Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Tell me something good that happened to you today

Today I ate some fried chicken tenders from the supermarket with some woke rear end chick fil a sauce, good rear end way to have lunch imho, living my best life

edit: real posts only, no fake sh*t!!

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Got Kudos at work for knocking out 2 issues that were stumping a coworker for weeks

Cleaned Apartment so its presentable for company later this week

On track to maintain my diet as long for 2 weeks in a row unless i pig out and eat 1k calories before I go to bed

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

My client's app is down so I spent the whole day goofin' off

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
I managed to leave the house by myself and go shopping woohoo :frog:

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

My friend is paying me to watch their very cute puppy while they're at work so I'm making money playing tug of war and reading Scorch Atlas while the puppy sleeps. If this isn't nice I don't know what is

Tea Party Crasher fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 13, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Tea Party Crasher posted:

My friend is paying me to watch their very cute puppy while they're at work so I'm making money playing tug of war and reading Scorch Atlas while the puppy sleeps. If this is a nice I don't know what is

Posting about puppies without a pic, shaking my drat head

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I realized I have 3 weeks worth of vacation time saved up so I'm taking the rest of the week off.

:q:

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Posting about puppies without a pic, shaking my drat head

Just building suspense

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I made my baby laugh.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Another one so you can appreciate June bug's pretty eyes

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i got NEW JOB that PAY GOOD. :2monocle: i also pet all three of my pets today, but i havent given them any treats yet. gonna do that right now sorry.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Just building suspense

drat good dog.

I finished color on a BG and got drooled on by a happy cat, so doing alright.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Got acclimatized to the heat wave and managed to find energy to do literally anything of worth, unlike the last 4 days.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Just building suspense

:kimchi:

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Did the longest bike ride of my life at 9 miles.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
The regional Ren Faire came around last weekend. I love that stuff, and no, I do not have a cool outfit.

I did participate in the sword(wooden) fighting competitions where you are matched with a complete stranger. I do have about 16 years of self defense training, including swords, so its a comfortable space for me. In our training you do not hit your partner hard; you halt the blow right at the edge of contact. Practicing with complete strangers kind of mixes that up a bit. People new to swords and other disciplines may try to hit you as hard as they can. I always suggest we start slow at 30% speed, build rhythm, but it always goes full speed within 5 seconds.

I did three rounds over two days. I can boast and say I had killing blows in every match. Standing behind the person and the ability to slice their backs etc.
But I hold. Hoping they will acknowledge the win; but they don't, and I won't strike someone I'm training with.

It's a lot of fun though. I know I "won" each match; because "you're already dead" and they strike again, before we reset and go again. I'm perfectly fine with it, everyone has to learn over time; but I did actually "kill" each person, every round.

I killed three people last weekend. (in pretend).

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
got more than 4 consecutive hours of sleep

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Internetjack posted:

The regional Ren Faire came around last weekend. I love that stuff, and no, I do not have a cool outfit.

I did participate in the sword(wooden) fighting competitions where you are matched with a complete stranger. I do have about 16 years of self defense training, including swords, so its a comfortable space for me. In our training you do not hit your partner hard; you halt the blow right at the edge of contact. Practicing with complete strangers kind of mixes that up a bit. People new to swords and other disciplines may try to hit you as hard as they can. I always suggest we start slow at 30% speed, build rhythm, but it always goes full speed within 5 seconds.

I did three rounds over two days. I can boast and say I had killing blows in every match. Standing behind the person and the ability to slice their backs etc.
But I hold. Hoping they will acknowledge the win; but they don't, and I won't strike someone I'm training with.

It's a lot of fun though. I know I "won" each match; because "you're already dead" and they strike again, before we reset and go again. I'm perfectly fine with it, everyone has to learn over time; but I did actually "kill" each person, every round.

Rapier, longsword, or cutlass?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I gave my cats a teddybear and they both cuddled with it

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

Szyznyk posted:

Rapier, longsword, or cutlass?

Bokken, wooden knock-off of a katana; that's my experience. I have armored up and swung dull-edge heavy steel at people as well. For fun of course. So, longsword.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Been in therapy for four months and I'm starting to really get to the core of some stuff that's hurt me deeply for over a decade.

I went to the gym today and I got back on that horse after loving up my 3x/week routine and not going most of May because I felt awful and made excuses.

I haven't vaped in 9 days and I intend to continue increasing that number.

Self improvement blows. Everyone can go gently caress themselves (I'm glad I'm doing this).

