Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is the op completely delusional
yep. tall guy bragging or hosed up worldview
no. 6'2" is average
goku
View Results

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
My friend just texted me asking if I want to join their rec league basketball team. Basketball has never really been my main sport, but my friend said they needed "tall" people. Here's the thing, I'm not exactly tall, at least by the definition I've always accepted. I'm 6'2, which is right on the dividing line between average and tall. I told my friend this, and we got in an argument about the Short --> Tall scale.

Mine has always gone:
Tall - over 6'2"
Average - 5'9.5" - 6'2"
Short - 5'9" and below.

He says, no, no, Larry:
Tall - over 6'0.5"
Average - 5'8"(!!) - 6'0"
Short - below 5'8".

This is crazy talk to me. Especially as people have gotten taller as time goes on. We are now calling 5'8" average height?

Someone tell me I'm not crazy!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
Sorry this is the male scale and I think you subtract 2" across the board for women.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I'm 6" even and a lot of people in my life tell me I'm tall, and I notice things are too short for me/don't fit well

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

6' is 3 inches taller than the average american male so I'd say 6' is tall

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Consider the average male height in the United States is 5'9 and your "average" starts over that, and it's square in the middle of your friends assessment I'd say we have definitive proof that your tall scaling is wrong and his is correct.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

just like any bell curve. middle 68% is average. in canada/america that's something like 5'7"-5'11". less is short, more is tall

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

and as already mentioned, 5'9" is about as average as you get

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I see such a wide range of heights on people in public that it doesn’t even matter to me. I’m six feet even and there are people that tower over me, so even I can be called short in their sense.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Yeah, your friend's correct.

e: Your own scale is just widly incorrect.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 30, 2023

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Like OP, I'm as tall as you. It should be perceptibly obvious that you're taller than the average person you meet. I can sometimes go a whole day without meeting someone taller than me. I can't count the number of times people have asked me for help getting things off of shelves. All of your relatives have surely reminded you of it near constantly. You even have the privilege of feeling safe walking around pretty much anywhere at any time (e: if male).

Like how do you exist for more than a single year at this height and not realize you're tall?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Do you have body dysmorphia or something what is this scale lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

op is in the top 1% of height in north america and thinks he's on the cusp of average height lol

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Thrift store pencilhands

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Pe cilhanss

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

op is in the top 1% of height in north america and thinks he's on the cusp of average height lol
Standing in a crowd of hundreds of people and thinking it's just totally normal to have a completely unobstructed view of everything around you

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Sorry, OP is right. You have to remember that people are getting taller over time, you're all thinking stuck thinking about how tall people were pre-pandemic and haven't kept up with the latest height trends. 6' (that's 2000mm for you metric folks) is the new 5'.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

COVID elongated people by approximately 17%

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Jelly posted:

Standing in a crowd of hundreds of people and thinking it's just totally normal to have a completely unobstructed view of everything around you

im 6'3" and i know thats considered tall but somehow at every show i go to there's still someone taller than me right in front of me

i know i also block peoples view just by existing so i try to find a place on the side/edge

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Jelly posted:

this is why it's called "long covid"

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Jelly posted:

they don't call it long covid for nothing

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

the holy poopacy posted:

this is why it's called "long covid"

gently caress YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Long COVID heyo

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Earwicker posted:

im 6'3" and i know thats considered tall but somehow at every show i go to there's still someone taller than me right in front of me
Reminding me that as a tall person you also get randos asking to sit on your shoulders at concerts

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i'm 6ft, but my legs are only 9 inches long

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Buce posted:

i'm 6ft, but my legs are only 9 inches long

Above average legs

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

it's all relative imo

if you're 6'7 then someone who is 5'10 is short. if you're 5'2 then that same 5'10 person is tall.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
OP would by pointed at and laughed at hysterically by the dutch

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
I wonder if some states have significantly larger spreads than others. I'm 6'4 and in Miami I was almost always the tallest person in the room but in Minnesota there's always some Paul Bunyan motherfucker around, even though the two states apparently have very similar average heights.

I'm sure Miami is slightly shorter than Florida overall because of all the Cubans but I can't imagine it's by much, since all the cities probably have a bunch of Cubans

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i'm 5'10.5 which is objectively the perfect height

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i'm 5'10.5 which is objectively the perfect height

wrong. 69 inches is. which is my height. and guess what, i'm also 69 kg

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i'm 420kg

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Who gives a poo poo OP?

*waddles away shortly*

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

6' is tall. Below that is short

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

added a poll btw

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Do you have body dysmorphia or something what is this scale lol

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Who gives a poo poo OP?

*waddles away shortly*

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

How tall is Goku?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Here look I made a diagram

As you can see, Wilt Chamberlain and Andre the Giant are only sorta tall. Arnold is canonically short :hmmyes:

:gas:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

You Are A Elf posted:

How tall is Goku?

Tall for a Goku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

You Are A Elf posted: