Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which do you like better?
Real name
Username
My name is Goku
View Results

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I was just thinking about the fact that I like my SA username more than my real (first) name. This is more because I don't really like my real name than it is me liking my username.

My real name came from my great grandmother on my dad's side. It sounds nicer if you say my middle name with it but who wants to go by 2 names? Anyway I don't like how my name sounds and I don't like the feeling of saying it out loud for some reason.

My username came from lurking in LF around Obama times. The thread for the 2008 election watched the results and the first precinct reporting was Dixville Notch. People thought Dixville was funny and I agreed so I finally bought an account, as you can see it was that very day.

One name is given to you and one you chose yourself. Which one do you like more? It can be how you feel about people calling you that name, or just the way the name sounds, or however you want to compare them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I am a man without a name

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

my name is older than the bible

edit: my username i mean

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Real name. I would also like to change my username from something mildly clever, to something very stupid. Thank you

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

My real name is Slugworth but that was taken when I came to register

Thank you Trash Mammal. Welcome to dog world b*tch*s

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY journeyman SIGSMITH Luvcow

https://i.imgur.com/EebjYYe.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Official height endorsed by a medical professional: 5'11.5"

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Real name. I would also like to change my username from something mildly clever, to something very stupid. Thank you
I can't tell if this has been done since this post was made or not.

I actually like your name

Smugworth posted:

My real name is Slugworth but that was taken when I came to register

(But instead, the license plate says Slugworth)

Slugworth fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 27, 2023

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

my real name is actually way better. i didn't even choose this username.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i provide engineering services under the name "hot cocoa on the couch, P.Eng"

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
California DMV is processing my name change application as we post.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

My real name and my username are very similar.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

livestock changed my username years ago

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

my old username before a mod changed it was "irn--bru" ,with the two dashes because at the time there was already a user called "irn-bru" although i had never seen them post.

this thread made me curious so i used the search username thingy and found out they still exist and have made like 500 posts since 2001. they post like once every few years still. i like that dedication to lurking so hats off to you irn-bru.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

My real name is dumb and basic, my username is cool and funny and memorable.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I don't really care much for either, but not enough to change them.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
:laffo: My real name obviously! What kind of person wants to be called BLOODFART MCCOY all day lmao :suicide:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

my government name is Shitfart Esquire so its a toss up

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:
no

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
When i turned 18 i changed my real name to Randy Bordello and they wont let me change it back

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

My real name is Turi Ip Ip

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i like my username for online stuff but i dunno how id feel being called it in real life

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Who cares, it's just a way of getting my attention or differentiating me

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
I'm not really a fan of either.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
My real name is shared with an 80s TV character.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

goatface posted:

Hello Mr Belvedere

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
IRL I’ve had my username called out to me to get my attention and a few users I know have used a variation of witch as a nickname. The former is always really startling but the latter I’m sort of used to now.

most users who know me do call me by my legal name, and some users I only know by their actual name.

lesson? never socialize

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I wish to change my real name to my user name so I’ll let you decide

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Sid Vicious posted:

I wish to change my real name to my user name so I’ll let you decide

Sid Suction? The vacuum magnate?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
this name comes from a mod "post here and I'll give you a new name" thread. I forget who, epg maybe? he apparently had a theme going because a bunch of people got terrible country music themed names that day. if my real name were worse I'd have a serious problem.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm Goku OP.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
But are you slick and a baby?

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
I got mine in a name change thread and it's from a book. Maybe Great Expectations? Anyway I never remember it is. Milkin Microbar? Wilson's Microscope? Funky Winkerbean? Chippy Tribbletrabble? I wish that was my name. Chimpy Crimcram. Tippy Pinkberrry. I don't know how to rraead :(

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My username and real name serve such different purposes, it's difficult to compare them

goatface posted:

This, but movie instead of TV, and it can be torturous

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
ive gone by alot of user names and ill go by many more before i die so i dont really have an attatchment to any of them. I don't really like my legal name but i go by an actual name i do like. in a setting where they need to know my legal name i usually just go hey im legal name but you can call me fakename

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
my real name is SCABASS. so yeah, my real name obviously

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
a mod gave me my name, before that i was just naked as the day i was born

i reckon before the doctor slaps your rear end you should get to input your name

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Playing a COD game with voice chat I got called by my user name enough that it felt natural.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

teen witch posted:

IRL I’ve had my username called out to me to get my attention and a few users I know have used a variation of witch as a nickname. The former is always really startling but the latter I’m sort of used to now.

most users who know me do call me by my legal name, and some users I only know by their actual name.

lesson? never socialize

I've met goons but none of them called me by my username so I've never been called that irl. That would be a little weird admittedly but I wouldn't mind it.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i ain't got a real name, never have

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I go by like 20 different names IRL, helps throw the cops off the scent. Butcher being my camp/scouts counselor one that was assigned to me, because I worked as a butcher. Very creative pick guys. So to some people from back when, that's all they'll call me. But whatever, I don't mind it.

I even got 2 lady names because I'm :coal:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
given that my username is no longer "Hot Dog Day #47", i have to go with real :/