, and I think the Blackjack should be able to poke it with it's large lasers too...

I'll confess I'm not the sharpest on defense. But we need to rack up some kills soon before we're overwhelmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm thinking I just w4 to 0705 and face down the bulldog's rear and fire away

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

I'm thinking I just w4 to 0705 and face down the bulldog's rear and fire away

If the VTR chooses to go for the Bulldog, it would need that spot, and it would get 7 To-Hit by backing up. It can't reach any other hex. Your HBK can just backup 1 to 0804 for the same numbers. You could also choose your final facing depending on where you think you'll need to head to next turn.

Edit: Overall people are posting individual moves and options. Give a crack at posting what the Lance as a whole can do, even if that's splitting two by two. Staying together as a buddy team is alright,but going it alone in a city isn't a great long term plan. While each individual unit might have a really choice move, it might lead to isolation and concentrated return fire. At the Lance level, consider things like:

The dice won't go your way, so you'll need overkill to secure this turn's objective.
-
Where is the enemy going to go before we get to move on the next turn?

Where are you going to go next turn?

We need to prevent being locally outnumbered and do the inverse to them.
-

We have about 3 feasible objectives. Severely damage the HBK's rear. Topple the WVR. Finally, finish off the Bulldog. We could try for more than one of these at once, or go all in together on one.

We have a couple day before the Saturday deadline. So post how the Lance should operate and what the plan aims to achieve.

Amechwarrior fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 18, 2024

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Amechwarrior posted:

We have about 3 feasible objectives. Severely damage the HBK's rear. Topple the WVR. Finally, finish off the Bulldog. We could try for more than one of these at once, or go all in together on one.

We have a couple day before the Saturday deadline. So post how the Lance should operate and what the plan aims to achieve.

I think the enemy hbk is a trap this turn in particular. It forces us into the open, creates isolation between our hbk and the rest of the lance, and is potentially exploitable later as most of us have jets and it doesn’t. Also, looking ahead, it’s very much facing the wrong way to regroup. It could potentially try to flank us down the alley we originally came in, though

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

as someone not piloting this mission, i highly recommend DFA'ing the firestarter and also shooting the building out from under the wolverine, because that will be funniest for me

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

I think the enemy hbk is a trap this turn in particular. It forces us into the open, creates isolation between our hbk and the rest of the lance, and is potentially exploitable later as most of us have jets and it doesn’t. Also, looking ahead, it’s very much facing the wrong way to regroup. It could potentially try to flank us down the alley we originally came in, though

I also think this. Until when(if) we get the GRF's rangemaster out of play, the open field is basically death. We could fall back into the alley to work on the Bulldog (I would have preffered working on the FS9 due to its mobility but not while an AC/20 is watching over it), and then face back the HBK when it comes back around.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Space Kablooey posted:

I also think this. Until when(if) we get the GRF's rangemaster out of play, the open field is basically death. We could fall back into the alley to work on the Bulldog (I would have preffered working on the FS9 due to its mobility but not while an AC/20 is watching over it), and then face back the HBK when it comes back around.

Okay. Let’s plan around getting the bulldog. I’ll leave the hex the vtr wanted open.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Space Kablooey posted:

How does stomping/kicking vehicles work again?

Still waiting on an answer to this btw. I don't remember if there was anything special to consider.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Space Kablooey posted:

Still waiting on an answer to this btw. I don't remember if there was anything special to consider.

The only difference between kicking a vehicle and kicking a mech is that you can kick a vehicle even if you are standing in its hex (you won't be able to shoot it though).

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022

Space Kablooey posted:

You do realize that if there are forests between you and the sniper right? Even if you get right behind the enemy Hunchback, the only enemies that can hit you are the Vedette and the Wolverine. Which isn't ideal I know, but what's worse? Popping out and taking a few licks in exchange for the Hunchback's life? Or ignoring it and letting it come back around and encircle us?

I'll confess I'm a risk-taker, but I feel like it's worth it, at least with the Victor. AC 20 hits in the right spot nd the enemy Hunchback just explodes.

The Bulldog is also relatively vulnerable. It took a hit to the stabilizer and then moved (just turning around) So it's firing at +2 this turn. Not enough to make its shots impossible to hit or anything, but it's nice to have.

