Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

one of the best living authors alive todays. a hungarian, he has written baller stuff like Satantango and Seiobo below this is an author who has been consistently robbed by the Nobel price in literature committee for over a decade. Post all your favourite Laszlo Krasznahorkai quotes here1

1 just kidding, his sentences usually runs for about fifty pages so you’d need ten posts to cover it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

My partner grabbed me an ARC of Baron Wenckheim’s Homecoming once and I had no idea what I was getting into. Still never finished it, but I did go back and read Satantango and loved it. Trying to work up the motivation soon to start Seibo and then maybe take another crack at the Baron someday now that I know his Whole Deal.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

i'm going to try baron wenckheim's homecoming during summer I think. i'm gonna have a summer of tomes.

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
Seiobo Below is amazing. Laszlo Krasznahorkai owns. The 8 hour film version of Satantango also owns if you can embrace the ridiculous runtime

s_c_a_r_e_
May 9, 2003

i am late to this thread, but all of his books are great. all of the movies i have seen so far derived from the books are great as well. Wolfgang Hilbig is another author that i think may be interesting to people who like Krasznahorkai's books.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

great tip i'll be on the lookout

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

war and war is epic..

s_c_a_r_e_
May 9, 2003

A human heart posted:

war and war is epic..

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Hey, my library only has Barron Wenkheim, and it says it’s the fourth and final book in a series. Am I doing myself a huge disservice if I don’t track down the other three first? Are they stand alone at all? I’m broke, rarely leave the house and am kinda reliant on Libby at the moment, but this sounds interesting and I liked the sample I read

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

krasznahorny

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Hey, my library only has Barron Wenkheim, and it says it’s the fourth and final book in a series. Am I doing myself a huge disservice if I don’t track down the other three first? Are they stand alone at all? I’m broke, rarely leave the house and am kinda reliant on Libby at the moment, but this sounds interesting and I liked the sample I read

they're only a series insofar as there's some loosely connected themes of smaller, fictional towns all based on gyula. other than that they're standalone stories. I haven't read BW yet, but I think I would recommend maybe reading satantango or something first, since BW is by far his longest novel. gives you a quicker way to get a feel for if you like his style or not. other than that, just give it a go if you feel like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

ulvir posted:

i'm going to try baron wenckheim's homecoming during summer I think. i'm gonna have a summer of tomes.

forgot to do this for summer of tomes, but just bought it and put it in my satchel. it’s on :dukedog: