Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Comfy rules. Anything involving effort does not. Pretty much everybody is terrible at selling clothing. They should preshrink their fabrics, give me all the measurements, and tell me models height/weight/size. Oh and be consistent as to not screw me over by selling me a batch of shirts that are too tight/short whatever. Also stop with the drat athletic/slim cuts daggnabit I just want relaxed 100% (well besides the elastic) cotton sweatpants/t-shirts for fucks sake. I think I finally found a winner though, beating my previous stretchy synthetic pants. Shame about the elastic cuffs though but oh well.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
this isn't your facebook page grandma

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

this isn't your facebook page grandma

Do you want to hear about my shelf?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

its universally understood that the ideal Comfort Zone is gym shorts and (pullover) hoody

if sweatpants is your thing that’s okay but it isnt the superior choice

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

its universally understood that the ideal Comfort Zone is gym shorts and (pullover) hoody

if sweatpants is your thing that’s okay but it isnt the superior choice

You're a monster for buying a hoody without a zipper. You narrow the range of acceptable temperatures for wearing the hoody and you gain nothing in doing so.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 14, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Duck and Cover posted:

You're a monster for buying a hoody without a zipper. You narrow the range of acceptable temperatures for wearing the hoody and you gain nothing in doing so.

Probably the most based Duck and Cover post ever

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I love hoodies. S-tier garment, should just get rid of every other type of top imo.

Cargo shorts are the best bottom garment but aren’t practical in colder climes so comfy jeans are sometimes necessary but aren’t as good as cargo shorts.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

when the ladies see that i color coordinated my tennis socks and flip-flops (both adidas brand) they can't deny that i'm rizzed af

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I love hoodies. S-tier garment, should just get rid of every other type of top imo.

Who was the Goon good-poster who had the screed about leather jackets, and how a leather jacket and a t shirt will always be timeless fashion and moon people would be wearing them drinking their moon beers? Like that, except hoodies.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Cargo shorts are the best bottom garment but aren’t practical in colder climes so comfy jeans are sometimes necessary but aren’t as good as cargo shorts.

:haibrow: the bestest cargo shorts are the ones that have slim pockets on the side, like the Carhartt ones especially. I dont need to bring two MREs with me when I'm going on patrol in 'Nam, I need just enough extra pocket to bring some doggie poop bags when I step out.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Vampire Panties posted:

Who was the Goon good-poster who had the screed about leather jackets, and how a leather jacket and a t shirt will always be timeless fashion and moon people would be wearing them drinking their moon beers? Like that, except hoodies.

:haibrow: the bestest cargo shorts are the ones that have slim pockets on the side, like the Carhartt ones especially. I dont need to bring two MREs with me when I'm going on patrol in 'Nam, I need just enough extra pocket to bring some doggie poop bags when I step out.

Agreed. Just good functional pockets for small items. Quality zippers instead of velcro, natch.

forumsacct51423
May 14, 2023

by vyelkin
cop this: sweat-shorts

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

forumsacct51423 posted:

cop this: sweat-shorts

cutting sweatpants into shorts

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

RavenousScoot posted:

I do that before summer. Re-purpose the cheap tracksuit pants Ive been wearing all winter around the house.

Good for soaking up the ballsweat.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Air conditioning > sweat shorts.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Let your twat breathe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TROOtt-68F4

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

RavenousScoot posted:

This is my last resort

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
I still wear the pants they gave me in jail cut off as shorts because they are comfy, been well over 15 years

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

elmer chud posted:

I still wear the pants they gave me in jail cut off as shorts because they are comfy, been well over 15 years

Did you buy a hoody without a zipper?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Wearing it right niw op, but I’ll one up you: t shirt is a free one I got from my union! Go dads!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I thought the title was tgirl sweatpants i said OP what the hell oh my god no waaaaayayayay

elmer chud
May 18, 2018

Duck and Cover posted:

Did you buy a hoody without a zipper?

I have and I never wear it, you are exactly right

Zipper is a MUST

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

T-shirt roundup!

Lands End talls - fit fine until they decided not to. Cheap though, pretty much always on sale.
Reigning Champ - Large is too tight/short - x large too relaxed
Camber tall - large too tight, going to try extra large at some point but orders take forever
Everybody.world - fabric is noticeable less durable, less comfy
Asket - doesn't fit me as I recall I did like the fabric
J Crew - meh
Banana Republic - meh.
Standard Issue Tee - I think I like these I went with an xl in case it didn't fit I'd just use it as a night shirt. This has only been worn once though so is subject to change.
Mack Wheldon - I think I tried this once I'm too lazy to check and they didn't fit.
Lady White - I think these actually fit my shoulders but were too short if I'm remembering correctly.