This is what I would personally do, which is definitely risky and probably not the safest route, but as said above, risk taker.

The Victor jumps to 1305 and tries to kill the Hunchback execution style, AC20, and SRM to the back, maybe keeping a laser in reserve to keep the heat down. Kick it too. The Hunchback runs to 1308 and tries to shoot out the building beneath the Wolverine. The Blackjack runs to 1408 and does the same (it can reach 1509, but I would much rather keep the woods between us and the sniper) Wyvern runs on top of the bulldog and kicks it. It's only 9 damage so it won't kill, but the tank can't shoot it so it's safe. For bonus points laser a building, just for fun

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I think if i run to 1308 i should be putting fire at the enemy hbk and not the building. There’s no guarantee that ac20 will land.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm actually looking at the sheets now and it feels like if we go 2 (WVE and HBK) on the Bulldog to try and setup for the Hetzer next turn, and 2 (VTR and BJ) on the HBK to shoot its back could be our best chance yeah. If we could damage the WVR a lot more right now I'd be more onboard with gunning for it, but I don't think it's much of a threat yet.

I don't know where the VTR and BJ could go next turn though. I would like them to go back to the alley to work on the FS9 or the Hetzer.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Captain Foo posted:

I think if i run to 1308 i should be putting fire at the enemy hbk and not the building. There’s no guarantee that ac20 will land.

Commander can't hit the broad side of a barn confirmed

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Azhais posted:

Commander can't hit the broad side of a barn confirmed

That’s battletech, yeah

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014
The Victor has 1004 as an escape hex if things go sideways after shooting the HBK.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Rangemaster (Long) is a trap, it's actually pretty crippling for the Griffin and will let you style all over it if you get even somewhat close.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Rangemaster (Long) is a trap, it's actually pretty crippling for the Griffin and will let you style all over it if you get even somewhat close.

yeah but for now we're in the death zone tm

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.
I just imagine it's like playing Mechwarrior and forgetting to zoom out when something gets close. Getting combined with the minimum ranges on the weapons is beautiful and amusing.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm going to reverse 1 directly to 0804 and shoot the bulldog

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm going to stomp on the Bulldog + lasers. no kill like overkill

e: submitted

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 19, 2024

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014

Captain Foo posted:

So if you do that, and the Wyvern stands over the Bulldog, do you want the Blackjack shooting with you as well?

I'm going to take the risk of taking out the HBK. Even if I don't kill it, a hit to the right torso cripples it anyway.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Space Kablooey posted:

I'm going to stomp on the Bulldog + lasers. no kill like overkill

e: submitted

You moving to 0406? If you're in 0307 you can stomp, but not shoot the Bulldog.

Otter Madness posted:

So if you do that, and the Wyvern stands over the Bulldog, do you want the Blackjack shooting with you as well?

I'm going to take the risk of taking out the HBK. Even if I don't kill it, a hit to the right torso cripples it anyway.

What hex are you thinking of and what movement are you taking to get there?

If everyone can, try to post your ending hex and what weapons you're shooting when posting your submission update so we're all on the same page. We don't want to accidentally occupy the same spot.

What's the threads consensus on if I should support the Hunch-Backstabbing or the Bulldog Bullying?

I'll hold off on my opinions for tomorrow.

Edit - Scintilla, can 0307 see 0604?

Amechwarrior fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 19, 2024

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Amechwarrior posted:

You moving to 0406? If you're in 0307 you can stomp, but not shoot the Bulldog.

What hex are you thinking of and what movement are you taking to get there?

If everyone can, try to post your ending hex and what weapons you're shooting when posting your submission update so we're all on the same page. We don't want to accidentally occupy the same spot.

What's the threads consensus on if I should support the Hunch-Backstabbing or the Bulldog Bullying?

I'll hold off on my opinions for tomorrow.

I'm on 0406

I think we've got plenty of fire on the Bulldog so I'm now supporting the HBacKstab

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I think we can go for a 2 and 2

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

yep

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

submitted

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014
I would walk to 1307 facing 1306 and alpha strike the HBk.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Space Kablooey posted:

yeah but for now we're in the death zone tm

Scintilla is using the old, unnerfed version of it too.

The current version of Range Master grants a flat -2 to your range bracket of choice (long or medium) and a flat +2 penalty at short range. So under the modern rules, a unit with Range Master (Long) fires at S+2/M+2/L+2 in all range brackets.

