Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I stopped counting at like 40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh, right, I still owe donations. Hang on.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

girl dick energy posted:

:toxx:

There Are Even Twelve Of Them
$2 for every run that gets all the tablets and, thus, all the Legendary Weapons. Screenshot of your inventory is fine for verification. Max number of runs I'll be accepting TBD, but I'm thinking $24. (Twelve of them!)

(Friendly reminder that you don't need to beat Leviathan, you can just leave after grabbing the tablet! :ssh:)
I know people got this one, it was maxed out by the end of June. But special shout-out to Doom Goon for actually taking two screenshots of the empty platforms.

girl dick energy posted:

Teetotaller
This is an advanced challenge, on the honor system, and not recommended for newer players.
$5 for each player to beat the game without ever using any of the following items in battle: Potions, Antidotes, Hi-Potions, Ethers, Elixirs, or Drinks. (You may still use Holy Water, that's sprinkled, not drunk.)
If you triple-crown, this is improved to $10. Maximum of $30 total.
blakelmenakle is the only post I found for this one. Congrats!

girl dick energy posted:

Job Scholarship Program
This offer is exclusively open for players who are either new-ish to the Fiesta, or returning players who've never successfully completed one.
Sometimes a newer player can get a party that's just a brick wall for them, and kill their momentum before they have the skills to overcome the challenge. Therefore, for those players who qualify*, I will match one Job Fair change donation, up to a maximum of $5. Whatever jobs, in whatever build, whatever format, whatever party. You put in for the change, confirm it, and I'll put in the same amount. Just quote this post in the thread. This will be open to the first five players who request it, first-come-first-serve.
Nobody grabbed this one.

Normally, I'd say "whoops my hand slipped, here's $50", but with the Trevor Project's union-busting still leaving a bad taste in my mouth, I think I'll obey the letter of the law this time.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Never got around to completing that second playthrough but I did finally complete a run, which feels good to have finally done. :)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

girl dick energy posted:

Normally, I'd say "whoops my hand slipped, here's $50", but with the Trevor Project's union-busting still leaving a bad taste in my mouth, I think I'll obey the letter of the law this time.
they did what

this is like how I get all my celebrity death news from the meme thread

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

girl dick energy posted:

I know people got this one, it was maxed out by the end of June. But special shout-out to Doom Goon for actually taking two screenshots of the empty platforms.
Every time this :toxx: is up I struggled through my inventory and spend like 30 minutes getting screenshots. Noticing I could just do this on the Pixel version was like my second favorite accomplishment this year lol.

Interesting about the union stuff, I'll have to message RK about it next time. News stories are fairly recent and there's a Twitter for the proposed union posting regularly.

But on the more fun side:

Here's an official survey with some interesting questions! Anybody do Onion jobs wanna chime in?
https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1697581569215512788

And the September challenge is Backlog again! Last year I did some spooky game to ease into Halloween season and I think I'll do it again! Or, you know, finish your run, that's really what it's here for (btw, Mystic Quest almost won I think).
https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1698177793010634834

Overall, I had great fun this year especially since I was getting over some things and only fit in a couple runs. Sure I wasn't really the first to do the Blue Mage thing apparently but it was still a long-time goal of mine. I've mentioned it before but this year especially I've been doing some programming stuff and I'd like to do a tiny little FFV project eventually (nothing big, but should be fun to figure out!).

How'd everyone else feel about this year? Lotta changes!

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

September Backlog challenge done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6gdS88W06U

Modoh
Jul 23, 2007
I've been going through the FF5 (SFC) battle code for a personal project and came across something I found interesting, if not exactly useful. This is the only place I can think of where people are familiar enough with FF5 mechanics to care, so hopefully you do too!

Some quick background: Monsters in FF5 can be set so that they "Can't Evade" certain types of attacks. This is why the Love Song/Romeo's ballad always works on Omega despite its 90% magic evade.

In the code that finalizes damage for attacks, there's a section that tries to check if the attack matches the target's "Can't Evade" property and doubles M, effectively doubling damage. This doesn't actually work in the vast majority of cases though, which is why you've probably never heard of it doing that (at least, I hadn't).

