Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

This is going to die even faster the second time around lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

I said come in! posted:

Why did the game fail the first time? I always hear nothing but positive things.

Just never gained traction since there wasn't a huge market for what it offered, combined with slow updates, lovely borderline-P2W monetization, expensive ugly cosmetics, and long grinds

Hawken was a great core game and a terrible product, what they're turning it into looks like an asset flip cash grab

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

this is actually worse than i expected, and i only installed it to see how bad it could be

it legitimately feels like a fuckin mobile game lmao

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

the menus don't even work but you can already spend real money for revives and equipment

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

only the finest quality AI generated art for our game

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

the game feels broken to the core, like an actual mobile game half-assedly ported to PC

there is nothing positive i can think of to say about it, you can't even step on the mindless NPC soldiers the game throws at you, your mech just phases through them as it slides around

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

they removed the extra fingers but missed the stethoscope and ignored the backwards ipad

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

i fuckin loved hawken and this piece of poo poo is an insult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

you're engaging with someone who played through the terrible AI art 'campaign' currently available and thinks the game plays well compared to the original; it looks and feels like a mobile game, the movement and shooting are some of the worst i've ever seen in a PC game

they're either trolling or incredibly stupid