Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
wife made me see Renfield - awful
wife made me see Evil Dead Rises - awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Boston strangler - terrible

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scream 6 - ok

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Hackers (1995) - really bad but at least it's funny-bad

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Saw interstellar with a girl and it was insulting at best. But it does have that epic meme scene. 9/10

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Last movie the gf convinced me to watch was The Little Things which was godawful but she hated it too. I stg Jared Leto is the worst actor that people think is good for some reason

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Stranger Things - it's ok but the fourth season story beats were pretty dumb IMO
British Bakeoff - good
Queer Eye - simple good vibes

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Last movie the gf convinced me to watch was The Little Things which was godawful but she hated it too. I stg Jared Leto is the worst actor that people think is good for some reason

jared leto is the worst actor on earth and every time he's in anything it makes it worse

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

wife made me see Renfield - awful
wife made me see Evil Dead Rises - awful

the trailer for evil dead rises looked awesome but ive heard the movie is trash

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fargield posted:

the trailer for evil dead rises looked awesome but ive heard the movie is trash

It’s so loving bad. I much prefer the other remake from a decade ago

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

It’s so loving bad. I much prefer the other remake from a decade ago

The upside is that a theater nearby played evil dead 1 on 35mm in anticipation for this new one

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fargield posted:

The upside is that a theater nearby played evil dead 1 on 35mm in anticipation for this new one

oh dip

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fargield posted:

gently caress that would have been awesome to see.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bummer to hear about Evil Dead Rises, I was beyond skeptical when it was announced especially since I didn’t like the 2013 one until like the last 10 minutes when it starts raining blood, but the trailer looked cool enough to get my hopes up

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
It’s like oh we need a chainsaw oh look they say dead by dawn oh it’s this remember this? It’s loving soulless. Some of the effects look okay but I was bored the entire time and I didn’t care about anyone and wished they all died and also the opening and closing are loving stupid.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Imagine the Army of Darkness reboot

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
opposite of this happened when after making her watch the green knight with me she told me that "you're not making me watch that lamb movie" lol

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I've made my wife watch

MST3K
Simpsons
Hunter X Hunter
Mob Psycho
Cowboy Bebop

and I'm batting a thousand

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Wife is taking me to Dungeons and Dragons this weekend. Any good? Some of my friends liked it but the trailers make it look like quippy Marvel "so THAT just happened!!!" junk

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

last girl I was seeing got me to watch The Deer Hunter and it ruled

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Nostradingus posted:

Wife is taking me to Dungeons and Dragons this weekend. Any good? Some of my friends liked it but the trailers make it look like quippy Marvel "so THAT just happened!!!" junk

The trailer made me want to kill myself but I enjoyed the movie. It’s silly but enjoyable. Good practical effects.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The trailer made me want to kill myself but I enjoyed the movie. It’s silly but enjoyable. Good practical effects.

Yeah I was surprised because it got the worst trailers I've ever seen but it's a solid 7.5

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
the night house - an ok horror movie
don't worry darling - pretty but dumb. barbie the movie will be a better version of this i bet.
perfect blue - rad
trigun stampede - trash

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Nostradingus posted:

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1642346485072429057?t=ezsTh8KX63uZnySPPa5Ngw&s=19

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

suckerpunch. movie loving sucked

dungeons & dragons wound up being surprisingly fun. solid 3/5 movie

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

Guess I'll watch this now

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
Hideo Kojima made me see this megathread

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Saw D&D last night. Thanks for the perspective, blockbuster imps (blimps?) I thought it was pretty good, nothing amazing but enjoyable in the moment. Hugh Grant was great.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Plutonis posted:

Imagine the Army of Darkness reboot

no thanks.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

gf suggested we watch Fargo tonight because neither of us had seen it yet, but love other coen bros films (Lebowski ftmfw of course). absolute banger 10/10. moving onto the TV series tomorrow.

i'll think of a lovely one in the spirit of the OP

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

ah, i had to go see all the hunger games movies in imax and i think we saw one of them twice. sorry hunger games fans but those movies loving sucked rear end

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

tmfc posted:

gf suggested we watch Fargo tonight because neither of us had seen it yet, but love other coen bros films (Lebowski ftmfw of course). absolute banger 10/10. moving onto the TV series tomorrow.

i'll think of a lovely one in the spirit of the OP

The TV series is incredibly good. At least the first three seasons, I haven’t seen 4 yet. Seasons 1 and 3 are maybe some of the best television in existence, 2 I don’t think quite lives up to it but is still good on its own terms.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
billy bob thornton as hitman mephistopheles is top TV

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fargo (movie + tv) are incredible, just jaw-dropping good

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Fungah! posted:

fargo (movie + tv) are incredible, just jaw-dropping good

:hai:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i put season 1 of fargo up against any tv show. one of the strongest stand alone seasons of tv ever produced.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

the second season is as good as the first, and has a badass shootout/action sequence toward the end as well

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Wife suggested Moonlight based on the 99 metacritic score and the fact it won an Oscar. Its about a guy getting jacked off, nothing happens and then the movie ends.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Buck Turgidson posted:

Wife suggested Moonlight based on the 99 metacritic score and the fact it won an Oscar. Its about a guy getting jacked off, nothing happens and then the movie ends.

*adds to watchlist*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Punished Chuck posted:

*adds to watchlist*