Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

EconDad posted:

I'm waiting for my SA Dynasty league peeps to see this trade and remember I've had Kamara since 2021 startup and send me all they have. Guys! Guys?!

Package him with Zack Moss and we've got a deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I'm definitely coming around to "dynasty startup drafts should be auctions"

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

"...I inherited this team, I orphaned it up, I don't even know what I'm doing in this league, it's awful... Jakob Sanderson, Akash, a few people. Rynos is in there, his team is awful, Rynos is... it's the worst team that he's ever managed ever, it's awful, he's the worst team in the league. But I'm in this league and my team's not that good, I don't know, I think it was Jeff Krisko, I'll have to shout him out, yeah, you left the league like a little pansy. I found out it was you, loser!"

- Jax Falcone

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Yeah, he's pretty much always just messing around

E: wife doing okay?

The Wild Man of YOLO fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 29, 2023

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I didn't follow football at all until my goon-derived WoW guild needed one more person to fill out their 20-team league back in... 2006? I starred hanging around the SA sports boards to learn the game and the players and have been a degenerate ever since.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

Oh gosh, look at this
https://footballabsurdity.com/draft-sheet-form/

I love you.

Also, the preseason is upon us! Go Football!!

Thanks for this!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Yeah, I'd go Amon-Ra there

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I'd go 2, take whichever of CMC or JJ is available

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Floofy posted:

I can take one of Hyatt, Tank Dell, Josh Downs, or Luke musgrave in the third round of our 16 team dynasty rookie/fa draft. I’m guessing Hyatt is top pick there, Who would the alternative pick if Hyatt gets taken?

I also picked Richardson in round 1 and have Alec Pierce on my roster, so I’d rather not take downs

If you don't want Downs I'd go Musgrave, especially if it's TEP

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Docjowles posted:

It’s definitely the worst when you’re like “hell yeah I would love any of these 3-4 guys with my next pick, sittin pretty”. Then they ALL go consecutively and you have 90 seconds to figure out plan Z.

I like to think that this is what happened to the Giants this year when the four first-round WRs went off the board all in a row right before their pick

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

My home redraft league had its

Cat Hassler posted:

live bar league draft (at the bar so it was a drunken shitshow)
last night. Here's what I ended up with. Drafting 1.08, 13-team league, 0.5 PPR

QB: Justin Fields
RB: Josh Jacobs
RB: Rhamondre Stevenson
WR: Cooper Kupp
WR: Tyler Lockett
TE: Tyler Higbee
FLEX: Breece Hall
FLEX: Mike Evans
D/ST: Washington (ARI matchup week 1)
K: Riley Patterson

BENCH
RB: Raheem Mostert
RB: Tank Bigsby
WR: Skyy Moore
WR: Marvin Mims
WR: Zay Flowers
TE: Sam LaPorta

I would really like this team but TEs kept getting drafted way earlier than ADP and I ended up punting the position pretty hard. My primary target was going to be Darren Waller at 5.08 but he went at... 4.02?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

pmchem posted:

I’ll bite. How are you doing weekly h2h matchups in a 13 team league? Byes?

One team has a "bye" each week where they play against a dummy team (since Sleeper only does even numbers of teams). Record-wise, the bye will count as a tie. 14 weeks in the regular season means one team will get two byes but what can you do? This is the first year we've done 13, arrived at it accidentally when one long-time member bowed out and two previous members wanted back in.

This is the dummy team. Open to comedy options re: the roster, I mostly just picked randos

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

EconDad posted:

I mean… yeah I’m offended you don’t have Kalen Ballage on that team.

My bad, that's an egregious oversight

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

pmchem posted:

don't like the bit where one team gets two byes (it's just asking for potential drama if that ends up mattering). I'd adjust your regular season duration, maybe have that week be an extended playoff wildcard round. otherwise fun!

Really trying to avoid having playoff games during weeks in which the NFL is having byes (week 14). I don't think there's a clean, perfect solution, and it's probably only for this year anyway

Docjowles posted:

lol 3% rostered Brady seems really high what is going on there

I like the idea of an all "these guys are officially retired why the poo poo do they exist in the player pool" team. Some options
Alex Smith
Drew Brees
Big Ben
Antonio Brown
Larry Fitzgerald
Gronk
Frank Gore
James White
Emmanuel Sanders
Jay Ajayi
James White
Jack Doyle
Bilal Powell
Julian Edelman
LeSean McCoy
Ted Ginn

You could do this all day I guess they REALLY don't want to miss a guy who might come back

Thanks, will definitely be incorporating some of these guys

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Is that on Sleeper?

Yep

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

While I'm here, rate my Goon Beer League draft draught.

Same!

