Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Just now am halfway through season 2. What an incredible show. I wish I would have seen it when it was in Netflix but splurged and bought season 1 and 2 and likely will buy all the seasons. Incredible show. Who here agrees with me?

Any other shows just as good in the same caliber?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I enjoy The Office. It’s funny. The Jim and Pam arch is lovely.

I’ve never seen the last two seasons in full, though. I found it pretty cringey after Michael left. Characters who had well defined lanes through six or seven seasons suddenly take radical departures from those lanes. I don’t need Stanley to be wacky or Angela to be empathetic.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

having watched all the seasons again recently i actually liked the seasons after micheal left better. i especially like robert california and his house party.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Seinfeld is available on Netflix and it's a show about narcissistic idiots too OP it is a sitcom from a slightly earlier time (the jokes might be a little "racy")

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Robert California was good and the people who say he was a bad character are idiots probably the only good thing about the last few seasons

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

micheal is really good from season 2 until a point between then and when he meets the HR lady then its really bad michael and weve had enough.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The office is a fine tv program to watch. It unfortunately triggers a certain mental illness in people where they repeat the process like 10+ times.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I liked the UK version, never really got into the US version though I hear it got good when they stopped trying to copy the UK version and let it be it’s own thing

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i never watched the UK version of the office, cant say i care for ricky gervaise ver much, but i did enjoy the IT crowd (which is a UK show) especially the episode where they go to a play and theres a bunch of disabled people and the one guy gets stuck in the disabled bathroom

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
I stopped watching after the wedding. I feel like that was a good cutoff because every episode I’ve seen since in syndication has made me say out loud: why the gently caress is this still on

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
jim and pam sucked so much

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Jan gluing that Dundee Award back together.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
You ever watch The Office while in an office?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

Jim, yeah, but why do goons hate Pam so much?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

BigBadSteve posted:

Jim, yeah, but why do goons hate Pam so much?

They're both awful people, I don't think it's that weighted either way.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

There's an episode where Jim is hanging around with Pam's Dad, then the Dad decides he needs to divorce his wife. Half of the episode is Pam wondering what Jim said, like he used a magic curse word to destroy the marriage.

At the end it's revealed that Jim just talked about how much he loves Pam and the Dad goes "Jeez, I never loved my wife that much." and then divorces her on the spot. Pam views this is a really great thing, actually.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
If I, immediately before I die, I am given the opportunity to watch one final episode of television, it would probably be 'The Dinner Party'.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I like Pam

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

The receptionist is so beautiful in her every day clothes. She seems so wholesome and nice.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

bollig posted:

If I, immediately before I die, I am given the opportunity to watch one final episode of television, it would probably be 'The Dinner Party'.

If, immediately before you die, I'm given the option to have you watch something less embarrassing, or at least tell your family you did, I'd do it :hfive:

naem
May 29, 2011

bollig posted:

I plan to buy a condo like Michael Scott of Michael Scott paper company

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

they should make the office but all the actors are cats

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
They should make the office but all the characters except for Dwight are replaced by Jims and it’s just a show about doing pranks and the Jim Face at the camera

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Aw cmon that thread finally hosed off

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I just can't get past Dwight not being immediately terminated and jailed for intentionally setting fire to the office.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

They’ve just announced an Australian version coming up soon. The twist is it’s a packaging company with most of the staff on home office. Gervais is involved.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

haljordan posted:

I just can't get past Dwight not being immediately terminated and jailed for intentionally setting fire to the office.

yeah man, its just preposterous

don't even get me started on how unqualified homer simpson is, either

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I have a lot of very strong opinions on The Office, and I hope they enrich this thread instead of killing it by making it unfun for everyone.

Brrrmph posted:

I enjoy The Office. It’s funny. The Jim and Pam arch is lovely.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh

quote:

I’ve never seen the last two seasons in full, though. I found it pretty cringey after Michael left. Characters who had well defined lanes through six or seven seasons suddenly take radical departures from those lanes. I don’t need Stanley to be wacky or Angela to be empathetic.