There's not actually a ton of monsters that have any "Can't Evade" types set, so it not working isn't a huge effect, but if it worked right:

quote:

The big one is that all birds (including bosses) should take double damage from Aerial attacks like Bows, similar to FF4
Various things should take double damage from harps and songs, including the "Unknowns" that already get wrecked by Requiem
Crew Dust 2x from Blue magic
Blood Slime 2x from everything except Physical

It should actually work right in a few rare cases though! This is because these attacks use a different final damage calculation routine. These should actually work, though I haven't gotten around to testing yet:

quote:

ManiWizard should take double Physical damage but only from Magic Sword capable weapons
UndeadRusk should take double damage from White magic healing spells

So, not exactly useful info.

Another unrelated quirk is that the routine that sets Stop checks if the target is Confused first, and fails if so. Judging from the code structure and the fact that Confuse is the same status bit in a different byte, I think they intended for Stop to miss if the target is already Stopped. This would certainly make Omega a lot harder!

On the Fiesta itself, I still haven't finished my 2nd run this year. It's not looking like I'll get around to it by the end of September either, but at least I've been working on some of my other backlogged games.

Internet Savant
Feb 14, 2008
20% Off Coupon for 15 dollars per month - sign me up!

Modoh posted:

I've been going through the FF5 (SFC) battle code for a personal project and came across something I found interesting, if not exactly useful. This is the only place I can think of where people are familiar enough with FF5 mechanics to care, so hopefully you do too!

Some quick background: Monsters in FF5 can be set so that they "Can't Evade" certain types of attacks. This is why the Love Song/Romeo's ballad always works on Omega despite its 90% magic evade.

In the code that finalizes damage for attacks, there's a section that tries to check if the attack matches the target's "Can't Evade" property and doubles M, effectively doubling damage. This doesn't actually work in the vast majority of cases though, which is why you've probably never heard of it doing that (at least, I hadn't).

There's not actually a ton of monsters that have any "Can't Evade" types set, so it not working isn't a huge effect, but if it worked right:

It should actually work right in a few rare cases though! This is because theqse attacks use a different final damage calculation routine. These should actually work, though I haven't gotten around to testing yet:

So, not exactly useful info.

Another unrelated quirk is that the routine that sets Stop checks if the target is Confused first, and fails if so. Judging from the code structure and the fact that Confuse is the same status bit in a different byte, I think they intended for Stop to miss if the target is already Stopped. This would certainly make Omega a lot harder!

On the Fiesta itself, I still haven't finished my 2nd run this year. It's not looking like I'll get around to it by the end of September either, but at least I've been working on some of my other backlogged games.

This may or may not be new, but I found out this set of runs that using soft on a confused stone monster does not result in "darkness/death" of the monster.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Not surprising. Death via gold needle is technically the monster "countering" the item, so anything that disables React: scripts is going to get in the way of that.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Modoh posted:

Share anything else you find! What's the project? I've dug into a lot of the battle code too

Modoh
Jul 23, 2007
I started by making this hack. It has spellblade with katanas/spears/axes/rune weapons, fixes agility scaling and power drinks, improves bells/harps, and allows double hand with spears. Some stuff was real space constrained though, and I didn't like the idea of having stuff jump all over the place to find blocks of free space.

So my current project is to label and potentially relocate all of the combat formula code. Once it all has proper labels, you no longer have to worry about whether your improvements use more space than the original routine, since the assembler will automatically update all the jump points. As long as the entire combat formula block has enough space you're good, and it's not even that hard to move all the formula stuff to a new bank if you want to expand the rom. I'm actually finished with all of the attack types and their damage formulas, and the code that allows it to be moved to a new bank, but I need to spend some time testing and looking for mistakes before I release it or make any gameplay changes.

I may expand the project to more of the C2 (combat) bank as well. One thing I definitely want to do eventually is implement a properly working Sword Slap command, but I need to better understand how the action queue and its commands work first, and that's outside the combat formula code I've done.

