Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

gently caress you op. go back to your other loving threads and participate in them. i hope you get loving banned bitch

:gas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Smugworth posted:

Found the office crapper

oh here we go. smug is siding wihrt another fail rear end gbs gimmick guy. colour me surprised. william was right about you

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

LuckyCat posted:

Keep us posted op. I want to make sure this very specific personal problem that only you would care about gets resolved

op will absoloutely NOT be keeping us posted

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

a beautiful probation by a beautiful mod. RIP

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Curious as to OP’s sleeping arrangement. Still on the couch or…?

also wondering this as well, and will contiunue to wonder + speculate as op is sure to abandon this thread as well as is his wont

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

nice loving find

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

credit unions ftw

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

cumpantry posted:

can someone credit union pill me

depends on the cu for benefits but basically they're a bank with no profit motive. so there is no incentive to gouge the customers (members in the case of a cu) for financial services. generally no or very low fees for things, high savings interest rates, low loan rates, profit sharing. because they only charge what is required to run the organization, with no intent to generate profits for shareholders. they're also usually smaller and regional so you get a more intimate experience when seeking financial services that a bank would just flatly deny you for. here in canada they're part of a larger national organization that pools resources so that cu's are still competitive too so they don't get rolled by banks. dunno how it is in america but essenrtially they're better in every single way unless i guess you own a non-insignificant % of the bank

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

LanceHunter posted:

Credit unions were a very good alternative back in the days before Dodd–Frank and the CFPB, where banks were just gouging people left and right and people had basically no recourse. Doing simple things like waiving overdraft fees or giving free ATM withdrawals made them miles better than most traditional banks.

Today, though, most of the benefits they offer are also offered by big traditional banks. You can really tell someone who has been with a credit union for over a decade because most of the things they brag about are just regular features for every bank user now. Also, when you are with a credit union they're likely to be using really shoddy and/or antiquated tech, have seriously understaffed customer support departments, and be constantly shilling various insurance products at you. If you want to use a bank with a buggy app that hasn't been updated in 2 years, where you can't use their online banking services from 1:00-3:00am because of the nightly DB refresh, then a credit union might be for you!

i assume you're talking about america because that's not true in the slightest here lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

*extremely fat cartoonish bankster wearing rtop hat + monocle w/ a 3 piece suit clearly bursting at the seams waddles into teh thread smoking a cigar and leaning on his ivory + ebony walking cane*

credit unions are no better than banks, in fact they are worse,

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol. this

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You guys don't use a bank for your savings account? Or are we just strictly talking checking accounts

my savings account is with my cu as well as they pay me hella interest and the bank is still like fractions of a percent. also my investments are with an independent discount brokerage. gently caress banks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

BofA deeze nuts

:xd: :xd: :xd: nice brother :lol:

classic!!!! hahahaha