Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin
Fireworks are bad because they scare dogs and cats and probably other wildlife

HOWEVER

They are rather epic because they trigger PTSD flashbacks in military veterans

What sayeth the wise minds of GBS .. Fireworks: Win or Fail ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Farded

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

my dog is having vietnam flashbacks but we got her a cooling vest and its kind of helping. doggy xanax too but shes almost out because shes addicted to her prescription medication.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

pros: look at em bro

cons: can be expensive or you might have to travel to get the good ones

pros: bro i said did you look at them

cons: sometimes things get set on fire

pros: sometimes they deserved it?

Nurglings
May 6, 2016
seen one firework show you seen em all

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!
I just am bored by fireworks. I'm just chillin' in bed right now listening to them. Fireworks suck. Congrats on the bang tubes y'all.

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY JOURNEYMAN SIGSMITH Dick Fontaine

Vile_Nihlist666 fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jul 5, 2023

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Not fun when people are setting them off outside your window until midnight or longer on July 4th and New Year’s.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
The British lost today so whenever I see one of those mortars go up but limp out it's like that's the thing to cheer for isn't it?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Fireworks are mad bad bro

I want em all banned. Because then America will raise the scarlet standard and swear fealty To Marx

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I spent a couple hundred bucks on fireworks last night because my nephew gets a kick out of lighting them and running away

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
My neighbors have been setting off firecrackers for at least 9 hours and I cannot figure out how they aren't bored with it. Its a loud thing with a tiny bit of sparkly, its about as entertaining as a set of jingly loving keys how is this entertaining for more than like 20 min? (drugs probably) Luckily the cats don't seem to care other than being grumpy when a really loud one wakes them up.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Did quiet colorful ones because of the new puppy. But the rednecks next door went full mortar and she was unfazed by the sound so next year it’s full Fallujah.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Fireworks are mad bad bro

I want em all banned. Because then America will raise the scarlet standard and swear fealty To Marx

Red is the cheapest firework color to manufacture so communists already have it easy just cap firework prices, donezo

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
they're insanely cool. kinda wantt to start my life over and be a fireworks technician

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The last time I lit a firework it blew up instantly and just made the loudest loving boo.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

im gonna go pop off a couple mortars and a roman candle in a bit, once all my neighbors go totally hog wild I'm gonna pull out the 9 shot cakes and poo poo :cool:

my neighborhood started about 11AM yesterday, peaked at about 1AM, and never really stopped so it's gonna get real fuckin wild here in a bit

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The last time I lit a firework it blew up instantly and just made the loudest loving boo.

If they're anywhere I can hear them they suck poo poo OP

But I like looking at the ones explode on the shore across the sound

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

They suck and are dumb. Checkmate.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Grey Cat posted:

They suck and are dumb. Checkmate.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I played roman candle wars with trash can tops a few times

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Exploding poo poo is hella fun

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I thought mass shootings replaced fireworks as the tradition for Americans making loud bangs?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Wizard master wannabe OP lol

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

syntaxfunction posted:

I thought mass shootings replaced fireworks as the tradition for Americans making loud bangs?

You thought wrong but tonight would be a good time for a shooting it sounds like a warzone outside right now

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oWAb5NVALw

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

epic fail ftw

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Nooner posted:

Exploding poo poo is hella fun

This is the right answer.

Sorry next time where earplugs in Operation: Desert Storm 2.

Also my dog doesn’t give a gently caress about fireworks. Sorry yours is a big wuss.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdkLZNyEMVU

The op's neighborhood irl

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Fireworks are great. Anyone who complains about them I basically mentally see this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNdcYjqN5zI

Where they're freaking out and everyone else is just having fun.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

OP what is your opinion on illegal bootleg fireworks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APf_6jbbXiE

Especially this one

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

My dogs have a great support system when they get scared by fireworks, namely me and my wife

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Our neighbor was blasting em earlier tonight but my dogs are ok thanks for asking

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Fireworks are great. Anyone who complains about them I basically mentally see this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNdcYjqN5zI

Where they're freaking out and everyone else is just having fun.

Daaaaamn I don’t think even al-Queda hated America that much :stare:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
epic win and much fail

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I loving hate fireworks goddammit the kids and I are trying to sleep

My uncle got his fingers halfway off one year

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Fireworks shows are great. The average dumbshit setting off fireworks until 3 AM and whipping them at homeless people is lovely.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

My kids went to bed around 9 and I'm sitting here watching the 2002 classic, The Transporter while my dog lies on the love seat giving zero shits about the 100s of mortars that have been going off since about 6pm. Every once in a while, I check the neighborhood Facebook page for the "muh dog/children" and "I'm a very important person who needs sleep" posts for a sensible chuckle.

Here he is giving zero shits:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fireworks? Pfft.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!
I think that belongs in the cursed images thread.