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Internetjack posted:

This is cool as hell

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Oh I ordered a bunch of non-alcoholic beer and they hosed up part of my order. Customer service told me to keep the mixup and they’re shipping me extra of the ones they missed for free. I’ll take that as a win.

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

"Either way, it's going to hurt like crazy."

Internetjack posted:

Was this led by a Hema group or your regional SCA?

I got pretty good at Hema and I was probably the first person to block behind my back (Like Posta di Donna but turned away) in a tournament. So I guess that's my minor victory, I tried cutting with a sharp once and I sucked at it so now I have to re-evaluate my whole approach.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

flubber nuts posted:

i got NEW JOB that PAY GOOD. :2monocle: i also pet all three of my pets today, but i havent given them any treats yet. gonna do that right now sorry.

treat update

big dog - 7 salmon cubes
little dog - 4 salmon cubes
cat- 2 salmon cubes

:banjo:

Nurglings
May 6, 2016
sold a csgo skin for $650 that was worth $20 the last time I played ~6 years ago

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

flubber nuts posted:

treat update

big dog - 7 salmon cubes
little dog - 4 salmon cubes
cat- 2 salmon cubes

:banjo:

drat, jealous

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

i touched a cat today

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

spouse posted:

Been in therapy for four months and I'm starting to really get to the core of some stuff that's hurt me deeply for over a decade.

I went to the gym today and I got back on that horse after loving up my 3x/week routine and not going most of May because I felt awful and made excuses.

I haven't vaped in 9 days and I intend to continue increasing that number.

Self improvement blows. Everyone can go gently caress themselves (I'm glad I'm doing this).

therapy + work out + limit8ng addictions is ftw. good job goon, and also i'm proud of you

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

Passive Aggreeable posted:

Was this led by a Hema group or your regional SCA?

I got pretty good at Hema and I was probably the first person to block behind my back (Like Posta di Donna but turned away) in a tournament. So I guess that's my minor victory, I tried cutting with a sharp once and I sucked at it so now I have to re-evaluate my whole approach.

Good question. I believe it was SCA out of Spokane Washington. I just tried to check and heck if there is no info I can find.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

This is cool as hell

It is. If you are into nerdy sword and armor stuff, Ren Fairs are a blast. You don't have to dress up. Fun way to spend a day or two on a weekend.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Every single poo poo I take while I'm on the clock

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

My dad died of ALS 30 years ago and I recently started having weird muscle things happening. After waiting a month for the ALS muscle test, I had it this morning and it was negative

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

My dad died of ALS 30 years ago and I recently started having weird muscle things happening. After waiting a month for the ALS muscle test, I had it this morning and it was negative

That's great op.

Had a stinky afternoon wendigee.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Drove my family ~900 miles to do family vacation poo poo (over the past two days). It's been a good time :thumbsup:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
sat out on the patio and processed/packaged a little bit of :catdrugs:

it's nice aromatic stuff and will def wreck some cats

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Hell yeah! My dad has developed Parkinsons in the last 5 years and now I'm just....irritated about my future, to understate it. Not a guarantee I'll get it or anything, but I've gotta be aware of it moving forward.

For an actual personal win--started a hybrid job three weeks ago and it turns out calling it hybrid is a loving joke in a good way. I commute 20-30 minutes two days of the week, work in an office for 2-3 hours or until the courier drop-off is done, and then I return home to do the majority of my job. MWF is full work from home.

Pay isn't as good as my last job, but the stress level is nonexistent and it means I have more time and patience for my 1 year old son. Today it finally really sunk in that I'm in a way better place. And yeah, pay could be better, but it's the type of nonprofit job that can reduce/forgive some of my student loans so it balances out.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

dee eight posted:

sat out on the patio and processed/packaged a little bit of :catdrugs:

it's nice aromatic stuff and will def wreck some cats

glad to hear you're still in the game. i might have to pick up more of that good stuff soon.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Shinjobi posted:

For an actual personal win--started a hybrid job three weeks ago and it turns out calling it hybrid is a loving joke in a good way. I commute 20-30 minutes two days of the week, work in an office for 2-3 hours or until the courier drop-off is done, and then I return home to do the majority of my job. MWF is full work from home.

Hell yeah brother. I went fully remote during covid and I genuinely feel like I basically retired in my 30s. I hope to loving god that I can keep this racket going on forever.

Office, bad. Afternoon naps and dropping wendigees in your own private bathroom, good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm still really happy with the car I bought in January. It's only the second new car I've ever bought, and it's been almost 20 years since I've owned a car of my own.