Haven't found anything else amazing yet, gameplay wise. ArchaeAvis has an entire attack type and a rom table dedicated to loading its new forms mid-fight.. but as far as I can tell in-game he just does the same hide/unhide monster stuff as everything else, so I'm pretty sure it's all unused. Sandworm has special case code all over the drat place, further proving that it's the worst.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Modoh posted:

I started by making this hack. It has spellblade with katanas/spears/axes/rune weapons, fixes agility scaling and power drinks, improves bells/harps, and allows double hand with spears. Some stuff was real space constrained though, and I didn't like the idea of having stuff jump all over the place to find blocks of free space.

So my current project is to label and potentially relocate all of the combat formula code. Once it all has proper labels, you no longer have to worry about whether your improvements use more space than the original routine, since the assembler will automatically update all the jump points. As long as the entire combat formula block has enough space you're good, and it's not even that hard to move all the formula stuff to a new bank if you want to expand the rom. I'm actually finished with all of the attack types and their damage formulas, and the code that allows it to be moved to a new bank, but I need to spend some time testing and looking for mistakes before I release it or make any gameplay changes.

I may expand the project to more of the C2 (combat) bank as well. One thing I definitely want to do eventually is implement a properly working Sword Slap command, but I need to better understand how the action queue and its commands work first, and that's outside the combat formula code I've done.

Haven't found anything else amazing yet, gameplay wise. ArchaeAvis has an entire attack type and a rom table dedicated to loading its new forms mid-fight.. but as far as I can tell in-game he just does the same hide/unhide monster stuff as everything else, so I'm pretty sure it's all unused. Sandworm has special case code all over the drat place, further proving that it's the worst.

If you want a fun project figure out how ATB tiebreakers work and then tell me

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1709082115286213021

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1714420936181776478

Fall Fiestas for Palestine Children's Relief Fund

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Wheeeee!
https://twitter.com/BookWyvern/status/1719357064542298327

I had Bernard (again) and Syd, so this time I got the music contract. I tried killing off Dave but I guess he counted as the band member so I couldn't continue really. Thankfully that was on a backup save!

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1719661077267669056

As a little birthday gift to himself, RK is running his games this month :laffo: Oh, if you bought that huge itchio "Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality" back in 2020 it included many of them so you might want to check first if you're interested.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Are any of them any good

Modoh
Jul 23, 2007

Jose Valasquez posted:

If you want a fun project figure out how ATB tiebreakers work and then tell me

The short answer is... it's random.

As for the details:
On battle start, the game makes a table of all the combatants in random order. It's basically as random as you can get with FF5's RNG, repeatedly generating random numbers until it gets one of each.

Every tick, for each timer (including ATB), it checks if any of them are ready in the order of that fixed randomized list.

It stops when it finds the first ready combatant and either adds them to the turn queue (for party) or fires off a monster action.

It remembers the last one it checked, though, and next tick it will start searching with the next combatant in the randomized list rather than starting at the beginning.

Also of note for monsters is when it loads their stats it can randomly add or subtract 1 from their speed. So you're not quite as likely to have a bunch of identical monsters get turns at exactly the same time.

I also found a hidden programmer message in FF5's combat bank that I wasn't able to find any reference of online. It's in JIS encoding rather than anything that the game itself uses. It's kinda sad, though:

FF5 C2/0148, translated into English posted:

I devote this work to my beloved younger brother Takanori Higuchi
I pray that his soul rests in peace
1992 2.13 Katsuhisa Higuchi

Katsuhisa Higuchi is one of FF5's battle programmers.

On RK's thing, I'm not sure if I want to try games made by someone known to have such questionable tastes in games. Hating FFT, really?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

If I had known you were actually looking I would have sent you my notes to save time :negative:

From what I recall that all matches up with what I found, but I also found that during a battle sometimes the pointer that it starts from will randomly cycle, possibly just prepositioning for the next time it is needed (skipping monsters that don't exist).