All bets are off once you combine any form of Range Master with the Sniper SPA, since Sniper's a flat -2 at long range and -1 at medium.

A Range Master Long Sniper fires at S+2/M+1/L+0

Even then, Range Master (Medium) + Sniper is still superior since it's S+2/M-1/L+2 and the vast majority of combat happens in the medium range bracket.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Amechwarrior posted:

No, the building hex in 0405 narrowly blocks LOS.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

I think the HBK is a trap. But I'll support it by walking to 1308 and firing 2LL for 6s. Should I toss in one ML at 8 with the cost of going to 6 heat? The two LL will maintain my current 3 heat and I feel the FS9 will come into play soon. However, if we're risking this we might as well make sure it works.

Overall what I would have done is have the VTR backup to 0705, fire on the Bulldog for 7 and the rest of Lance more or less go where they already are and we all go in on the Bulldog. I'd put the HBK at 0505 for 6s and I'd end up in 0804. The amount of overkill would let me and the VTR dump out heat as the FS9 will be coming into play next turn.

It's a safer play, but the current Bulldog team doesn't have as great of a chance as it seems. The 4P only landed 3 hits last turn, only 4 would have hit for this turn (7) if we used the same rolls. If the LL from the WVE also happens to whiff, the odds of concentrating 26 damage on a location for the kill aren't great. If the AC/20 on the HBK whiffs or hits an arm or leg, we might still get some internal torso damage from my two LL, but it won't be enough. Then, we're split up and the newly arriving OPFOR can come into play vs the VTR and BJ1.

The current plan is definitely a higher risk/reward vs just dog piling the Bulldog. I'm willing to go with it unless Otter wants to change course.

Just I'd suggest one change to the current moves. Foo - Could you amend your turn to end in 0705 facing SW? You could just add on more walking MP from 0804. This will prevent the FS9 from landing there, then the HBK could move up to 1202 and you'd be pretty badly flanked by both of them. By being in 0705 SW, you'd be able to straight shot walk out of flamer range (at least short and medium) unless the FS9 wants to be pinned between you and the WVE.

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022

Amechwarrior posted:

I think the HBK is a trap. But I'll support it by walking to 1308 and firing 2LL for 6s. Should I toss in one ML at 8 with the cost of going to 6 heat? The two LL will maintain my current 3 heat and I feel the FS9 will come into play soon. However, if we're risking this we might as well make sure it works.

It's up to you. The loss in movement from being just a little overheated is relatively minor. But it could cascade into a problem. On the other hand having one more chance to detonate the HBKs ammo or directly destroy it could be really good.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Amechwarrior posted:

Foo - Could you amend your turn to end in 0705 facing SW?

gonna go with no, both for Scintilla's benefit and also from wanting to let the coordination fall where it may :patriot:

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

gonna go with no, both for Scintilla's benefit and also from wanting to let the coordination fall where it may :patriot:

Okay, your call.

Submitted for 1304, firing 2LL at the HBK.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Some people just want to watch the lance burn lmao

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

godbless

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

It's not that critical. The FS9 would have to deal with being surrounded, but would be mobile enough to probably make out well enough. That and if it wants to go after me or the VTR, it wouldn't be an issue at all.

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014
Submitted!

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
I was really hoping the Bulldog would last one more turn.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Cityscape_[9994]: Turn 4

The Bulldog lived up to its name. Despite its reputation for being under-armoured, the vehicle weathered repeated strikes from Louis’s Hunchback, its turret swinging into the reverse position even as the barely-visible laser beams rapidly filleted away what was left of its protection.

A flicker of uncertainty crossed Stephanie’s mind as she drove her Wyvern down the street. She had chosen the machine due to its excellent reputation as a city fighter, but its control systems were unfamiliar to her, and her muscle memory kept defaulting to the simpler controls of her Trebuchet. Ironically, her moment of hesitation wound up saving her, with the Bulldog’s Large Laser boiling the air where she would have been had her Wyvern been running at full speed. Undeterred, the tank unleashed a hail of SRMs from its turret-mounted missile pods, saturating the street with lethal projectiles.

