Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Go Astros.

Love u all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Intruder posted:

I guess I'm less upset about giving up Gilbert and Clifford than I was about giving up Beer and Martin in the Greinke trade and look how that turned out

Crane has earned like 15 years of never being mad at him.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Kirios posted:

So...is that it?

There is a whole other trade deadline. We got Verlander the first time at the second one.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Kirios posted:

More toxic?

Sab it's time to step up, your time has come.

I'm a delight imo. I'm very nice to everyone in this thread

I love baseball and all of its fans and players (except 1).

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

mcmagic posted:

There is literally nothing cashman can say to defend his performance as GM and not sound like an idiot. It speaks for itself.

you have been banging the Cashman sucks drum for years - people gave you a lot of poo poo for it - but drat, he sucks.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Kirios posted:

What a freaking statement day for the Astros. Holy poo poo.

Thank you Framber for marking my glorious return to this thread where everyone loves me just like they love America's Team.

Go Astros.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

It's also wild because Cashman will say in the same presser that there wasn't actually a budget cap!

I've defended him a lot for a long time but they gotta fully clean house (monkey's paw rear end post since Hal's still gonna be the one picking his successor.)

Monkey's paw is y'all hiring Jeff Lunhow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

tadashi posted:

I believe this was the game where I almost threw a beer at the tv, on principle, when Josh Hamilton decided it was a good idea to attempt a sacrifice bunt late in the game, while down several runs, with a runner on first.

I still can't believe Kyle Schwarber tried to bunt with two strikes and two outs in the 8th inning of a World Series game.