Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

:siren:Shipping assignment time!:siren: A reminder that beer boxes are due out shortly after the league ends, with this year's target date being before February 4, 2024. I understand life gets in the way but do your best to get it there before the Super Bowl!

1: Ayudo (Gose the Distance) 5 boxes
- Coronaball
- Zam
- Funkybottoms
- Thom and the Heads
- Quiet Feet

2: Zam (Blasting Tapes) 3 boxes
- Wild Man of Yolo
- Worthleast
- Ayudo

3: Worthleast (Seven-Round Mock Draught) 3 boxes total: 2 for 3rd place finish and 1 for hi-score
- YamataNoOrochi
- Veritek83
- SouthshoreSamurai

4: Quiet Feet (Gofftoberfest) 1 box
- Gaston Bachelard

Y'know, it wasn't even that bad this year. 2/3ds of the prize beer was allocated to the middle of the country, which means just about every box is being shipped only halfway around the US instead of from one coast to another. And Zzzam's 3 perfectly aligned with our midwestern...ish contingent, so I figured I'd save us all just a little shipping money this year. Gaston Bachelard's is going a whopping two states.

Shippers, now is a good time to talk to your recipients to see if they have any specific requests. Recipients, if you have any strong preferences or dislikes, now would be a good time to voice them.

I used to ask for shipping receipts sent to me as well and, not to put to fine a point on it, most folks just haven't been. We're all adults, and most of us have been in this league a long time so I think we can nix this step. Do, of course, send your recipient a tracking number!

Once again, congrats to all of our winners and thank you to everyone who took part! Looking forward to next year! :guinness:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
thanks again for running things!

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Yeah, thanks for commishing. This is easily my best run league every year.

Quiet Feet posted:

:siren:Shipping assignment time!:siren: A reminder that beer boxes are due out shortly after the league ends, with this year's target date being before February 4, 2024. I understand life gets in the way but do your best to get it there before the Super Bowl!

1: Ayudo (Gose the Distance) 5 boxes
- Coronaball
- Zam
- Funkybottoms
- Thom and the Heads
- Quiet Feet

Just wanted to post beer preferences here.

I don't really have any dislikes with beer, but I've taken an interest in central European and old world styles. So, feel free to include a good Gose or Berliner Weisse if available.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Can't believe you didn't just have us meet in Boston or something to exchange (and drink) a box. :cheersdoge:

Thanks for running it, was a good year all.

Worthleast shoot me a DM on your preferences.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Thanks for running things commish! This is such a fun league.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Thank you for running everything Quiet Feet - always a great league! Congratulations to all who won boxes this year!

Just a reminder that there's a lot of very cold temps across the country right now, and make sure to consider that prior to shipping. It's actually cold here in CA, so it's something I have to actually pay attention to for once.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Can't believe you didn't just have us meet in Boston or something to exchange (and drink) a box. :cheersdoge:

Thanks for running it, was a good year all.

Worthleast shoot me a DM on your preferences.

Y'know, it is a funny thought but not even really a bad idea depending on where you are. Mass has tons of little breweries and I'm sure we've both found niche spots the other one hasn't. Anyway, as fellow Massholes we'll have to grab a beer some time and exchange Sam Adams mix packs. :cheersdoge:

Ayudo, your box is on the way!

Also thanks to Gaston Bachelard for the quick shipping turnaround!

How's everyone else doing?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
If you haven't had tequila flights at a niche Mexican restaurant in Somerville, then are you even truly alive?

I'm up by the NH border now. Less micro-breweries in walking distance, but a lot more land to burn things in a pit whilst drinking. :banjo:

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
about half of the beers acquired, but I want to wait to ship until middle of next week to avoid some low temps/ugly weather that supposed to be coming through

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Veritek83 posted:

about half of the beers acquired, but I want to wait to ship until middle of next week to avoid some low temps/ugly weather that supposed to be coming through

Same situation here. Gonna hit 3-4 places this weekend and ship next week.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I have the stock, but it's going to be below freezing here for the next couple weeks. I know that sometimes Fedex/UPS cans sit on the tarmacs for decent amounts of time, so I'm not sure it's worth the risk.

I'm also trying to get a couple of the PCMs and cold-chain boxes I used to use at my old job. Those would go a long way towards ensuring the beer doesn't freeze.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

My box has been sent to Zam and should arrive by Wednesday.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Veritek83 posted:

same. picked up a few things that actually turned out to be Not Good, so i've gotta hit up some spots this weekend

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I have the stock, but it's going to be below freezing here for the next couple weeks. I know that sometimes Fedex/UPS cans sit on the tarmacs for decent amounts of time, so I'm not sure it's worth the risk.

I'm also trying to get a couple of the PCMs and cold-chain boxes I used to use at my old job. Those would go a long way towards ensuring the beer doesn't freeze.

Hadn't even thought about that. Well, it's been warm here for the last few days and my package to Ayudo is heading south so hopefully it'll be fine. Everyone in cold places, stay safe!

Also Gastonbachelard's box arrived yesterday! Will have a pic up soon.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Sent Ayudo his box today! Beers should be nice and chilled by the time they get there!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Pic time!

