Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I was thinking if I were Blondie I wouldn't be too thrilled to take on the last name Bumstead but according to wikipedia her maiden name is Boopadoop https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blondie_(comic_strip)#Cast_of_characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
People in the 30s had real dumbass names

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Nooner posted:

Also every other decade including the incipient ones.

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
The Great Outdoor Fight was the best one, no doubt

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Dagwood reproduces by binary fission, that's why his son looks literally exactly like him.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost
What was up with his antenna looking hair? Was he an insect or something lol

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

lil poopendorfer posted:

You missed the one where he woke up and was turned into a cockroach? It was a hoot

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
In a rarely published strip from July of 2009, Dagwood finally had enough of Herb not returning his tools and used a power drill to remove both of his neighbor’s eyes.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dagwood was sexually aggressive towards me

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

lil poopendorfer posted:

He's an alien in disguise, what kind of human do you know that unhinges their jaw in order to eat sandwiches bigger than their head?

He married a woman from a family of wealth and influence in order to work on infiltrating human society

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Dagwood and Blondie have never consummated their marriage. Their two children are the result of a depraved ritual of Dagwood’s sinister cult that denies sexual pleasure to its members.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the phrase a 'morning dagwood' means exactly what you think it does

Stonehouse Beach
Feb 8, 2019

Devils Affricate posted:

I was thinking if I were Blondie I wouldn't be too thrilled to take on the last name Bumstead but according to wikipedia her maiden name is Boopadoop https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blondie_(comic_strip)#Cast_of_characters

So she gave her boob-Boopadoop away

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Mozi posted:

the phrase a 'morning dagwood' means exactly what you think it does

It’s when I go to Dennys and eat three Moons Over My-Hammy stacked one over another.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Actual canon, Dagwood has an rear end shaped head. There was a strip where he went to the barber's and revealed that Dagwood's haircut is his head shape. The barber comments on how stupid his head looks and Dagwood goes home shaken.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
The strips are in last year's newspaper comics thread, if you really want to read them, OP. Actual canon is that Blondie was a flapper, and Dagwood's rich parents kept trying to break them up. For some reason after one of their breakups, Blondie hangs around with the Bumstead parents and Mr. Bumstead talks to her like she's his wayward daughter who needs a job and to be less frivolous. (Mr. Bumstead prefers to hit on other young women and sometimes be romantic with his wife. I guess he respects that Blondie was his son's ex and didn't violate Bro Code)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
A true Dagwood sandwich must include human flesh, medium rare.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Dixville posted:

For some reason i mixed up Dagwood with Doonesbury and i have to say I am quite disappointed

I was thinking of Andy Capp my self

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bum the Sad posted:

I was thinking of Andy Capp my self

No worries. I confuse Andy Capp with Beatle Baily

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

no poo poo. loving lol
I'm selling these fine leather jackets

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?
the type, number, and order of igredients in Dagwoods sandwhich acted as a one time pad for chic young to transmit messages to his supporters

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
Dagwood and Hi wifeswap Blondie and Lois. They are on onlyfans. Username is FunnyPapers or something.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dagwood grabbed my genitals without consent

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Smugworth posted:

That was Crankshaft

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Szyznyk posted:

That was Crankshaft

holy poo poo. what the gently caress?
What happened to the Crankshaft comic?
Rape: Crankshaft became the subject of some degree of controversy when some readers and editors thought the strip trivialized rape by saying that only young, attractive women need to fear sexual assault, implying that rape was in some sense a compliment. It was pulled from publication in at least one paper.

Dredge
Mar 18, 2009
Dagwood's boss (Mr. Dithers) physically assaults him, on company time, at least once per week. Dagwood is currently in litigation for a multi-million dollar lawsuit (Bumstead v. J.C.Dithers Construction). The construction company has had to lay off at least 40% of its less that 5 year workforce, as well as halting all construction on the local community center.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

how could someone that looks like dagwood get away with multiple murders you might ask

because there's NO WAY a guy that looks like dagwood could do multiple murders, right? making it the perfect cover for a deeply tortured man (because of the shape of his head) to violently murder numerous door-to-door salesmen who received his ire for their terrible timing and aggressive tactics, then use the equipment at the construction company he works at to take care of the bodies

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Apr 3, 2023

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
wasn't there a Blondie and Dagwood cartoon? maybe it was just a pilot? i vaguely recall the opening theme song with the words "blondie" and "dagwood" repeated over and over

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Devils Affricate posted:

Wait... Is she related to Betty Boop? Like maybe Betty changed her name (or vice versa.)

If that's the case, then... Well, Betty Boop supposed to be, sort of, you know, what they refer to an now in anime as a 'dog girl'

Okay, maybe that dog of theirs isn't their dog. It's their child. Daisy just hasn't evolved into anthropomorphic form yet until she gets enough XP points.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

thin blue whine posted:

wasn't there a Blondie and Dagwood cartoon? maybe it was just a pilot? i vaguely recall the opening theme song with the words "blondie" and "dagwood" repeated over and over

A few TV specials from the late 80s/early 90s, from what I recall. Also, some shorts for a cartoon TV special circa early 80s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnZodlc0UyE

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Smugworth posted:

I'm intrigued, yet apprehensive about your sandwich like genitals.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Dagwood likes to show up to every high school reunion and rub his hot wife in everyone's face.

LIterally.

It's literally kind of gross, but all parties involved seem to be into it.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Nooner posted:

Dagwood was just the archaic form of dickwad

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

JediTalentAgent posted:

A few TV specials from the late 80s/early 90s, from what I recall. Also, some shorts for a cartoon TV special circa early 80s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnZodlc0UyE

Also a film series in the 30's and 40's

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Smugworth posted:

Hey, if you're goona stick your dick in a bun...

How 's the campaigning going, btw?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Dagwood's Daughter, Cookie Bumstead, had a crush on a boy named Elmo when she was like 8. She aged up into a teen, but Elmo remained a little kid. Now Dagwood spends more time hanging out with Elmo than his own children, for some reason.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Dagwood’s penis has the same haircut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

In Australia corndogs are called dagwood dogs