Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Bucs drafted a sure fire hall of famer who has been compared to Aaron Donald and John Randle.

He's gonna bust hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I didn't think it was possible but Washington did something kinda cool.

https://twitter.com/Commanders/status/1651934539432833024?s=20

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If someone posted the actual 1st round as a mock draft, they would have gotten flamed so hard

Lol

@oldtakesexposed

Slowpoke! posted:

I don’t think this draft is any more unpredictable than most drafts. It’s just more intriguing because there are 4 potential top 10 QBs.

But you could probably find a bunch of mocks that get it 80% right, aside from maybe some surprise trades.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

... is Anton Harrison any good? I think I read he's young and raw but has all the physical tools? Hopefully Dougie P and his staff can coach him up to protect TLaw a good long while.

Seem pretty accurate. I was kind of hoping/expecting the Bucs to have taken him at 19.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
@Doltos did you do Kancey? Doesn't seem like a traditional 34 piece.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

Had him 18th

18 Calijah Kancey Edge/DL Pittsburgh Pure pass rusher that was most often 1 or 3 tech but can also line up outside. Swim move and spin has shades of Dwight Freeney. Quick first step and burst has produced a lot of counting stats while also regularly disrupting pockets. Shorter but leverage and active arms gives him advantages against much larger guards. Looks to just stand up and fight OL in the run game. Doesn't have the strength or technique to disengage into the gap. Gets obliterated by double teams. Has a weird jump move while rushing longer OL that looks like wasted movement. Tiny, might have more of a build for the outside or in sub packages. Not unwilling to fight though, definitely gives it his all against stronger opponents and isn't completely washed out in the run game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sWaNmURBCw

He might be able to play the weak side in the 3-4 but I dunno. I figure you'd want taller guys there since they usually have to cover the 3 and 5 in run schemes. Bowles has always been a traditional one gap attacking coach for the 3-4 which could get Kancey help so he just has to focus on beating the guy in front of him. Maybe like a heavy 3-4 front where the two point guy is practically a DE anyway.

Thanks. A Bucs beat writer seems to have similar thoughts.

quote:

With the drafting of Calijah Kancey, I think Logan Hall, last year's top pick, replaces Will Gholston as a 4i DE in Todd Bowles' 3-4 base scheme. Hall, who was once thought of as a 3-tech DT, is built like Gholston at 6-foot-6, 285 pounds. If Hall can get up to 300 this offseason, which is doable, he'll be an upgrade as a pass rusher over Gholston.

Remember, Gholston had a career-high 4.5 sacks in 2021, but none last year. He’s never been anything more than an average pass rusher at best. Gholston's role on this team has always been stopping the run. That's where he brought value. If Hall can learn to stop the run as well as Gholston, his upside as a pass rusher there brings even more value.

Last year, Akiem Hicks played a lot of A gap/nose while Vita Vea actually played more B gap/3-tech. That's a big reason why Vea led the team in sacks with 6.5 - he saw more 1-on-1s with guards than he ever has before. But Vea is not a natural pass rusher with an arsenal of moves. So he'll go back to nose/A-gap this year where he was a Pro Bowler in 2021 with four sacks. Hicks only had one sack last year, which was disappointing, and that actually came as an edge rusher running a stunt vs. Atlanta in Week 18.

Kancey will get plugged in as a B-gap/3-tech, replacing Vea, and his quickness and natural pass rush ability should allow him to produce more sacks and pressures in time than Vea ever could.

So instead of getting 0-1-6.5 sacks last year from Gholston, Hicks and Vea, the Bucs could theoretically and realistically get 5-5-5 sacks from Hall, Vea and Kancey and double their sack production along the interior

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1652139932184641542?t=9fbe7HlEbAt2gxHTDWKwpA&s=19

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Mauch is giving us some great content.

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1652296687384133636?t=MFaRqPA-iprHjmep_O9ylA&s=19

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I think Bryce Young should lose 40 pounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Diva Cupcake posted:

The draft graders and this forum hated DK and thought CEH to the Chiefs was unstoppable. Maybe not as much CEH but he got massive hype because of the Chiefs.

I was one that was wrong about CEH, I thought he'd be great in the Chiefs offense.