Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Azathoth posted:

One of my aunts has a crockpot meatball recipe that uses grape jelly as an ingredient, they rule.

This is the other potluck food that will dominate the potluck, bbq meatballs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this forums culture is broken! fix it!

I’ve been looking into it and everything seems to be working so it’s likely a problem on your end hth

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this forums culture is broken! fix it!

skill issue

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lumpentroll posted:

thank you for dealing with the lpzie problem, nontheless

🖕

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

this is an incredible channel. everything here looks like dogfood, everything is filmed in one of two of the worst kitchens ever captured on camera, everything this guy says is totally inane, and he's been doing it for 15 years. the old ones aren't any better and the newer ones, somehow, seem worse. hundreds of videos where a guy who can only make the expressions fish make stumbles through producing either slop, or chicken with the slimiest, rubberiest skin you've ever seen. instant sub thank you for this.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

mods change my name please

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the only good cooking youtubes are by masaokis

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
that is what Americans call a "salad"

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

that the samurai guy cooking egg shells?

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

masaokis.... there's name I haven't heard in years........

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

the only ones that should be allowed are the people who show you how to cook in rural parts of the world

just some grandma chopping things with a machete while squatting

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

vyelkin posted:

that is what Americans call a "salad"

not a proper salad unless it has marshmallows in it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the only ones that should be allowed are the people who show you how to cook in rural parts of the world

just some grandma chopping things with a machete while squatting

there was a chinese lady who did this because she said she wanted to show people how people still live off the land and then stopped making videos because she got too popular with americans lol

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica
:doit:

:gary: masaokis died 34 years ago :gary:
:doit:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

all those cooking channels are super overproduced now and it sucks, everonyer just copies that ethan, weissman, babish style

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica
e: n/t

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJSZfrJFluw

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

all those cooking channels are super overproduced now and it sucks, everonyer just copies that ethan, weissman, babish style

this is a big YouTube problem all around imo. there’s this refined pervasive YouTube video culture that sucks rear end

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i just watch various videos of gordon ramsay teaching me how to scramble an egg correctly

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

there was a chinese lady who did this because she said she wanted to show people how people still live off the land and then stopped making videos because she got too popular with americans lol

Americans ruin everything T_T

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
is Gordon Ramsey even still a thing? felt I haven’t heard his name or new Ramsey meme since like 2012

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

you gotta know where to look... sub 50 views is a goldmine

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Xaris posted:

is Gordon Ramsey even still a thing? felt I haven’t heard his name or new Ramsey meme since like 2012

he's been less visible ever since he refused to keep doing Kitchen Nightmares shows and spin-offs because the producers were trying to kill him

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

he's always scrambling eggs correctly

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I like just watching people do stuff like woodworking or gardening and being able to take in what they're actually doing. Not All Americans, but a lot of them, can't shut the gently caress up during their youtube videos and talk over everything. Idk, it's like I can't focus on what they're actually doing because my mind is trying to pay attention to their voice instead, and it defeats the whole point of it being a Video that you watch.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i think its probably fine to unperma the guy who eats turds and loses toes to debts since he met his obligations

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

LT2012 used to hang out and deal lovely weed at the same gas station. He used to drag a heavy laptop with a modem around so he could make politics posts on slashdot. He'd always wear a bowtie with his wolf t-shirt and every time he'd make a post, he'd try to spin the tie around and end up choking himself.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Al! posted:

i think its probably fine to unperma the guy who eats turds and loses toes to debts since he met his obligations

i was neutral on the issue until last night, now i think plinkey should be imprisoned

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

cooking with dog is the only good chef

https://www.youtube.com/@cookingwithdog

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

vyelkin posted:

he's been less visible ever since he refused to keep doing Kitchen Nightmares shows and spin-offs because the producers were trying to kill him

is there an article about this or something

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

that was extremely pleasant to watch, ty

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

is there an article about this or something

idk probably, it's just something I heard, that he stopped doing it because eventually they stopped sending him to restaurants that were moderately mismanaged and started sending him to restaurants where you get food poisoning

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

that was extremely pleasant to watch, ty

you're welcome, highly recommend that whole channel

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

that's the American tv landscape. he should have stayed overseas making nice TV shows where he helped restaurants... those were good.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
making gordon ramsay eat a vegetable and killing him dead

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
UK Kitchen Nightmares vs US is a completely different show, Ramsay's barely even the same person on his American stuff

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the only kind of Bar Rescue type shows allowed in the US should be Nathan For You style shows where the goal is actually to get into a game of TV Chicken with the small business owner

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

UK Kitchen Nightmares vs US is a completely different show, Ramsay's barely even the same person on his American stuff

its like uk sonic and american sonic

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

UK is so much better it's insane

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the only kind of Bar Rescue type shows allowed in the US should be Nathan For You style shows where the goal is actually to get into a game of TV Chicken with the small business owner

I would definitely watch Gordon For You

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

maybe there should be one where the goal is to help ma' and pa' burn the restaurant down and collect the insurance...