Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

edit: those spoofs have aged worse than i remembered.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Raluek posted:

set sail for dick

it was this one, which isn't awful but the other 20 had a little too much bullshit to feel good about linking to.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

waiting with bated breath to find out the replacement strip

maybe they'll recruit cboyardee, creator of this classic: :nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6rGUlVvVJ4

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/halomancer1/status/1630269070233976834

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

reported for doxxing

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

rotor posted:

my blankets & stuff always seem to gradually rotate over time.

makes sense given the username.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

yeah she's going to find religion and go quiverfull to kite this out for a few more years.

Shame Boy posted:

i more mean why she didn't just get taken right from court to prison and instead was told "well come back in a few months when you're ready to start your prisoning"

there are a decent number of convicted people, not all of whom are (or were) filthy rich white people, who are given a few weeks to get their stuff in order before they have to report to prison.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

how many of them buy one-way tickets to mexico

that probably should have been an instant pop, yes.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted:

iirc arlington didnt give poo poo except upon receipt of tax revenue so they made a deec decision

state of virginia absolutely gave them a sloppy handjob even if arlington didn't.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

those are overpriced as all hell but at least cooler than the funko pops

that's scalper prices on that gundam kit, it retailed for 180 at release.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

what does this even mean lmao

it's an anti kinkshaming battle cry.

edit: there was a whole page after the op

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kirk posted:

lol I just founded a startup I’m going to die irl

easy come, easy go

good to see you again!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

this may be thiels "stole from other rich peeps" moment, now that i think about it. theres some litigated free speech carveouts specifically for causing bank runs

he's richer than them so it's still okay for him to do.

also

PIZZA.BAT posted:

holy poo poo it's cremnob

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

can you perform a citizens arrest on all those peeps

star citizen's arrest

post hole digger posted:

anyways you dont gotta hand it to them but i will definitely laugh at the vcs spending the last several years just outright supporting republican party ideals, the bank itself successfully lobbying the trump admin to lower liquidity stress requirements, and then this happens and the olive branch the Trumps extend is "your bank failed because it's TOO GAY buh bye sweetheart"

https://mobile.twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1634921788068204544

rekt. svb got what they paid for there.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

rotor posted:

i feel like this is another one of those things where internet people immediately become experts in the crisis du jour and im kinda tired of it. idkwtf and i dont think anyone posting about it here k's wtf either so lets all just settle down and lol at all the bullcrap

:yeah:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

big shtick energy posted:

is it homophobic or okay to start calling peter thiel a welfare queen?

"sucking from the public teat" is at least as insulting.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

gently caress rifts and gently caress its nazi writer. in the very first book he published rules for playing soldiers for the evil nazi skull faction and in successive supplemental books wrote things such that the only reason the kinder settlements could exist was because they were stooges of aliens or because the evil nazi skull faction were the hard men making hard choices for the benefit of mankind. they 100% lost me when they started hand wringing about the humanity of their concentration camp guards. gently caress em.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

paranoia is a good time as long as you have a group who will engage with the premise instead of the memes.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

kdrudy posted:

Rifts is rad, but you all know we are just going to play FATAL.

fantasy adventure to adult lechery, or from another time, another land?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

hello old friend

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Eeyo posted:

maybe they’re a saboteur, bringing bad companies down from the inside.

o7 if true

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

haveblue posted:

went to the Museum of Failure today and it was like a trip down tech bubble memory lane

call before you come by my house next time.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

lmao someone beat the poo poo out of the juicero

even the plug is hosed up

they may have literally pulled it from a dumpster

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

jammyozzy posted:

This is gonna backfire when the only person lifeless and creepy enough for the mii creator to make a reasonable facsimile of is Zuck

miis are about to be history, the 3ds and wiiu are discontinuing eshop support in a few days.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Broken Machine posted:

oh goodness, i only have one photo of the dear so far, and she's still pretty shell-shocked, so no reposts please

such a dear :3:

e: meet esperanza tech thread, say hi

:3:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

OldAlias posted:

there’s plenty of beautiful places that are doable but there’s tradeoffs. I remember working with a woman who lived on one of the smaller islands off Vancouver island. with ferries and transit it took her 3 hours one way to get to work

gently caress that unless i only have to go in like once a month.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

wanna see a pro wrestler with a chatgpt hype man that results in the undertaker suplexing a half rack at the next wrestlemania.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

i enjoyed the series but watched it as an adult so it didn't blow me away. i only made it through half of the first movie though- it was too much the same thing for me to want to watch another seven hours or whatever

the significant deviations don't start until the second one. 3 and 4 are completely "here there be dragons" territory.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ask any mod to blank it, it's free and you can get on with your day. maybe iks can blank them too.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

i've never been the victim of targeted seinfeld-avatar-based dunks

:twisted:

just kidding, the poodle jones theme is too good to disrupt.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

keep doing what you're doing, you look great! :cheerdoge:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

don't get your hopes up, it'll be patented for 100,000 years and cost a million euro a shot.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

haveblue posted:

I learned this from the little-known sequel to fantastic voyage, which has a scene where the miniaturized scientists demonstrate it by easily lifting each other

i liked how asimov said something in the afterword like "yeah they asked me to do the novelization for the movie and i thought parts of it were lame so this book was what i would have done if i could clean sheet the premise".

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ADINSX posted:

It’s still sort of a gross phrase though

spermaducts

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

yud made a religion, its just a religion

same poo poo, different dogma

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Internet Janitor posted:

one day, youtube will die

possibly sooner than we expect

when it happens humanity as a whole will lose a virtually incalculable amount of information, art and culture

a number will go up on a spreadsheet, and somebody will get a bonus

we survived the death of geocities, we'll live through this loss(.mp4) as well.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

armpit_enjoyer posted:

something something effective altruism something something ai models something something creating every possible video ever

i wonder if i could get funded by a VC if i asked chatgpt to create a pitch for a startup like that and just sent it to a bunch of my linkedin contacts

try it, it can't be any more fraudulent than most startup pitches.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Expo70 posted:

isn't there like, a proper name for when folks think poo poo is gonna be like it is in scifi because they experience Catastrophic Failure Of Imagination (COFI™) and just assume poo poo will be like the scifi?

i think it's a side effect of nerds making comic book and movie fandoms their entire identities. you sleep in a starship enterprise bed, you're going to want the replicator to be a real thing too. you have six torture nexus t-shirts, you're going to make it happen in real life.

https://youtu.be/n-BmKFgJJog

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

being pissed at the evident fatness of the tail

:yosbutt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Expo70 posted:

also that cryptogoblin, Caroline Ellison, i wonder how long she'll go away for?

likely none, she has very obviously made a deal with fedgov so she probably skates with probation and maybe getting barred from running a company traded on a us exchange for a few years in return for turning over her chronicles of sbf's improbable and ever-expanding list of crimes.