Hellyes Helles lager
Monongalator doppelbock
Dallas Sucks pale ale x3
Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin
Weyerbacher Sunday Morning Stout
Weyerbacher Quad
Saison Du Mon
The Other Side of Despair bourbon barrel-aged barley wine

Thank you very much to Gastonbachelard! This is a great mix of new things to try and some beers I've been missing. Hoping Dallas Sucks will pair well with the Packers/Cowboys game later today. :cheerdoge:

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

When the image is new, the world is new.
I usually relegate myself to the hipster hophead bullshit so it was fun to pick out some different things. I know the pumpkin is amusingly out of season but you requested Weyerbacher and it was right there and so there ya go, haha. Curious what you end up thinking about that Imprint barleywine. Enjoy! Dallas sucks!

Gaston Bachelard fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 14, 2024

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Oh my god it worked :stare:

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

You’re welcome, America

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Just finished picking everything up for Zam!, just waiting for this cold snap to pass before shipping it off later this week.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

First box arrived! from Worthleast!

Huge assortment of local beers from Kansas City - and all new to me! Looking forward to trying everything! Thank you!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Zam posted:

Huge assortment of local beers from Kansas City - and all new to me! Looking forward to trying everything! Thank you!

Holy poo poo that's a lot of beer.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Zam posted:

Serves you right for beating me in the playoffs. Cheers!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Zam posted:

That's awesome.

The cold snap here ends Monday, so that's when mine will go out.

Is it possible for people to take a picture of their boxing before it goes out, just so I could see how you packed it? I'm a nervous babby and ordered a box specifically for this, but it was kinda expensive.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Just checked tracking and the box I sent Ayudo is out for delivery today. It spent three days of this past week in Illinois, so :ohdear:

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
My box for Ayudo is also out for delivery today - it's the repurposed Target box. Hopefully everything survived!

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

Zam posted:

whoa

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
My first two boxes are here!

From Thom and the Heads:

From Quiet Feet:

Everything looks like it survived the trip without issue, and I'm excited to try everything. Thank you both!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Ayudo posted:

My first two boxes are here!

From Thom and the Heads:

From Quiet Feet:

Everything looks like it survived the trip without issue, and I'm excited to try everything. Thank you both!

Glad it got there intact!

I'd been trying to send that Andrew Luck puzzle to someone for three years now and every singly year before I've had the box all taped up before I remembered. :argh:

I think my goal next year is to send all new stuff to whoever gets it. I don't really have the time or headspace these days to get out to new breweries so I lean on a lot of favorites year after year. I guess it's fine if my recipient changes all the time but I wanna branch out. And granted, some of those favorites are really good.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
A very impressive selection of beers from funkybottoms:

The wife and I are definitely looking forward to breaking into the 750ml farmhouse cider and saison.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Ayudo posted:

The wife and I are definitely looking forward to breaking into the 750ml farmhouse cider and saison.

potter's is fantastic and i generally try to include something from them in these boxes; doesn't hurt that it serms to make the significant others happy, too. the label on the veil beer is impossible to read, so that's a delicious cherry mixed-fermentation collab with fonta flora. try not to spam my own stuff, but the dunkel is one of my favorites, and i have no idea what i didn't send instead of a second legend brown, which is the iconic richmond beer. cheers!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Ayudo posted:

It was like I've seen that Hardywood gingerbread stout before but now I'm wondering if it was just in a previous year's picture from this league. I'd love to try that.

Also

Special thanks again to GastonBachelard for sending a couple more bottles, which you totally did not have to do. Thats an Anatta Saison and a Double Barrel Gmork, both by a place called Forest & Main. The box you sent was totally good but I really appreciate the extra thought. :)

Everyone else doing alright? We've still got two weeks, so no pressure.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
My box to Worthleast is on its way and should be delivered this week. To a... *checks notes*... church. o.O

In other news, between the beer, boxes, and shipping, this is now considered my BML lol. :beerpal:

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Niners fan living in KC here.

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

Worthleast posted:

Niners fan living in KC here.

Hell yeah. Cheers Niners fam.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Quiet Feet posted:

It was like I've seen that Hardywood gingerbread stout before but now I'm wondering if it was just in a previous year's picture from this league. I'd love to try that.

it's an iconic rva beer, so i think i've included it in every ff box i've sent out (along with legend brown). happy to mule or trade for shelf stuff; i think the ba version is still kicking around

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

funkybottoms posted:

it's an iconic rva beer, so i think i've included it in every ff box i've sent out (along with legend brown). happy to mule or trade for shelf stuff; i think the ba version is still kicking around

I've definitely sent it before, more than once.

My box to Worthleast is going to FedEx tomorrow

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I just realized that Worthleast is the one that took over my high score of the year, by beating me with that score. And then I had to send him a box of beer for it.

Well played, commish. Well played.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

First box arrived from SouthShoreSamurai and it's a big one! Look at all these IPAs!

Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Second box arrived from Ayudo!

A variety of beers from the NOLA area. Very excited to open these while cheering on SF! Cheers!