Stephanie clenched her jaw and advanced into the wall of screaming warheads. Her pod rocked as many of the missiles hit home, but she ignored the damage reports flashing across her secondary viewscreens and pressed on. The Wyvern was foreign to her, but its armour was pristine, and she trusted it to hold until she could close the distance.

Wait for it… Stephanie urged herself as the smoke from the missiles’ exhaust began to thin. Wait for it… Now!

As she emerged from the cloud of vapour Stephanie swung her Wyvern’s right arm up towards the Bulldog. The tank spun its treads, trying to retreat around the corner again, but no matter how high its top speed was it couldn’t match the speed of light. Steel flashed to superheated mist as the Wyvern’s lasers burned through the Bulldog’s remaining rear armour and bit deep into its internals. Burning fuel spilled out as the heat gutted the vehicle’s innards, hollowing it out like a Christmas turkey.

Half a heartbeat later a titanic detonation swept through the street as the stricken Bulldog’s ammunition abruptly cooked off. Flames vomited skywards as the tank blew itself apart, peppering the surrounding buildings with pieces of itself. A shadow flickered across Stephanie’s cockpit glass as the Bulldog’s turret crashed down onto the road in front of her, the only piece of wreckage that was still even vaguely recognisable.

“Great job, Steph!” Louis said. “Y’know, for a moment I thought you weren’t going to go for it.”

Stephanie huffed out a laugh. “I almost didn't. The Wyvern is kind of tough to get used to. I think I’m getting the hang of it, though.”

Weapons fire for Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player):
-Fires Large Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 6, rolls 6: Hits Right Arm! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 8 damage to Right Arm, 8/16 Armour remaining.
-Fires Large Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 6, rolls 4: Misses!

Weapons fire for Hunchback HBK-4P (Player):
-Fires Medium Laser at Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 6: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 11: Hits Left Side! Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Left Side, 5/20 Armour remaining. Motive System Hit!
--Chance for Motive System Damage! No motive damage sustained.
-Fires Medium Laser at Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 6: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 10: Hits Rear! Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Rear, 15/20 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 7: Hits Rear! Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Rear, 10/20 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 8: Hits Rear! Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Rear, 5/20 Armour remaining. Motive System Hit!
--Chance for Motive System Damage! Minor Damage Sustained, +1 to Driving Skill rolls.

Weapons fire for Victor VTR-9B (Player):
-Fires AC/20 at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 6, rolls 9: Hits Rear Centre Torso! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 20 damage to Rear Centre Torso, 0/5 Armour, 1/16 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Centre Torso! No Critical Hits sustained.
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 6, rolls 7: Hits Rear Right Torso! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Rear Right Torso, 0/4 Armour, 6/12 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Right Torso! One Critical Hit Sustained! AC/10 Hit!
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 6, rolls 11: Hits Rear Left Torso! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Rear Right Torso, 0/4 Armour, 11/12 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Right Torso! No Critical Hits sustained.
-Fires SRM-4 at Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers); needs 8, rolls 8: 2 Missiles Hit! Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers) takes 2 damage to Rear Centre Torso (0/16 Structure remaining (Mech Destroyed!)) and 2 damage to Head (7/9 Armour remaining (Pilot Hit!).

Weapons fire for Wyvern WVE-6N (Player):
-Fires Large Laser at Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers); needs 5, rolls 6: Hits Rear! Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers) takes 8 damage to Rear, 0/20 Armour, 3/6 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Vehicle Interior! One Critical Hit sustained! Engine Destroyed! Vehicle Immobilised!
-Fires Small Laser at Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers); needs 5, rolls 10: Hits Rear! Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers) takes 3 damage to Rear, 0/3 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Vehicle Interior! One Critical Hit sustained! Ammunition Hit! SRM-4 Ammunition explodes, dealing 168 damage! SRM-4 Ammunition explodes, dealing 200 damage! Half Machine Gun Ammunition explodes, dealing 198 damage!
---Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers) takes 566 damage to Rear! Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers) is vaporised by ammunition explosion!
-Fires Small Laser at Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers); needs 5, rolls 12: Hits Rear! Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers) takes 3 damage to Rear, but has already been destroyed.

--

Weapons fire for Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Firestarter FS9-A (Fusiliers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Vedette (Standard) (Fusiliers):
-Fires AC/5 at Victor VTR-9B (Player); needs 4, rolls 8: Hits Left Arm! Victor VTR-9B (Player) takes 5 damage to Left Arm, 0/15 Armour remaining.

