Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The only ending I'll be satisfied with is Cousin Gregg in charge of the whole everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
bingo-bongo, hit that bango

Gonna work that into as many awkward conversations as possible.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Another Bill posted:

The only ending I'll be satisfied with is Cousin Gregg in charge of the whole everything.

"Let's all welcome the new CEO of Waystar Royco, Craig Hirsch!"

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
The interaction between Greg and Logan in the joke room had me rolling. Just brutal and snappy.

Great episode. I love this show and am sad it's ending, but excited for how it could end.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Mike N Eich posted:

Love seeing Tom and Greg back together. The Disgusting Brothers!

I was wondering about how Shiv knew about The Disgusting Brothers, but then I realized Greg probably told her during a normal conversation.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

That's the thing, you'd think she'd want him to not spend money. Maybe she found a role in the campaign that works for her, maybe she's speedrunning her way to a profitable divorce.

Willa has mastered the art of playing Conor. Agreeing to his stupid ideas and letting him arrive at her desired outcome on his own.

Sure, go ahead and spend that 100M. It'll improve your position right?

Well...uh..no... I'll maintain it at best

Ok but if you spend that money you'll still be rich right?

Well...uh... Yeah but 100M less rich.

Bingo bango, now it was Con's idea not to spend it. Willa loving owns.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Please stop putting spoiler tags for episodes that have already aired. It's confusing.

They should be reserved for preview or trailer discussions. Anything that hasn't aired on the east coast.

Otherwise I won't lick your big omelette nipples

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I usually wait a day before I stop using spoilers for an episode that aired, just in case someone wasn't able to watch it the night previous. Sometimes people wanna get in on that pre-episode chatter. But to each their own.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Another Bill posted:

If I wanted to nit pick I would point out that the price of Pierce has dropped from ~25b in season 2-3 to 5-10b but Roystar's value (in the same legacy media sphere) hasn't slipped.

But that's just for plot convenience so I repeat to myself it's just a show I should really just relax.

Not quite enough of a business nerd to be super confident, but If we're just focusing on ATN, I think Shiv casually mentioned that their numbers had turned around after they leaned into the hard-right/alt-right stuff and Tom had gotten some interview laying the credit on him. If Pierce is suffering the CNN "we centered ourselves into oblivion" curse, then I can see the values growing pretty far apart.

If it's the whole company, then Roystar was tanking hard enough for it to flip the positions in the Gojo merger. And also Pierce's number was implied to be very overvalued and only on the table because of how obsessed Logan was with it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

escape artist posted:

Please stop putting spoiler tags for episodes that have already aired. It's confusing.

They should be reserved for preview or trailer discussions. Anything that hasn't aired on the east coast.

Otherwise I won't lick your big omelette nipples

yeah

especially the nipple stuff

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Not quite enough of a business nerd to be super confident, but If we're just focusing on ATN, I think Shiv casually mentioned that their numbers had turned around after they leaned into the hard-right/alt-right stuff and Tom had gotten some interview laying the credit on him. If Pierce is suffering the CNN "we centered ourselves into oblivion" curse, then I can see the values growing pretty far apart.
I like the idea that Greg is some kind of meme based God to incels.

Where can I go to read a comprehensive summary of CNN eating poo poo?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Wasn't Logan's "the left eat their own" line in reference to Pierce tanking, or am I misremembering?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It sounded like younger, more radical people are increasingly critical of supposedly “left wing” PGN, much like in real life with The NY Times and various cable outlets.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
They have miles to go before they sleep.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Another Bill posted:

I feel like that's definitely in play

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Fantastic opener. I lol'd IRL several times. Sarah Snook threw down her best performance of the series and if I were HBO (or her) I would feel very comfortable with that episode as "for your consideration" for an Emmy for her. She killed it.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Fantastic opener. I lol'd IRL several times. Sarah Snook threw down her best performance of the series and if I were HBO (or her) I would feel very comfortable with that episode as "for your consideration" for an Emmy for her. She killed it.

Yeah Shiv’s face when she contemplated that Tom might be sleeping with a younger, richer, more attractive woman was a portrait of a betrayed narcissist. That and her whole “Are you banging models, Tom? Do you and Greg take turns banging models, Tom? Do you bang them here in our bed, Tom?” She MADE him! She OWNS him! How could HE the “boy from Milwaukee” trade up on HER?! :Chefs kiss:

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The speed of Greg's 'Your kids aren't here' line was amazing

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Greg in Control would be the funniest and most fanservicey ending, but I just can't see a path there.

Idunno if Shiv actually cares about Tom loving around, or if she just enjoys tormenting him the same way her brothers torment her and Tom in turn passes it down the line to Greg. I guess she does have "when I asked for an open relationship I assumed I'd get laid more" energy. Tom, meanwhile, seems like he likes loving around but is constitutionally unsuited for nonmonogamy.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

roman looking like the most level-headed and competent person in the room between the three was kind of scary

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Isn't Con also still massively in debt from financing Willa's play? Since he is still running I guess Logan never gave him that hundred milly spot...

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Logans afterlife musings were such an incredible portrayal of the empty unfillable vapid hole men like him carry in their hearts till the day they die.

