Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

HGH and Centaur Paintings is back for another season. Greetings from Italy, noted baseball powerhouse and home to famous Italian baseball hurler Matt Harvey.

Feel free to name your team after anything honoring this proud nation and its wonderful people.

:siren: Stupid Special Rules :siren:
There is a :10bux: fee, with the money divvied up 60/30/10 to the first, second, and third place teams respectively. Every year the winner has been paid so your :10bux: ten dollars are safe with me.
Mandatory 3 Keeper rule: You must keep 3 players before the draft, despite how lovely your roster is. If you don't keep three players I will select them for you based upon average draft position.

This is an ESPN league with 80% goons in it. Scoring is Batting Average, HR, RBI, R, BBs, and SBs on offense. Ks, Wins, Saves, Holds, ERA, and WHIP on pitching.

We use the Free Agent Auction System which results in hilarious overpays for waiver wire guys and dudes that get called up for one start and then sent back down.

This is the current roster size. Four seasons ago we added a 4th OF which helped prevent the glut of good OFs sitting on the waiver wire.

DRAFT DATE: We're hoping to draft Sunday, March 19th at 7:00PM EST. This should give enough time for players to get injured in the WBC and Spring Training and still give you a week to trade the five DHs you drafted before opening day.

General Bullshit fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Mar 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Broke Steinbrenners -- Checked in and paid
Chicago Handshakes -- Checked in and paid
Homestead Pinkertons -- Checked in
GSV Arbitration Hearings -- Checked in and paid
Luxury Tax Evaders -- Checked in and paid
Fightin Chocobos -- Checked in
Haywood Hurlers -- Checked in and paid
Little Kenny's Labor Honks -- Checked in and paid
Frugal Moogle -- Checked in
Bilbo BABIPS -- Checked in and paid

Please send all league dues to senatorjp at yahoo dot com

General Bullshit fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 15, 2023

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I must've missed the email, but I'm in again. I was Luxury Tax Evaders last year.

Paypal $$ sent

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
PayPal sent for GSV Arbitration Hearing!

ed: Italy is a great theme

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The Pussy Boss posted:

I must've missed the email, but I'm in again. I was Luxury Tax Evaders last year.

Paypal $$ sent

I think ESPN's mail system sucks. I remember this happening last season.

Fleetwood posted:

PayPal sent for GSV Arbitration Hearing!

ed: Italy is a great theme

Ok good I am running out of WBC countries and themes. All we have left is China.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I don't think I got an email either, but Bilbo BABIPs is back to finish in 2nd again. And this year I'll even change my name to match the theme!

Edit: paid

coronaball fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Mar 8, 2023

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

I don't think I got an email either, but Bilbo BABIPs is back to finish in 2nd again. And this year I'll even change my name to match the theme!

Edit: paid

Okay the ESPN email system sucks then, I hope people are seeing the league draft time email. Also welcome back!

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Oh, it's "this year I'm gonna really prepare instead of just drafting people I vaguely remember someone talking positively about" season already! :10bux: are on the way

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Quoting myself from the old thread.

coronaball posted:

Maybe next year we should wrap up the week before the regular season ends, today was stupid since everyone had already clinched everything. Something to consider in the Spring.

I don't think it's as important as ending before week 18 in football, but it definitely was lame having a half full lineup on the last day of the season last year. I would suggest that we end on Sunday, 9/24.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

Quoting myself from the old thread.

I don't think it's as important as ending before week 18 in football, but it definitely was lame having a half full lineup on the last day of the season last year. I would suggest that we end on Sunday, 9/24.

ESPN's settings only give the option of having 1 or 2 week playoffs per round, so it'd end 9/17.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

General Bullshit posted:

ESPN's settings only give the option of having 1 or 2 week playoffs per round, so it'd end 9/17.

Oh. That's too early. If that's the case, I'd say forget it then.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

Oh. That's too early. If that's the case, I'd say forget it then.

Yeah I wish I could manually set it. It's a bummer.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Ok I am missing two people and I don't remember what their usernames are. I don't want a repeat of last season where I give away a guy's team. :cry:

General Bullshit fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 11, 2023

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

General Bullshit posted:

Ok I am missing two people and I don't remember what their usernames are. I don't want a repeat of last season where I give away a guy's team. :cry:

Edit more settings. That's what got my attention because it gave me an app notification. 😀

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Frugal Moogle checking in, trying to decide who my keepers will be. See y'all next Sunday!