Weapons fire for Hunchback HBK-4H (Fusiliers):
-Fires Medium Laser at Victor VTR-9B (Player); needs 6, rolls 8: Hits Left Arm! Victor VTR-9B (Player) takes 5 damage to Left Arm, 8/13 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Left Arm! One Critical Hit sustained! Medium Laser Hit!

Weapons fire for Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Wolverine WVR-6D (Fusiliers):
-Fires AC/10 at Victor VTR-9B (Player); needs 8, rolls 6: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Victor VTR-9B (Player); needs 10, rolls 3: Misses!

Weapons fire for Bulldog Medium Tank (Fusiliers):
-Fires Large Laser at Wyvern WVE-6N (Player); needs 6, rolls 3: Misses!
-Fires SRM-4 at Wyvern WVE-6N (Player); needs 6, rolls 9: 3 Missiles Hit! Wyvern WVE-6N (Player) takes 2 damage to Right Arm (10/12 Armour remaining), Left Torso (12/14 Armour remaining) and Right Torso (12/14 Armour remaining).
-Fires SRM-4 at Wyvern WVE-6N (Player); needs 6, rolls 7: 3 Missiles Hit! Wyvern WVE-6N (Player) takes 2 damage to Left Torso (10/14 Armour remaining), Right Torso (10/14 Armour remaining) and Left Arm (10/12 Armour remaining).

Weapons fire for Goblin (SRM) (Fusiliers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun (Fusiliers):
-Holds fire!

No melee attacks this turn!

Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player) gains 17 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 3 heat.

Hunchback HBK-4P (Player) gains 25 heat, sinks 23 heat and is now at 2 heat.

Victor VTR-9B (Player) gains 17 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 3 heat.

Wyvern WVE-6N (Player) gains 11 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 1 heat.

--

Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Firestarter FS9-A (Fusiliers) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers) gains 1 heat, sinks 1 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Wolverine WVR-6D (Fusiliers) gains 11 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Firestarter FS9-A (Fusiliers) turned while running on pavement (Hex 0710); must pass a piloting test to avoid skidding out of control! Needs 4, rolls 7: Succeeds!

Firestarter FS9-A (Fusiliers) moves evasively!

Player Status

Enemy Status

Special Abilities:
-Dodge: Enables the pilot to make a dodge manoeuvre instead of a physical attack, inflicting a +2 accuracy penalty against enemy physical attacks during the melee phase.
-Evasive Action: By forfeiting the right to fire during the shooting phase, the pilot gains the ability to move evasively, inflicting an additional +1 penalty against incoming weapons fire and physical attacks. The unit must use its Running MP, have undamaged hips, and will gain an extra +2 heat at the end of the round.
-Hopping Jack: Pilot suffers a +2 penalty when firing after jumping instead of +3.
-Multi-Tasker: When splitting fire between multiple targets, secondary targeting penalties are reduced by 1.
-Rangemaster: Range modifiers for long and short range are switched.
-Toughness: Grants bonus to consciousness rolls.

Relevant Design Quirks:
-Battle Fists: The mech receives a -1 accuracy bonus when punching.
-Cramped Cockpit: The pilot suffers a +1 penalty on piloting rolls.
-Extended Torso Twist: The mech can twist its torso one hex further than usual.
-Narrow Profile: The mech takes less damage from incoming weapons fire if the margin of success is +1 or lower. Direct fire weapons deal half damage, while cluster attacks receive a -4 penalty when determining the number of hits.
-Poor Workmanship: The unit takes a +1 penalty on critical rolls.

--

Primary Objectives:
-Eliminate enemy commander (Etienne Decimis) (0/1)
-Destroy at least four Fusilier battlemechs (1/4)

Secondary Objectives:
-Destroy the statue of Marquis Rousseau Decimis (Hex 1619) (50,000 C-Bill reward)
-Destroy City Militia base (All single hex buildings in the city block with the northernmost hex of 0208) (100,000 C-Bill reward)
-Destroy Militia Fuel Depot (150,000 C-Bill reward)

--

Next Orders Due: Tuesday 23rd 9:00PM GMT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

And that's why you don't let a Victor at your rear arc.