Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

MrQwerty posted:

Hell yeah only a matter of time before this thread turned into GOON KING OF THE RING

The first pro muay Thai fight I ever had was at an event called Ring Kings at a lovely bar in Los Angeles. Won the fight, got hit by a car after coming out of the bar.

Got suckered into fighting in a bare knuckle MMA bout in Moscow one time because my manager was a drunken rear end in a top hat.

Was fighting in an MMA match once in Florida right after I got my black belt in BJJ, and part of the ceiling of the building we were in collapsed into the ring. Had to get stitches from being cut by glass.

Got the poo poo beat out of me on some docks in the Phillipines after the World Kali stick fighting championships.

Got hosed up by a dude while learning Lethwei in Myanmar. There are injury timeouts in Lethwei so if a fighter gets KO'd, their corner has 2 minutes to get the fighter back in before the bout is called. It's the most brutal ring sport I've ever done.

Was in the trunk of a car when it crashed into a barricade.

Been stabbed/cut a couple of times. Shot at more than a few times but luckily never took a bullet.

Tons of concussions, been knocked out in bar brawls.

Have been to the Dog Brothers' Gathering of the Pack multiple times (full contact no protective gear stick fighting) and got smashed in the skull, lacerated thumb, broken ribs.

Been kicked in the head by Wesley Snipes. He hit pretty hard.

Steven Seagal hates me and the feeling is mutual. We can't be in the same room together but we never are anymore anyway.

A lot of my instructors were legit psychopaths and only wanted to hurt someone, their own students included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm not a fighter, I'm a victim :smug:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I am the toughest boy here. No, I will not prove it.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I stole Jake shields’ jorts, and he didn’t have pants for a week

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know if I would say I was "tough" so much as "resilient." I've walked away from so much poo poo that should have disabled or killed me it is fairly remarkable. I'd have to stop and figure out how many serious concussions I've had, but I think it's around 6 or so. Not including the time I had multiple skull fractures - I consider that particular TBI unique. I wrecked two cars in fairly spectacular ways, one of which didn't look survivable from the post-wreck pictures of the car.

I'm pretty sure my earliest memory is of the family dog trying to remove my face, followed closely afterward by seeing what a face full of stitches looks like.

A lot of this is just luck, though. I won the genetic lottery in terms of being resistant to concussions, and having a freaky ability to heal. Hence the wondering if "tough" or "resilient" are the better term.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Being young is often packaged with freaky healing.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Being young is often packaged with freaky healing.

I'm talking about when I was 35 or 36. Which I guess is young, depending on how you look at it.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

He's a goon????

poo poo, explains the in-depth wrestling trivia thread.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I can't say whose the toughest for sure but from the ones I sampled CaptainSarcastic was the hardest to chew, I still got pieces between my teeth.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I knocked a fortified supersoldier out with one punch and he shattered the back of his skull in addition to the front when he hit the ground.

I bet his piece of poo poo boss will come out here and complain about it not being a one sided war anymore and I bet I’ll knock him the gently caress out too.

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Mar 14, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Need I say more?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Smugworth posted:

Need I say more?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Smugworth posted:

Need I say more?

OH poo poo YOU GUYS SCRAM!

Actually let's hold on a minute here

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

1v1 me bro right here right now

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Thread going unexpected yet intriguing places.

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

Im made of rocks

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Smugworth posted:

1v1 me bro right here right now

Courtroom artist's depiction of the main event:

:lolplant:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

Courtroom artist's depiction of the main event:

:lolplant:

Would you explain what this was doing at your house

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You don't explain art or love.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
"This is the pig I've been loving."

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
If the toughest goon competition was held in 2010 when I was hauling kegs around at work and working out/sparring with a friend who was in the local D-tier MMA promotion I might have had a chance.

I'm old and fat and a computer toucher now. So still probably in the top third.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

:pwn:

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

JamMaster Flash posted:

I think it's me.

I've had 12+ concussions and never been KOed.

I've fallen through floor on 2nd story house fire. Self rescued, got out of the building cause I lost my helmet in the fall. Someone brought it out to me and I went back in. I've been burned and cut up too many times to count. I've subdued people on spice, blow, fent, etoh, etc.

Bounced clubs on and off for 17 years.

Other than bouncing I've never been in an angry altercation though. Never been shot or stabbed or anything, but I did subdue a drunk guy that pulled a knife, I was young and stupid and just lucky he wasn't super committed to using it.

BJJ Black Belt....Im not training regularly these days but I'm pretty big/strong so anyone who's ever grappled will understand what this is like.

Almost 20 sanctioned MMA fights. Winning record both amateur and professionally. Never been finished, all the Ls are judges decisions but one was doctor stoppage for a cut where I was getting my rear end kicked and bleeding everywhere.

I was still awake and going at it though.

Edit: I know posting a longass seriousish reply is wack, but I do take toughness mega seriously

OH yeah??????? but if you hurt me i will cry and poo poo my pants!!! what are you gonna do THEN huh?? HUH??????

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

oh i also have a rat tickling certificate

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I've had a painful hemorrhoid for the last 7 years but i don't go to the doctor

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

Icochet posted:

I've had a painful hemorrhoid for the last 7 years but i don't go to the doctor

what's up my endlessly procrastinating about medical issues brother?

I hurt my arm exercising like 6 months ago and I've been just avoiding moving it in the Bad Way the whole time

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If it's a crunchy joint, it's hosed now. hosed forever.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

lowtax was pretty tough, the type of guy who’d stare down the barrel of a gun and not flinch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3M_wGfYewo