Almost makes me think theyre setting something up with Logan begrudingly realizing the only part of you exists after you die are your children and this being a turn for him if they at all toil with his health as a part of this season.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Halloween Jack posted:

Greg in Control would be the funniest and most fanservicey ending, but I just can't see a path there.

Idunno if Shiv actually cares about Tom loving around, or if she just enjoys tormenting him the same way her brothers torment her and Tom in turn passes it down the line to Greg. I guess she does have "when I asked for an open relationship I assumed I'd get laid more" energy. Tom, meanwhile, seems like he likes loving around but is constitutionally unsuited for nonmonogamy.

Shiv is the youngest and the only girl, so I definitely read a component of "this is the person I am Above, no matter what" in her relationship with Tom, because yeah, she's bottom of the pecking order twice over by virtue of her gender and her age.

In her own way she does love him, probably, or her ego wouldn't be quite so hurt, but like every person in that whole family she is not constitutionally capable of loving in a healthy / "normal" manner.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

el disgusting brothers

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Mirotic posted:

Shiv is the youngest and the only girl, so I definitely read a component of "this is the person I am Above, no matter what" in her relationship with Tom, because yeah, she's bottom of the pecking order twice over by virtue of her gender and her age.

In her own way she does love him, probably, or her ego wouldn't be quite so hurt, but like every person in that whole family she is not constitutionally capable of loving in a healthy / "normal" manner.

I just assumed until reading this that Roman was the youngest because he has the most incredible Youngest Child vibes

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah I thought Roman was the youngest too, I always assumed Shiv was the middle child. Kendall SHOULD be, but he and the others all consider him "the oldest" which infuriated Connor so much when it came up last season, since he is. Kind of blows my mind to find out Shiv is the youngest.

Quite notable that when Greg jumped to the,"Where's your kids, Logan?" insult, it's clear that nobody really considers Connor at all, since he IS at the party.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Yeah, Shiv is the youngest and it makes sense, once you know about it -- the constant need to prove herself is some real youngest child poo poo.

Source: I'm a youngest child by 10+ years

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Oh wow I really assumed Roman was the youngest, he's just got such... Wormy spoiled daddy's boy youngest kid vibes

(Note: I am a youngest child)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
“Shiv possesses natural leadership instincts” boy that’s an outdated description

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Connor is in his early 50s, Kendall is early 40s, Roman is mid-30s, and Shiv is about 4-5 years younger than he is.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

MrMojok posted:

Connor is in his early 50s, Kendall is early 40s, Roman is mid-30s, and Shiv is about 4-5 years younger than he is.

Alan Ruck is 66 years old.

I've thought it's kind of odd they cast Connor with an actor who is so much older than his character's siblings' actors. But he's good in it, so I guess it doesn't matter.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

Yeah it's definitely that she thinks the separation was going to swing her way and now Tom is loving models and has Logan's ear in a way that she never did. That phone conversation is as Gotten To as Shiv has ever been. You can see she's trying to grasp one last bit of power back by denying Tom sex in the bed, but I'm pretty sure Tom was even offering that as pity.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Just caught the season premier. We need a crossover between The Disgusting Bros and The Gruesome Twosome.

I love how Tom isn't taking any of Shiv's poo poo.

"Do you really want to get into a full accounting of all the pain in our marriage? Because if you do, I can do that."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Alan Ruck is 66 years old.

I've thought it's kind of odd they cast Connor with an actor who is so much older than his character's siblings' actors. But he's good in it, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Alan Ruck is always playing younger than he is. He was like 30 in Ferris Bueller. And Cox is several years younger than Logan.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

ShowTime posted:

The interaction between Greg and Logan in the joke room had me rolling. Just brutal and snappy.

Great episode. I love this show and am sad it's ending, but excited for how it could end.

magiccarpet posted:

The speed of Greg's 'Your kids aren't here' line was amazing

Yeah, Greg and Logan were great. I love the idea of Logan being in such a foul mood and wanting to fight something, he starts trading insults with cousin Greg.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Alan Ruck is always playing younger than he is. He was like 30 in Ferris Bueller.

Oh wow I feel so stupid

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If Logan is turning 83 or 84 now, I think it's reasonable for Connor to be around 60. But I guess he also was involved in bullying Roman as a child so maybe he's closer to 50.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Halloween Jack posted:

I can't imagine them not doing this at some point. It's not going to stick, but there'll be a reason for it, and Greg will be put in the seat of power for a good ten minutes before something happens and he loses it all. His arc so far is that he has no values he isn't willing to betray if it gets him closer to the Roy's, but he's also not clever enough to actually play their game. & no one actually cares about him, save maybe Tom.

Wouldn't be surprised if he otherwise gets put in charge of some subset property of the Roy's media empire, only for it to be shuttered the next day with the Roy going "oh, oh well".

That all said, I'm also rooting for the season to end with the Roys all perishing in a sinking yacht or private plane crash.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Halloween Jack posted:

Yeah, I don't see that happening in any form. The writing has been too good and that path doesn't play at all (other than fan service).

Also, I enjoyed how offended Greg was when Tom asked him if he fruitioned. "Can I not say?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to make Greg gaining power intentionally very frustrating and stupid, instead of delightful and stupid, because that's the only way they go for it.