2ndforumsacct51523
May 15, 2023

by vyelkin

Zeluth posted:

Let your twat breathe.

2ndforumsacct51523
May 15, 2023

by vyelkin

RavenousScoot posted:

psychotically hunting for anything to cover my genitals

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I thought the title was tgirl sweatpants i said OP what the hell oh my god no waaaaayayayay

What's wrong with trans girls in sweatpants? :colbert:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

2ndforumsacct51523 posted:

psychotically hunting for anything to cover my genitals
:hmmyes:
Making a lot of sense here 2ndforumsacct51523

naem
May 29, 2011

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

same.

I prefer zip up hoodies personally

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Zipper hoodies for going out and doing things, an oversized regular hoodie for laying on the couch in

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i don't understand black socksw with shower sandals

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Treecko posted:

Zipper hoodies for going out and doing things, an oversized regular hoodie for laying on the couch in

T-shirt. Aways t-shirt. 80 out? T-shirt. 5 out? T-shirt. Recliner? T-shirt. Bed? T-shirt. Hoodie is if it's cold enough for a hoodie but not warm enough for a jacket. As my hoodie is wool and pretty thick it can go pretty low before I need to switch to jacket.

syntaxfunction posted:

What's wrong with trans girls in sweatpants? :colbert:

Trans girls can wear whatever the gently caress they want.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Sweatpants round up.

Reigning champ : eh also expensive even on sale
Sunspel : Soft but if I go medium it's not as relaxed as I want if I go large it's a bit looser than I want. Also expensive managed to get a pair on sale for $80.
Outdoor Voice: cloudnit Not cotton, or relaxed but really stretchy.
Benetton : too short
North Face waffle: It's fine.
Standard Issue Tees: I like these, relaxed, pricey though. Warm. Fine if you aren't exercising, did some treadmill wearing it though and felt it was warmer than other stuff I've worn. Long though, maybe I should try a medium. They have no free returns and restock fees.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Duck and Cover posted:

T-shirt roundup!

Lands End talls - fit fine until they decided not to. Cheap though, pretty much always on sale.
Reigning Champ - Large is too tight/short - x large too relaxed
Camber tall - large too tight, going to try extra large at some point but orders take forever
Everybody.world - fabric is noticeable less durable, less comfy
Asket - doesn't fit me as I recall I did like the fabric
J Crew - meh
Banana Republic - meh.
Standard Issue Tee - I think I like these I went with an xl in case it didn't fit I'd just use it as a night shirt. This has only been worn once though so is subject to change.
Mack Wheldon - I think I tried this once I'm too lazy to check and they didn't fit.
Lady White - I think these actually fit my shoulders but were too short if I'm remembering correctly.

Wohven makes the best fitting / quality t-shirts for the money IMO. Their designs are also tasteful and understated, but as an Old I don't wear printed t-shirts like that anymore
also Goodthreads, the Target brand AFAIK, makes a :discourse: v-neck undershirt. Pack of 4 is :10bux::10bux:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
$80 sweatpants would make a good username

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Sweatpants are pretty cool but flannel PJ pants are a equally comfy yet underrated piece of clothing

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
You think it's hard shopping for clothes, try being a woman. All the sizes are never consistent and if you have big boobs nothing fits them so you have to try on like 10 things at a time to find one thing that fits. It sucks op

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OLjFXf_uVM

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Oh and the girl version of this is yoga pants

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dixville posted:

You think it's hard shopping for clothes, try being a woman. All the sizes are never consistent and if you have big boobs nothing fits them so you have to try on like 10 things at a time to find one thing that fits. It sucks op

Men also get usable pockets.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Duck and Cover posted:

Men also get usable pockets.

drat you for reminding me of this. Although dresses with pockets are pretty awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

$80 sweatpants would make a good username

$80 is kind of my baseline for pants these days. Sucks but it turns out inflation is a thing and quality/labor costs money. It's just what I expect pants to cost. You can absolutely get cheaper and also comfy sweatpants. That $16 pair from Target https://www.target.com/p/hanes-men-s-ultimate-cotton-sweatpants---black-m--no-aasa/-/A-54653678 is probably fine. Well probably too warm since it's fleece.

satanic splash-back posted:

Sweatpants are pretty cool but flannel PJ pants are a equally comfy yet underrated piece of clothing

I use to use these for bed but two problems. At least with the Vermont Flannel ones 1. They can pill and lose softness if washed too quickly. 2. If you do wash them on a slower spin speed they are hard to dry with the waistband taking forever.