Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Wow, is it really the 10th season of the ISO:FT Fantasy Football Beer League!? Most of you who read this already know the premise: this is a fantasy league in which instead of league dues, you commit to sending out a box of beer worth over $50.00 curated from your local craft beer scene. Boxes should include growlers, bombers, and cans of beer that are not available outside of your geographical region, and that people might want to try. Because of this, we generally ask that you have some experience shipping beer, although most of us have experience in that arena and are happy to help.

Last year Worthleast/Seven-round Mock Draught took home first place. Spacejung/Trappist Friermuth 88 came in 2nd place and due to shenanigans in the Bills/Bengals game Veritek83/Saison Barley and Wild Man of Yolo/Indianapolis Kolsch! were our two bronze medalists.

This year I'll be retaining the position of commissioner unless I'm handed huge sacks of money not to.

Here's some background:

- Last year's league settings, for reference:
https://fantasy.espn.com/football/league/settings?leagueId=1018860

- Your beer boxes are due out shortly after the league ends, with the target date being before February 4, 2023. We understand that life gets in the way but boxes should be out before the Super Bowl.

- Participants are required to post a Toxx. You are responsible for shipping your beer to your recipient or you will be banned.

- We've typically put any rules changes to a vote on the first page of the thread.

- This is the payout structure

Winner- 5 Boxes of Beer
2nd Place- 3 Boxes of Beer
3rd Place- 2 Boxes of Beer
Highest Single Game Point Total- 1 Box of Beer
Winner of the Loser's Bracket- 1 Box of Beer

-Spaces are grandfathered in for the people who participated last year:

Returning (?)

Coronaball
Wild Man of Yolo
YamataNoOrochi
Funkybottoms
Veritek83
Ayudo
B_Sketchy
Zam
Quiet Feet

Out for 2023

Yellow Dart
Spacejung
Alfalfa

Yellow Dart has informed me that he'll be bowing out due to a move overseas. Congrats and good luck! Spacejung has climbed the mountain and sounded like he needed a year off last I heard from him. Thanks for playing y'all and hope we'll see you in the future.

I will be updating this as need be. This has been a 12-team league and hopefully will stay that way, although I do believe the first year of the league ran with only 10. If you want back in please post here or send me a PM. Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year!

Once we have participants ironed out I'll set up a poll to determine what time the draft will be. We've been using an auction draft and if you've never participated, it's not as hard as it looks. It is a way more active experience than a snake draft and is tons more fun. I heartily encourage it in all leagues.

Edit: vote for draft date is up https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/ep2L13mb

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
one of my favorite leagues every season

I, veritek83, :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: Saison Barley (subject to change, if inspiration strikes)

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

When the image is new, the world is new.
If there are a couple openings, I'd love to throw my hat in the ring. My credentials are that I enjoy beer and fantasy football.

More than happy to :toxx: shipping a $50 box of beer to my destroyer.

Gaston Bachelard fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 8, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Veritek83 posted:

one of my favorite leagues every season

I, veritek83, :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: Saison Barley (subject to change, if inspiration strikes)

Same :hfive:

I, Quiet Feet, :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: Dallas Sucks

Gaston Bachelard posted:

If there are a couple openings, I'd love to throw my hat in the ring. My credentials are that I enjoy beer and fantasy football.

More than happy to :toxx: shipping a $50 box of beer to my destroyer.

There are! PM me with an email and I'll have you in in a bit.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Also, draft poll should be up by Wednesday. For now I'm on vacation and none of you'se is the boss of me. :colbert:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I, The Wild Man of YOLO, :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: Indianapolis Kölsch

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

Posting again to hit the toxx statement verbatim.

I, Gaston Bachelard, :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: San Fran-Citra Pour Diviners

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Of course I'm back!

I, coronaball (back to back consolation bracket champ), :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: Pliny the Younghoe Koo (subject to change)

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
i, funkybottoms, :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: ice cold coorsdarelle (for now)

oh, new guys, it's also highly encouraged that you get trashed during the draft

funkybottoms fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 10, 2023

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

funkybottoms posted:

Absolutely no problem

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

funkybottoms posted:

i, funkybottoms, :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: ice cold coorsdarelle (for now)

All I'm gonna say is that the one year where I didn't drink was also the only year I didn't make the playoffs.

Anyone got any opinions on intermissions during the draft? Last year was the first time we tried it and I did two but now I'm thinking one was probably enough.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

I, Worthleast, :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: Seven Round Mock Draught

I still have 25 bottles of the 75 bottle grand prize to work through.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Quiet Feet posted:

All I'm gonna say is that the one year where I didn't drink was also the only year I didn't make the playoffs.

Anyone got any opinions on intermissions during the draft? Last year was the first time we tried it and I did two but now I'm thinking one was probably enough.

