Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Boone gonna have to slam his hand on the table again soon. Embarrassing showing against the Rangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Yankees this season reminds me a lot of the 2013 team that failed to make the playoffs. Coming off of an embarrassing loss the previous season in the ALCS and follow it up with a bunch of early season injuries and zero depth. Also next year's free agent class outside of Ohtani is absolutely trash tier that Gio Urshela is on top 10 free agent lists. I love Gio but lol.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Why don't we talk about Bullet Rogan?

I'll give you one guess.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/MLBPipeline/status/1652761885157064707?t=wMrZO3Ddet0Y9GRgUqKBZA&s=19

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MrMidnight posted:

Boone gonna have to slam his hand on the table again soon. Embarrassing showing against the Rangers

They just aren't good. No table banging is going to make them good lol. It's a poorly constructed roster.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/PavlovicNBCS/status/1652780757922770946

Mexico City is something else man

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

mdemone posted:

Why don't we talk about Bullet Rogan?

I'll give you one guess.

Yeah you know why.

That's the biggest reason it's good that the NNL etc are recognized as major leagues now. The stats are all right there, next to the AL/NL players. It'll be a lot harder to erase the history in the future.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Foolish Baseball's "Yeah of Ohtani" video is a great watch, and he brings up Bullet Rogan's incredible 2-way performance (and how he kept up that elite 2-way performance for years, unlike Ruth).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ1wO5HwN1g

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

Cubs' next ten are against the Marlins and Nats and if we don't go at least 7-3 I will go berserk

The path forward is clear

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

The path forward is clear

That was L-W right?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Rays & Pirates both going into their series after losing the last game in an expected sweep. Definitely makes it more interesting.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
This is wild and makes me wonder if he's broken broken. Don't gently caress around with wrists, folks!

https://twitter.com/dohyoungpark/status/1652818220124962816

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

They probably just want him to play everyday for a while, he's been mashing on his rehab.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

yeah gonna need him to stay down in Iowa a bit longer.

Really get that seasoning, doesn't have the veteran presence yet.

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1652822188708200450

Feel like poo poo just want him back.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

They probably just want him to play everyday for a while, he's been mashing on his rehab.

Yeah they don't really have a spot for him in the lineup right now unless they want to downgrade on defense by moving kepler to cf

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
N: Who's your MLB overall ERA leader? Why, it's Sonny Gray, of the Minnesota Twins, with an 0.77 ERA! Now the third pitcher in the entire WC era to throw 5+ innings in his first six starts and allow one run or less in each.

V: Yes, of course. This makes complete sense. Who would be the third guy to join Ervin Santana and Kris Medlen? We all called that it would be Sonny Gray on the Minnesota Twins. Obviously.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Was that when Ervin Santana was also on the Twins or was it one of his other bizarro years?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rickiep00h posted:

Was that when Ervin Santana was also on the Twins or was it one of his other bizarro years?

It was, 2017

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Liar Lyre posted:

Rays & Pirates both going into their series after losing the last game in an expected sweep. Definitely makes it more interesting.
As an almost lifelong Rays fan this is the Ray's I'm used to starting every season somewhat strong and sinking to bottom 2. The last 6 years seem like anomalies and I'm still not used to seeing Rays in playoffs as a serious threat. I think I ended up becoming a Ray's fan in like 2003 and the team was still brand-new

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

mcmagic posted:

They just aren't good. No table banging is going to make them good lol. It's a poorly constructed roster.

Who could have foreseen going into the season with no actual left fielder, among other things, would have been an issue

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Nodoze posted:

Who could have foreseen going into the season with no actual left fielder, among other things, would have been an issue

Well when you have a veteran on staff like Hicks who can play* those multiple positions, you feel like you don't need to worry about things like positional fix.

*play meaning occupy physical space not be good lmao

Also, Corbin Carroll has a leg injury. I'm sad about it. He needs those to run fast.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

more falafel please posted:

Yeah you know why.

That's the biggest reason it's good that the NNL etc are recognized as major leagues now. The stats are all right there, next to the AL/NL players. It'll be a lot harder to erase the history in the future.

For those who play OOTP, do the Negro League guys get respect with ratings when you do the import historical player thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Happy May, everyone!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4031010