Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
Hello I walk unnescrilay at a brisk pace and it's annoying as hell tbh!!!!

What does one do when stuck behind a slow walker in a narrow hallway?? Does one match thine pace to slow down behind them (which is tricky) or offer a brisk 'scue me' and just squeeze past them in an amorphous blob-like type form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
From years of working restaurants I've always had a pretty brisk walk.

Lately, I just move to the music of the world. If someone slows down, I'll slow down. I have nowhere to be. Plus there's a chance they'll do something interesting and I'll get to see it.

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

Viginti Septem posted:

From years of working restaurants I've always had a pretty brisk walk.

Lately, I just move to the music of the world. If someone slows down, I'll slow down. I have nowhere to be. Plus there's a chance they'll do something interesting and I'll get to see it.

aaa I just feel like an over-eager-beaver dork bcz I'm *always* the one walking faster and have trouble slowing down; and inevitable catch up with whomst is in front of me :cry:

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Gaylor Moon posted:

inevitable catch up with whomst is in front of me :cry:

That's why you "serpentine", so you never catch up to them!

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Overdog

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Why did the turtle cross the road?

To get the shell station

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Macnult

i walk at a reasonable pace but when you’re given the opportunity to swim move past someone you take it

Pajser
Just start sprinting, i do that and everyone moves to the side like im a truck

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I stand and mosey for a living so I'm the slow guy now. however I used to be swift so I am always ready and willing to be passed. just use the fast lane on my left pls

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

peachy...

~hey~
I'm a speed demon. Get out of my way

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

Viginti Septem posted:

That's why you "serpentine", so you never catch up to them!

oooo I will have to put this into practice....

peachy... posted:

I'm a speed demon. Get out of my way

see? it's a curse but it's whats been bestowed upon on 😔

peachy...

~hey~
Following the proper racing line to go from my desk to the break room

treasure bear

i run up stairs/slopes because i want to be going at a constant speed on the ground plane ignoring the z axis so i travel at a faster diagonal speed

peachy...

~hey~
I appreciate slow walkers, since I can use the slipstream effect to get a temporary boost

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

peachy... posted:

I appreciate slow walkers, since I can use the slipstream effect to get a temporary boost

:same: but sometimes they be hidin that red turtle shell with the L button :ohdear:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

peachy...

~hey~
They can "red shell" all they like. They know they are slower, and that knowledge will eat at their souls

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i prefer the slow walkers from the old romero films

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Quadramind

I walk one leg fast
And one leg slow
Oh, the places I fail to go

Ass-penny

Nosfereefer posted:

i prefer the slow walkers from the old romero films

Ass-penny

another mostly fast walker here. walking slow is really hard lol I will trip if I don't stride

FutonForensic

treasure bear posted:

i run up stairs/slopes because i want to be going at a constant speed on the ground plane ignoring the z axis so i travel at a faster diagonal speed

this is the real poo poo right here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs

when I walk with my wife its like in a videogame where you're walking with an npc but they walk faster than your walk speed and slower than your run speed