One seems like a good idea.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

one was probably enough.

Yeah, that.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Can I get in on this or on a wait list? Thanks!!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Thom and the Heads posted:

Can I get in on this or on a wait list? Thanks!!

Heh, just noticed you're actually on my wait list from last year.

Sure thing hit me up with an email address and I can get you in.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Okay, draft Doodle has been made. I've sharply limited the options this year because A: we've never voted for a slot earlier than 8:00 PM EST and B: Doodle now makes you sign up and pay if you want to have more than 20 options.

If you're new here, click the following link to vote for your draft date! Note that while I've listed the time as 8-11, this has never taken us an entire 3 hours.

https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/ep2L13mb

E: Jesus Christ I can't even edit my own votes anymore without a "Pro" account. That's some serious bullshit. :psyberger:

EE: Fixed first poll.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jul 13, 2023

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Let's goooo

I, Thom and The Heads, :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team name: Yeast Mode (subject to change)

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

Okay, draft Doodle has been made. I've sharply limited the options this year because A: we've never voted for a slot earlier than 8:00 PM EST and B: Doodle now makes you sign up and pay if you want to have more than 20 options.

If you're new here, click the following link to vote for your draft date! Note that while I've listed the time as 8-11, this has never taken us an entire 3 hours.

https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/e7XV0gQa

E: Jesus Christ I can't even edit my own votes anymore without a "Pro" account. That's some serious bullshit. :psyberger:

not sure if it'll be a problem to edit, but you've got 8AM-11AM here, as opposed to PM

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Veritek83 posted:

not sure if it'll be a problem to edit, but you've got 8AM-11AM here, as opposed to PM

Doh! Fixed it.

https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/ep2L13mb

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Let's do it again.

I, Ayudo, :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: 🍻TRIPPEL OPTION

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

i will be out of town for a wedding on august 12, so that's the one absolute hard no for me

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

just checking in on where we stand re: scheduling the draft

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Veritek83 posted:

just checking in on where we stand re: scheduling the draft

If we don't include the yellow votes then right now it's a two-way tie between August 20th and 27th. Meant to send out an email yesterday to nudge everyone who hasn't voted but was out all day. Think I'll do that now.

E: it is done. We're at seven respondents.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jul 31, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Full transparency: Doodle counts every date I added to the vote as a date I personally voted for, I guess because it assumes the creator is automatically fine with each date. Which, yeah, not the case here so I voted under the initials "QF". Votes under the name Nick C will not be counted but this would be irrelevant anyway because adding one or subtracting one from every single option leaves us with the same result.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Updated my vote to put 8/20 in the lead and avoid Labor Day weekend!

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
I’m unfortunately out this year and apologize for the late notice. :/

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alfalfa posted:

I’m unfortunately out this year and apologize for the late notice. :/

No prob. Hope we'll see you again some time. :cheers:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
This sounds like the kind of league made for me. :cheers:

If you still have an opening, I'll join. I'm good at beer and bad at fantasy football.

My team name in other leagues has often been I Like Beer.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

This sounds like the kind of league made for me. :cheers:

If you still have an opening, I'll join. I'm good at beer and bad at fantasy football.

My team name in other leagues has often been I Like Beer.

Heading out the door right now but I'll send you an invite this afternoon. Welcome!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Heading out the door right now but I'll send you an invite this afternoon. Welcome!

I'm literally packing the car to go camping for the rest of the week, so if I don't respond soon it's because I'm in a tent on a mountainside. With beer.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm literally packing the car to go camping for the rest of the week, so if I don't respond soon it's because I'm in a tent on a mountainside. With beer.

Cool cool. Just hit me up with an email I can send the invite to. If you find time before you're out, please do vote on the draft date at https://doodle.com/meeting/organize/id/ep2L13mb.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

I, Zam, :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: TBD

I'll get the form filled out too. Looking forward to another year!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Looks like with everybody but SouthShoreSamurai's votes in, August the 20th is the winner with 12 (technically 11) votes. Next highest date only has 9 so one more vote won't change things. Gonna officially set the date on ESPN.

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

Hell yeah.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Does anyone have experience shipping alcohol out of Massachusetts? It's technically illegal here, so haven't done it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Does anyone have experience shipping alcohol out of Massachusetts? It's technically illegal here, so haven't done it.

Fellow Masshole here. Been in the league for five years and never had any issues with it.

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

Does the league use a chat channel for draft night/in-season fun laughs good times trash talk or pretty much stick to the thread?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Draft night we usually use the chat built into the draft room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Fellow Masshole here. Been in the league for five years and never had any issues with it.

Nice. You just roll into your local UPS store and drop off a (properly packaged) case of beer?