Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Valko posted:

Can I use this thread to talk about teachers who were really stupid? Not ones that I disliked or were bad teachers, just the ones that you would be better forgetting the lessons they taught?

One of my primary school teachers was a charming and funny man, except when it came to religeon. He was a devout catholic. Our local chapel was one of those modern art disasters, a grey oval building with a moat and a flat roof. The roof leaked constantly. I know some people who had fallen into the moat and hurt themselves, one of them was my mother. My teacher once said in class that the architect should be put on trial and hanged. I don't think he was joking.

He lived with his parents and some of his siblings and they were even more crazy. Forget about tattoos, piercings and hair dye - those people would flip out at the sight of a man who wasn't clean shaved. And I guarantee there was a picture of a long haired, bearded guy in every room of their house (Jesus).

It was a real shame about that guys brother. He was a closeted gay man and not religeous at all. He spent his life alone, never finding love and drank himself into human wreckage feeling shame that he shouldn't.

I always thought this was funny. Bet Jesus didn't wear a suit and tie either.

Reminds me of a guy at my school, never had this guy as a teacher myself. He was:

1. Devoutly Catholic.

2. Openly gay.

3. Had huge, obvious problems with women in any sort of position of power. Possibly women in general.

#3 fully came out when he loudly ragequit mid-semester when a female teacher who had worked there much longer got some (tiny, fluff) promotion ahead of him.

Thinking about it he wasn't all that hypocritical, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU