Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I made it as far as the whiny "what am I gonna tip you for?? I'm in the drive thru!!!" And it gave me all the info I needed to know.

I don't know why you insist on continuing to bring this up i noticed you posted a receipt from Papa johns the other day with no tip and no one took the bait.

I used to not tip well because nobody told me 15% was actually pretty lovely, it was what my parents told me but we were also pretty poor so i don't really blame them for not tipping that much. We still tipped though

Nowadays I'm at a financial place where I can tip well and I do. If you are financially fine and still don't tip that's hosed up. Especially if you're at an actual sit down restaurant because they are usually paid below minimum wage and literally depend on tips. It's a stupid system but that doesn't mean you should just refuse to pay, the people who rely on it aren't the ones who made the rules. They have no control over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

lil poopendorfer posted:

Wtf

15% is fine. Tip more if you can or want to but calling it “pretty lovely” is some kinda weird humble brag

I mean if you can afford more. If 15% is what you can afford that's fine.

Sorry i should have been more clear about that, i didn't mean to say everyone who tips that much is lovely.