QB: Justin Herbert ($13)
RB: Josh Jacobs ($45)
RB: Jerick McKinnon ($2)
WR: Justin Jefferson ($60)
WR: Jaylen Waddle ($37)
TE: Darren Waller ($12)
FLEX: Jahan Dotson ($8)
D/ST: Jets ($1) (since dropped for Deon Jackson)
K: Jake Elliott $(1)

BENCH
RB: Zach Charbonnet ($4)
RB: Tank Bigsby ($3)
RB: De'Von Achane ($3)
RB: Kenneth Gainwell ($2)
RB: Jaylen Warren ($1)
WR: Zay Flowers ($4)
WR: Jordan Addison ($4)

Am hoping these bench RBs can become solid contributors here and there since everything feels pretty solid outside of my RB2 spot

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Isn’t one of the 4for4 people allegedly actually good and consistent year to year?

John Paulsen, I think

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

The Jags play the AFC South and NFC South

Also their first two games are against rookie QBs

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

axelord posted:

Is Achane even going to split with Mostert if he's healthy? Isn't he a small dude?

I thought Wilson got a lot of goal line work.

Wilson is on IR and "could return later this year"

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

We have an odd number of teams in our league. One person each week gets a bye which, record-wise, counts as a tie. The guy with the highest score this week was the guy with the bye. The guy with the bye for the tie.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

We have an odd number of teams in our league. One person each week gets a bye which, record-wise, counts as a tie. The guy with the highest score this week was the guy with the bye. The guy with the bye for the tie.

lol, Sleeper gave the week 1 crown to the dummy bot team this guy was facing (manually adjusted to have an identical score) instead of the guy himself

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Bid 40% for a Puka I needed to replace Kupp. Somebody who didn't even need a WR bid 51%.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

Does sleeper even show the other bids, I can't figure it out.

Click on the dollar amount the player went for, where it says how many bids there were on the player

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Who drop in 0.5 ppr to pick up Hunter Henry?

Kyle Pitts TE
R Bateman WR
T Boyd WR
D Achane RB

I think Boyd. Achane hasn’t done anything plus I have J Wilson, but Achane seems like the kind of rookie RB talent that could explode later in the season. Likely won’t happen but is a big lottery ticket.

Yeah, it's Boyd

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

EconDad posted:

It’s Richardson szn for you.

Richardszn

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I'm in a 12-team best ball dynasty league with a superflex spot. When I picked up Joshua Dobbs off waivers this week, I was the only person to bid on him. There are seven or eight teams in this league who have exactly two QBs with starting jobs.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Sweated it out with my Seattle pick in Eliminator but got there in the end

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

tarbrush posted:

I have no questions I just want to show off the best week I've ever had in fantasy

I didn't even have a bad week, ending with the fourth-highest score at just over 123.

Going to be staring into the middle distance a lot today.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Docjowles posted:

You answered your own question. The whole point of a handcuff is that they will come in and perform if the starter goes down. Well, Jones went down and Dillon didn't do poo poo.

This is why I jettisoned Joshua Kelley this week

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Anti-Hero posted:

We talking the same player on the Lions who missed all of last year w/ACL injury and just got reinstated 2 weeks early from a gambling suspension?

All of last year other than those six games where he had one catch on nine targets

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Tom Tucker posted:

Are there leagues that award points for first downs? I feel like replacing .5 ppr with .5 points per first down would be cool.

I did this in my home league one year. Forgot to exclude passing from it, though, so QB scoring ended up inflated for the year. Worked pretty well for the other positions, though

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

He don't make the law, he Justin Forsett

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Pollard can eat poo poo. What is it with this long tradition of Cowboys RBs turning to dust once they're anointed the #1?

In case anyone is curious how my suicide run is going:

https://twitter.com/JamesDKoh/status/1723881554068586762?t=x--PrRK-f50f6P4eWYw3Tg&s=19

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

It's a big overpay as it stands. If your picks are definitely going to be late in the round and this is all that stands between you and a championship then I wouldn't balk at a 1st and 2nd for Hock. Especially if it's single-QB, where picks are worth a little less. Wilson is easily the most valuable piece in that deal, though, and is worth more than the other team's side by himself.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Losing JJ basically cost me my season, thankfully he will be back just as I am knocked out of contention from the playoffs :smith:

Maybe I’ll be able to drag someone out with me

This, but JJ + Achane at the same time :smith::hf::smith:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Game-Blouses posted:

The problem that comes next is how do you decide which new manager gets which team? So, the “additional bidding” is a thought to allow them to go after the team they want, while adding back to the total $ pot
I would ask them which teams they each want. If it turns out they each want a different team, that solves the problem right there. If they want the same team, I'd probably go the dispersal draft route.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I nicknamed Flacco "Elite" after he made my lineup in my best ball league

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Should not have swapped godert in for Njoku

Picked up and played Njoku after Taysom was ruled out :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I’m starting Flowers in place of Jacobs, and keeping Waddle on my bench. Looking forward to Waddle popping off because Tyreek is dead this week.

I'm conflicted because I sat Waddle the last time he played NYJ and that turned out to be a mistake