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Ok I have no clue who the Chicago Handshakes were from last year, I sent another site mail to them and am trying to figure out which user it was from here. Hoping they come back or I have to find a new owner.

Ok I have deduced that user DeepDickPizza is the owner of the last team I haven't heard from. He doesn't have PMs on here :(

General Bullshit fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 13, 2023

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

All good!

General Bullshit fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Mar 17, 2023

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Sorry. I replied to your email. I’m good to return if nobody has tried to claim my team. If they have, my loss for forgetting to check the subforum this week. :(

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

DeepDickPizza posted:

Sorry. I replied to your email. I’m good to return if nobody has tried to claim my team. If they have, my loss for forgetting to check the subforum this week. :(

The ESPN email system is so bad I think only like 2 people got the email asking if they were coming back. I'm not kidding.

Glad you're back dude.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

:siren: Reminder to please get your keepers in. The rosters lock an hour before the draft :siren:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The Syracuse team didn't have their keepers set so I choose the top three according to ADP: Soto, Burnes, and Goldschmidt.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

General Bullshit posted:

The Syracuse team didn't have their keepers set so I choose the top three according to ADP: Soto, Burnes, and Goldschmidt.

I'm seeing Goldschmidt as available FYI. Did it keep someone else?

Edit: Woodruff was kept FYI.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 19, 2023

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

kalensc posted:

I'm seeing Goldschmidt as available FYI. Did it keep someone else?

Edit: Woodruff was kept FYI.

Yeah I think he set his own afterward which is awesome.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Here's the projections for 2023!

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

yesssssssss!!!!

(came here looking for that)

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I think I led in Runs last year. guess that's out

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

General Bullshit posted:

Yeah I think he set his own afterward which is awesome.

I waited as long as I could bc I had too many good players :smug: (thx tho, I would have been fine with Goldy)

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Fleetwood posted:

I waited as long as I could bc I had too many good players :smug: (thx tho, I would have been fine with Goldy)

Glad you chose yourself, when I checked back it was different I freaked out that I clicked the wrong boxes :lol:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Hoppy Easter muchachos

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Thanks Taylor Street Taralli owner for sending in the :10bux:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

General Bullshit posted:

Thanks Taylor Street Taralli owner for sending in the :10bux:

My pleasure. Since I was doing my procrastinated taxes, it reminded me to do other things that I forget about that actually take no time at all, like paying fantasy dues for all my leagues.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

kalensc posted:

Hoppy Easter muchachos

Bo Bichette?

DeepDickPizza posted:

My pleasure. Since I was doing my procrastinated taxes, it reminded me to do other things that I forget about that actually take no time at all, like paying fantasy dues for all my leagues.

Hope you get some sweet refunds.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I promised myself I wouldn't lament Trout going on the IL since of course that would happen at some point.

But when all 3 keepers (Trout, Bichette, Ohtani) are either IL/DTD and two of my top pitchers (Eovaldi, Wacha) are also on the IL so I'm spending two roster slots on dudes in street clothes, well...

I choose to lament by Bumping the thread!

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

brutal season lol

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Congrats to the Genoa Giganti, I will start sending out money as soon as I get off work and can remember my Paypal password.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Money has been sent to the winners. This time Paypal did not flag my transaction and ask me for Alex Rodriguez's birthdate.

Also I had no business getting second place; the H2H gods will exact vengeance on me next season

Fleetwood posted:

brutal season lol

I drafted Alek Manoah as my ace so my god :psyduck:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

We running this back this year? I didn't see a new thread.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

We running this back this year? I didn't see a new thread.

Yes I'm going to post a new thread soon, on the fence over what our gimmick theme country will be this year because we're running out of them :lol:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

General Bullshit posted:

Yes I'm going to post a new thread soon, on the fence over what our gimmick theme country will be this year because we're running out of them :lol:

We are indeed.

Columbia? Venezuela?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

We are indeed.

Columbia? Venezuela?

Oh poo poo I forgot about Venezuela. Colombia works, too. gently caress. I was going with China because of the WBC last year I saw them a lot.