Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
borders are fascist they segregate people and keep them in a permanent state of exploitation and are maintained with violence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
i work in refugee integration and i'd like to say ama but i don't want to say which country i work in because based on my other posts it would be possible to piece together who i work for if someone really wanted to. but i can answer very general questions about refugee integration, and there are certain truths about this job that seem to be universal. for example integration projects generally do not have the resources to deal with the various psychological issues that refugees often develop, like ptsd, depression, gad, etc. we end up doing our best to work around these various maladies because we usually can't treat them, and when someone leaves the program with a job and an apartment we always just gotta hope that theyre gonna be ok.

another seemingly universal truth about this sector is that it is extremely unstable and our jobs and the lives of the people we are trying to help are closely tied to political outcomes at both the local and national level. if an election goes sideways we can lose everything. and this is one of the reasons that i dont judge anyone for voting for a centre left party, or hell even a goddamn democrat in the US

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

ScrubLeague posted:

My opinion is that countries and borders aren't real and immigration is the natural right of every human

documents and housing for all

freedom of movement and residence

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
i hate this world

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
gonna do what i can to make it better while understanding that in all likelihood the bad guys are gonna win

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
the scientist who got interviewed after the 6th climate assessment had that quote about how it would be impossible to stop a million people trying to cross a border. but with the magic of externalisation, the global north can just send hundreds of millions of dollars to corrupt governments and paramilitaries to torture, kidnap, rape and kill migrants before they even get within sight of the border. and all the wealthy nations can pretend like their hands are clean, safe in the knowledge that the only reporting on the subject will be some in-depth analysis once every couple of years that no one will read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
mfers are gonna do increasingly zany poo poo instead of creating a well funded and stable reception and integration system
https://twitter.com/tansuyegen/status/1682254109850607617?s=46&t=DX0vU4KqndHVjiEw26RVXA