The big issue I got stuck on though is that at the beginning of the battle (maybe just for preemptives? My notes aren't clear and it's been a couple years) it seems to cycle through the table for a few frames and stop randomly, then that is treated as the new initial starting point (so it will start checking tie breakers at the 3rd entry instead of the 1st at the beginning of the battle)

It's deterministic based on the order of the table that is generated, but it's not obvious how it is decided. I manually manipulated the table to see how it behaved for different combinations and there were patterns but I never cracked what was actually happening

00 and 01 being in the first two spots seems to always make the result 2
code:
00,01,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,02 -> 2
00,01,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,02,03 -> 2
00,01,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,02,03,04 -> 2
00,01,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,02,03,04,05 -> 2
00,01,07,08,09,0A,0B,02,03,04,05,06 -> 2
00,01,08,09,0A,0B,02,03,04,05,06,07 -> 2
00,01,02,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,03 -> 2
00,01,02,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,03,04 -> 2
00 being in slot 0 and 01 being in slot 2 *almost* always results in a 3:
code:
00,02,01,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B -> 3
00,03,01,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,02 -> 1
00,04,01,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,02,03 -> 3
00,05,01,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,02,03,04 -> 3
00,06,01,07,08,09,0A,0B,02,03,04,05 -> 3
00,07,01,08,09,0A,0B,02,03,04,05,06 -> 3
00,08,01,09,0A,0B,02,03,04,05,06,07 -> 3
00,09,01,0A,0B,02,03,04,05,06,07,08 -> 3
00,0A,01,0B,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,0A -> 3
00,0B,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,0A,0B -> 3
If you rotate numbers around, the result rotates in the same direction
code:
00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B -> 2
01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,00 -> 1
02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,00,01 -> 0
03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,00,01,02 -> B
This has all the values I've observed: https://pastebin.com/bTnd3xE7

These values are all for quadzerkers vs omega, it could be completely different for other parties/enemies for all I know.

Modoh
Jul 23, 2007
Don't worry about it, I've just been going through the code and came across the ATB section. I haven't been doing any debugging or memory watching, just reading and labeling the code.

What you described, with it deciding to start from mid-table, is exactly how it works. When it finds a ready timer (say, at slot 2 in the random table) it stops for that tick. Next tick, it resumes from the next slot(3). If it doesn't find any ready timers that tick (going all the way around), then it will start the check at that same slot (3) every tick until it finds another ready timer.

Also, Berserkers complicate things a bit, because they have a completely separate ATB that then queues up a command into the regular ATB system when it's ready.

If you're doing memory watching, these are the relevant addresses (and my labels for them):

RandomOrderIndex.ATB $3E87
index into !RandomOrder, saves where in the list to start searching in the next tick

!RandomOrder = $3E93
12 bytes, randomized list of unique numbers 0-11 (this is probably what you've been looking at)

EnableTimer.ATB $3CFB
bitflags for timer, 81h when it's ready for later processing, 41h when a command is queued (like a spell with a delay, or a berserker), 1 when waiting for a turn
CurrentTimer.ATB $3D7F
the actual atb, counts down to 0
(these two are in a 11 byte structure, numbers here are for the first party member, every 11 bytes is the next combatant)

!UncontrolledATB = $7C04
Party member ATB when Zombie/Berserk/Charm, 1 byte per party member. When this empties it queues up an attack command and sets $41 in EnableTimer, 1 in CurrentTimer

There's a bunch of other timer structures too, but they're more relevant to status timers than atb.

There's also a bug with the code handling !UncontrolledATB which makes it keep advancing even if the character is dead, though it doesn't actually trigger anything until they're alive. This is why Berserkers always get an attack immediately when you revive them.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

Are any of them any good
I have no idea.

I can't say I enjoyed this one, but it's pretty much one of those, "Don't touch the walls" kinda isometric adventure maze challenge games that were popular back in the day so "enjoyment" isn't exactly the goal:

VIDEGOAME

Modoh posted:

I also found a hidden programmer message in FF5's combat bank that I wasn't able to find any reference of online. It's in JIS encoding rather than anything that the game itself uses. It's kinda sad, though:
Very cool!

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Chrono Trigger in December again:
https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1730385819654042087

I still have a 100% save I need to finish up from last year but I'm sure I can breeze through a game with Marle, Lucca, and Robo.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Last time he did it i got the exact team i had just beat the game with (Frog, Robo, Ayla) so i didn't bother. This time I got Crono, Marle, Magus and I'm kinda in between games so I guess I'll give it a go

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Did RK ever release the yearly infographic?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Beat FFV for the first time about a month ago and really enjoyed it, so count me in for next years fiesta.

