Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JERICHO VS KOMANDER 0 0%
SAMMY AND DANNY VS CASSIDY AND DARBY 8 11.59%
MAX AND ADAM VS BRIAN AND BIG 24 34.78%
RUBY VS SKYE 1 1.45%
NICK VS SWERVE 36 52.17%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Mr. Squishy posted:

When crowds first came back, the varsity blonds were really over with the crowd. Both them and the Acclaimed got really big reactions, and I was pleased but surprised by both of them. That was definitely the high water mark for BPJ in AEW though.

The Varsity Blonds were the means by which a real star, Julia Hart, got established in AEW and for that they deserve our gratitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

Gosh the story of handing her over was interminable though.

It dragged for sure but the payoff was amazing.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Squall posted:

Sad, corrupted Julia just sitting on the ring steps during some of their matches, not responding to anything was funny as heck.

Now that I think about it, the way it seemed to drag actually made me start to doubt if the turn was actually going to happen, or if she was just going to sulk at ringside forever (which was, indeed, very funny) and that sort of, not suspense really but I can't think of a better word for it, is unusual in AEW and now that it's all said and done, it was good.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

explosivo posted:

I think it was a super high profile signing, AEW just had no idea how to capitalize on it.

A big signing and a good signing are not mutually inclusive, much like being high-profile and good are. Saraya is proof of both of those, sadly.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Shard posted:

I was hoping we'd start seeing more of Ethan after his match with Max.

I presume that will get picked up again now that AEW is back in a country Jeff Hardy can enter.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Jiro posted:

His arm is still injured isn't it? Last BTE it was shown still in that sleeve cause it's some sort of muscle tear if I'm not mistaken.

He had a bicep tear a while back but opted for non-surgical treatments that got him back in action much faster than expected but he's been wearing the sleeve ever since, which seems reasonable.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

rotinaj posted:

Nick Jackson is the better of the bucks IMO

This is not an opinion, this is a fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

The Taxman posted:

Somebody get on tips for identifying The Boys, they are still an enigma to me

I'm pretty sure that Brent is the one with the red streak in his hair but I'm not 100% on that because it's a pretty weak mnemonic device but also an insufficiently stupid one, which I find to be the most effective.