Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

If they follow this up with 311 I'm going to strangle myself to escape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What color is your energy, my goon sir

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

What color is your energy, my goon sir

Black like my heart!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 15:37 on May 12, 2023

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

gently caress ruined my ninja edit

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the only people who can handle sublime are 14-19 year olds, and after that it just becomes completely intolerable

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

gently caress ruined my ninja edit

I have your back, friend!

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Are you saying that you don't practice Santeria, and you ain't got no crystal ball?

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Escape From Noise posted:

If they follow this up with 311 I'm going to strangle myself to escape.

Did they play their song where the singer talks about staring at a 14 year olds boobs?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

the only people who can handle sublime are 14-19 year olds, and after that it just becomes completely intolerable

One time I let the guy helping in the brewery I was at choose the music because I was probably gonna put something unlistenable on like Spazz or something but he was a huge Sublime fan. I just delt with it. Unfortunately, the bottling machine decided it hated me that day and I eventually had to ask him to put on anything other than Sublime. I felt like a dick but I was gonna lose my loving mind if I had to listen to another song of theirs while trying to put out that fire.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Did they play their song where the singer talks about staring at a 14 year olds boobs?

Fortunately, it eventually moved to Gorillaz so I can deal.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

It's ok dude I'm at the same bar and I just spent 5 dollars in the touchtunes playing my favorite third eye blind tracks

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

free hubcaps posted:

It's ok dude I'm at the same bar and I just spent 5 dollars in the touchtunes playing my favorite third eye blind tracks

That's at least a step up. Admittedly I always try to put on something borderline unlistenable like early Butthole Surfers on those things because it cracks me up.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

One time I let the guy helping in the brewery I was at choose the music because I was probably gonna put something unlistenable on like Spazz or something but he was a huge Sublime fan. I just delt with it. Unfortunately, the bottling machine decided it hated me that day and I eventually had to ask him to put on anything other than Sublime. I felt like a dick but I was gonna lose my loving mind if I had to listen to another song of theirs while trying to put out that fire.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
My first concert was 311, something I'm awfully embarrassed about now. In my defense I was a stupid teen at the time.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Ultra Carp
Somebody once told me
That the world was gonna roll me
I aint the sharpest tool in the sheeeeed

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

My first concert was 311, something I'm awfully embarrassed about now. In my defense I was a stupid teen at the time.

I mean, I owned a couple Sublime CDs in high school. I lived in New Mexico so there weren't many shows. I did really want to see Tool when they came through but I had finals or something. It's gonna happen at that age.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I remember they had these jukeboxes that would just have the wildest assortment of songs on them and you could purchase them online to play in the bar without having to go to the jukebox so we lined up "I hosed A Sasquatch" to play 14 times. They unplugged the jukebox after about round five of it when people were starting to join in.

https://youtu.be/mKOiVizdGzM

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

My first CD was Eve 6. I still have the entirety of Inside Out tattooed on my brain.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Beefed Owl posted:

I remember they had these jukeboxes that would just have the wildest assortment of songs on them and you could purchase them online to play in the bar without having to go to the jukebox so we lined up "I hosed A Sasquatch" to play 14 times. They unplugged the jukebox after about round five of it when people were starting to join in.

https://youtu.be/mKOiVizdGzM

I fully support this poo poo.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

A whole hour of two trucks having sex (a real song) imo

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

A whole hour of two trucks having sex (a real song) imo

This also sounds good. poo poo! I wish I'd known about Ram Ranch back then.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Caress Me Down is straight up one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

Mucho gusto me llamo Bradley
I'm hornier than Ron Jeremy
And if you wanna get popped in your knee
Just wipe that look off your bati face
You hate me 'cause I got what you need

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I DONT PRACTICE SANTANA

I JUST THROW UP ON THE WALL

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I listened a sublime song the other day when I opened my napster mp3 collection. :corsair:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

Caress Me Down is straight up one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

Mucho gusto me llamo Bradley
I'm hornier than Ron Jeremy
And if you wanna get popped in your knee
Just wipe that look off your bati face
You hate me 'cause I got what you need

It's one of their absolute worst. That bass line loving sucks.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

I don’t mind them, but some songs would probably be painful if I wasn’t in the mood. I grew up with my sibling listening to Sublime, and it reminds me of chill days out in the sun.

It’s funny listening to how graphic some of the lyrics are, when I was completely naive about it before.

Mainly it’s the honest and genuine presentation that allows me to be unbothered by it. It’s not annoying like Kid Rock or Limp Bizkit, which sound more insincere and manufactured.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I disagree in a sense, but I respect your opinion on garbage music.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im putting on Weezer next OP

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Sublime
Kid Rock

This is the official GBS thread for terrible music made by shirtless dirtball white guys with bad tattoos.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
sublime was def better when you are a teenager but they arent that bad you guys are being jerks

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

I disagree in a sense, but I respect your opinion on garbage music.

I also enjoy 311 time to time, but I don’t listen to them often. The Transistor album has some really ecstatic, ambient sounds and vocal harmonizations.

Which song is this?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Nooner posted:

sublime was def better when you are a teenager but they arent that bad you guys are being jerks

As much as I respect you nooner you are wrong and they are real fuckin bad. I'm sorry. I just can't change the facts.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Good Sphere posted:

I also enjoy 311 time to time, but I don’t listen to them often. The Transistor album has some really ecstatic, ambient sounds and vocal harmonizations.

Which song is this?

Wrong Way.

God. Shy do I remember this bullshit?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Ultra Carp
uuughhhhhhhh

that's the lovin sound!

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Wrong Way.

God. Shy do I remember this bullshit?

That song is by Sublime.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Good Sphere posted:

That song is by Sublime.

Yeah. I think that's what they were referring to.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

BRB. Gonna go cum original.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Yeah. I think that's what they were referring to.

They unanimously seemed to be referring to 311.

Anyway, about the Sublime song, “Wrong Way”, it seems to be a story about a girl who becomes a prostitute in order to make money for her abusive family, and a central character that questions their actions, rather than a personal experienced journaled in song form.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i like Saw Red they did that with Gwen Stefani and 54-46 is goods but that is just a Toots and the Maytals cover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Good Sphere posted:

They unanimously seemed to be referring to 311.

Anyway, about the Sublime song, “Wrong Way”, it seems to be a story about a girl who becomes a prostitute in order to make money for her abusive family, and a central character that questions their actions, rather than a personal experienced journaled in song form.

It was real and very much happened IRL.