Saw the Butz toxx, and was wondering if people ever pay for naming rights to other peoples characters.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

I'm not sure, I think 2021 was the last Infopicture. It's not even on the blog for some reason. I'd search Twitter but it doesn't appear to be searching by user correctly again (of course not, thanks Elon).

I didn't even get close to starting Chrono Trigger in December. This month is FFVII again:
https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1742137495515541558

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I did Chrono Trigger twice and while I like FF7 I'm too swamped with games I found out about during GOTY 2023 discussions to give it time right now. That's a really interesting challenge run though.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Seems like an interesting way to play, and I've been looking for an excuse to replay OG 7. Maybe do a random roll to restrict who I can use on Disc 3?

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Dang, luckily this game is piss easy, because this is my starting 5:

Cloud - Sage, MVP

Tifa - Thief, useless, item-user

Barret - Summoner, very useless until later, limit break machine

Aeris - Freelancer, co-MVP

Red - White Mage, fine I guess, redundant with Aeris

If I had thought ahead I would have spent more money on grenades to give Tifa something more to do. Just arrived in Kalm, looking forward to see how the limitations start to affect the party in harder fights. Cloud being a Sage, though, will alleviate a lot of pain.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

????
https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1749236782988939371

I've done it a couple times, Thief early isn't bad, it's one of those classes you might miss if you're say doing 100% and you don't roll it (which is possible, there's more classes than characters).

I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish in time but I have Cloud as a Black Mage, Red XIII as a Blue Mage, and Tifa as a Mime after I get some fun Materia maxed. I might throw in Cait Sith and break some bosses with Slots since I've kinda wanted to since I played the game that first year.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Owns. I guess this'll finally get me to play the IZJS version for once. I'm still gonna be mad about moving the Nihopalaoa later. :colbert:

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Doom Goon posted:

I've done it a couple times, Thief early isn't bad, it's one of those classes you might miss if you're say doing 100% and you don't roll it (which is possible, there's more classes than characters).

I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish in time but I have Cloud as a Black Mage, Red XIII as a Blue Mage, and Tifa as a Mime after I get some fun Materia maxed. I might throw in Cait Sith and break some bosses with Slots since I've kinda wanted to since I played the game that first year.

I just finished, it was good time I think. I'll post more thoughts later but my final party was Cloud (Sage), Barret (Summoner), and Cait Sith (Mime). I wasn't able to Triple Crown unfortunately, at least not with the time I have left.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

TheHoosier posted:

I just finished, it was good time I think. I'll post more thoughts later but my final party was Cloud (Sage), Barret (Summoner), and Cait Sith (Mime). I wasn't able to Triple Crown unfortunately, at least not with the time I have left.

Nevermind, I got it, lmao:

As I said in the discord, the issue with Ruby was that no one could take a hit, and I didn't have enough damage to finish the fight without running out of Dazers. I only had 4 casts of KotR: W-Summon, then Mime with Caith Sith. I could usually get one or two Omnislashes off as well, but again the issue was that if I missed the Dazer timing there was a chance Ruby would wreck someone or pull his fingers out and cast Whirlsand. Without Ruby doing damage to fill up a limit bar, Cloud was hitting for like 2k-3k a swing I probably could have done it with enough patience and luck, but I felt like with the time remaining it wasn't worth it.

Then I thought about it, decided that Summoner + Mime was too powerful to just let it go, and went back to Northern Crater to do some level/AP grinding. I mastered HP Plus, Barrier, and All to throw on Cait, then went and did Emerald instead since victory there would yield a Master Summon materia, which would allow me to finish off Ruby. Emerald went down after a few tries, then I indeed rolled Ruby in a single attempt. Sephiroth ain't poo poo and went down with the quickness.

hurray for triple crown, even though it took a bunch of grinding. again, probably could have done it with a bit more patience and luck but eh.