Or Kevin to be dumb as a literal brick

Private Cumshoe posted:

Robert California was good and the people who say he was a bad character are idiots probably the only good thing about the last few seasons

I don't think he was a bad character, he just made me cringe in a bad unfunny way which tbh I blame on the fact that I was working at a small company with a CEO who was basically a Robert California wannabe

Milo and POTUS posted:

:hmmyes: That said, as much as I hate will-they-won't-they stupidness, and as much as I hated Jim & Pam as a couple, the concept of showing a post-"happily ever after" story -- you know, the part AFTER we see their (ostensibly) super exciting thrilling beautiful passionate love story, where they become just another suburban mommy & daddy -- is pretty great, if not especially well-executed.

A Fancy Hat posted:

There's an episode where Jim is hanging around with Pam's Dad, then the Dad decides he needs to divorce his wife. Half of the episode is Pam wondering what Jim said, like he used a magic curse word to destroy the marriage.

At the end it's revealed that Jim just talked about how much he loves Pam and the Dad goes "Jeez, I never loved my wife that much." and then divorces her on the spot. Pam views this is a really great thing, actually.

I remember being viscerally angry at that plot point. Pam's dad seeing Jim & Pam's love as the only quintessential ideal of love, despite the fact that he & his wife are very different people from them, at very different stages of their lives, makes absolutely no loving sense. If Pam's parents had even one scene showing them as unhappy with one another, fighting & arguing or whatever, it might have made sense for Pam to be relieved that they were breaking up, but Pam being outright happy that her love with Jim destroyed a marriage among people she loves is bullshit.

bollig posted:

:agreed: That one night, watching "Dinner Party" would make eeeverything alriiiight.

I'm not trying to imply that I like or dislike Pam with this question, but what exactly do you like about Pam?

Piggy Smalls posted:

The receptionist is so beautiful in her every day clothes. She seems so wholesome and nice.

Yeah, Erin's pretty great. Too bad her relationship with Gabe was horrifyingly bad and her relationship with Andy was flubbed beyond repair with lovely writing.

edit:

haljordan posted:

The fact that he wasn't immediately terminated for injecting Stanley with a bunch of horse tranquilizers is a lot more proposterous, if you ask me. TV is TV, but like, that seemed too cartoonish for the show and way out-of-character for Dwight.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jun 1, 2023

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Was Erin just really dumb or did she have brain trauma

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I didn't like Erin but the scene with her accompanying Michael to tell the students about the scholarships was A+

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

haljordan posted:

She seemed dumb in an ill-educated, ill-socialized, and naive way, and her hyper giddy personality magnified that. By "brain trauma", are you talking about mental or physical?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

haljordan posted:

She wasn't even that dumb when she showed up, but those last 2-3 seasons of the show turned everybody into cartoon characters.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

A Fancy Hat posted:

She wasn't even that dumb when she showed up, but those last 2-3 seasons of the show turned everybody into cartoon characters.

I am gonna start reusing hot dog water

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

You ever watch The Office while in an office?

You ever watch The Office in an office on weed?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I forgot what a gigantic rear end in a top hat Michael was in the first season lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm not trying to imply that I like or dislike Pam with this question, but what exactly do you like about Pam?

She has a wholesome girl next door quality that I like and she’s funny. Yeah she’s kinda basic white girl but for the most part she means well. To be fair, I’m talking early seasons Pam. She definitely gets worse as the show goes on, but so does everyone else.

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

wuph dot com

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Private Cumshoe posted:

Robert California was good

This post is actually about sex. All posts are about sex.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

She has a wholesome girl next door quality that I like and she’s funny. Yeah she’s kinda basic white girl but for the most part she means well. To be fair, I’m talking early seasons Pam. She definitely gets worse as the show goes on, but so does everyone else.

I see.

Tommah posted:

wuph dot com

Oy, don't get me started on Ryan. :rolleyes: Or do, I won't stop you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

haljordan posted:

She was the new office hottie as Pam hit mid-30s.