Funny story: After beating Emerald, I rushed over to the gold saucer area to kill off Cloud/Cait and prep for the Ruby fight. I ran into a pair of those jester enemies that have a chance to cause insta-death. I didn't think anything of it and just splattered Cloud and Cait with Barret, then laid on the shoulder buttons to flee. it uh... didn't happen, and the jester insta'd Barret. i was so loving panicked wondering if I had forgotten to save after beating Emerald.

I did save, outside of Kalm

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Woah, I guess some Final Fantasy games got an update on Steam. Somebody tell me if they fixed the confuse bug if they get to it before I do (for instance, confusing Hellraisers and they use White Wind causes them to still use it on themselves. There's other abilities, such as Quake, that do this too and don't switch the targetting).

Oh, but it's got some QoL and weird things such as being able to fight any enemy from the bestiary, tweaking XP/gold rates, loading save data from the menu (yay), etc. etc. etc. I'm guessing these are from the console since it was a different version:

Patch Notes posted:

Major new features
Assistance features have been added to the config. menu. These new features open up a wide variety of gameplay possibilities. They offer options such as applying a x0 to x4 modifier to the amount of EXP, gil or ABP obtained or turning enemy encounters off.
> It is now possible to use holding down the right stick or the F3 key as a shortcut command for switching between encounters
A “BGM source” option has been added to the config screen. This allows you to select between the special “arrangement” BGM made for this version of the game or the “original” versions in the style of the original game. In addition, both versions of the music can be listened to from the sound player.
A “Font type” option has been added to the config screen. This allows you to select between the “modern” font made for this version of the game or the “classic” font in the style of the original game.

■ Additions and alterations to game menus
It is now possible to load saved data from the menu screen.
It is now possible to open the pause menu while travelling or during battle. You can also return to the title screen or check control settings from the pause menu.
An option to switch movement speeds has been added to the config. screen. This allows you to switch the default movement speed from walking to running. Holding down the cancel button while moving will move characters at the other speed not set as the default.
> It is also possible to switch between movements speeds using the F1 key or holding down the left stick as a short cut.
It is now possible to view the monster bestiary from the in-game config menu
It is now possible to select to fight against a monster of your choice from the monster bestiary on the title screen. The game progress from the most recent save data will be applied to decide what monsters the player can select. (It is not possible to select to fight monsters from the monster bestiary on the config. screen)
A “config.” option has been added to the title menu. Most of the same settings that can be changed in-game can also be changed from here.
It has been made easier to check which spells you have already learned from the “Magic” menu. Spells are also arranged by level on this menu.
It has been changed so the current status of ABP obtained for each job is now displayed on the “Job” menu.

■ Other changes and adjustments
The controls for the battle commands “Defend” and “Row” have been changed. It is now possible to select “Defend” by pushing the right direction or “Row” by pushing the left direction while selecting commands.
The “auto” icon is no longer shown on the battle screen as standard.
It is now possible to skip scenes during the ending.
Some changes and adjustments have been made to game graphics.
Some changes and adjustments have been made to sound effects.
Several bugs have been fixed.

In other news, the FF12 event starts tomorrow. I'm hoping to get my FFVII done tonight, it's going well but I'll probably have to skip doing the arena fights just to make sure I can get everything posted in time.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Game Over!

https://twitter.com/BookWyvern/status/1752731666198691930
https://twitter.com/BookWyvern/status/1752730566200574276
https://twitter.com/BookWyvern/status/1752734317489619348

(Actually had time to do what I wanted to and get Game Over on all three bosses.)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The FF12 event.

You get two jobs per character. If on IZJS, you pick one. If on TZA, you can use both if you want.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

No love for the superbosses because RK is a coward with bad taste.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Kyrosiris posted:

No love for the superbosses because RK is a coward with bad taste.

No kidding. At least do Zodiark.

Edit: I said this in the discord but I think it might have been more interesting to only pick 6 jobs, and if you decide to use a second license board in TZA then you can only pick one of the other 5 jobs. Like how in FF5 you can mix and match job abilities but still have to have each job represented

Or just do one job each :colbert:

TheHoosier fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
Nice, been looking for an excuse to replay this and this is as good a reason as any!