Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
https://bdata-producedclips.mlb.com/63420c4a-c2cc-48b0-8107-62f9ebe99237.mp4

This is the double steal in yesterday's mariners game

Julio so fast.

E: Posted earlier but I missed it. Oh well watch it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This is like an 18 month tour huh?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well Played Mauer posted:

It’s like Fox News and the Ministry of Truth had an underperforming baby

David Cone arguing that if most of the Yankees struggling and that Boone managing them to an above .500 just out of the playoffs spot is a good job is a debatable argument not some Fox News bullshit.

A lot of the criticism of the Yankees feels like the kind of right wing "strong man" stuff. The Yankees are simultaneously so terribly built everyone should be fired for it but also such underperformers everyone should be fired for it. They're somehow both too good to be this bad and too bad to be this good. I saw a really dumb argument on MLBN last night where they were all going on about how the Yankees were done and terrible and would never hit again after showing the highlights of the win. And then they were like "oh, we're saying they're so bad but they are over .500 and just out of the playoffs." They never got through the cognitive dissonance of that but I think that's the big thing about this Yankees team. They don't fit neatly into "so terrible" or "real good." They're a confusing mess of a team. Its guys who were signed after MVP seasons not performing and pitchers who can throw like top line starters injured or struggling. There's no clear or simple answer. Its entirely possible that Stanton and DJLM will start hitting and Rodon and Cortes will pitch well and they'll go on a run to end the season. Its also highly plausible they won't and they'll finish 10 out of the playoffs. But fans and pundits don't like saying "I don't know." They wanna declare everything one way or another and scream and yell. So the Yankees are simultaneously the worst team that ever played that has no chance of turning it around and also huge underachievers who should be laughed at for sucking so much.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Can you name a position player the Yankees have produced this century that has contributed substantial WAR for them other than Robinson Cano and Aaron Judge either in the international pool or the draft? This is basically what is driving everything because they NEVER produce players and are always out in the FA market getting old guys who might be good for a few years but are on the down end of their careers and always are going to get paid more than they are worth on the back end. I think the fact that they have stopped trying to get lefty hitters in the last 5 years is also more of an issue than I thought.

People are so pissed about the Yankees because A) the team sucks and is boring as gently caress. B)they don't look like they have a future pipeline of good players other than judge and cole for people to put their hopes on C) Hal doesn't seem to have any clue why those things aren't good. D)despite all this they are incredibly arrogant and seem clueless about how bad their franchise is right now.

You get pissed whenever anyone says this but your only argument to be optimistic about the Yankees is "maybe old guys who are playing like utter dogshit and look done and are signed for the next billion years are going to get good again"

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

mcmagic posted:

Can you name a position player the Yankees have produced this century that has contributed substantial WAR for them other than Robinson Cano and Aaron Judge either in the international pool or the draft? This is basically what is driving everything because they NEVER produce players and are always out in the FA market getting old guys who might be good for a few years but are on the down end of their careers and always are going to get paid more than they are worth on the back end. I think the fact that they have stopped trying to get lefty hitters in the last 5 years is also more of an issue than I thought.

People are so pissed about the Yankees because A) the team sucks and is boring as gently caress. B)they don't look like they have a future pipeline of good players other than judge and cole for people to put their hopes on C) Hal doesn't seem to have any clue why those things aren't good. D)despite all this they are incredibly arrogant and seem clueless about how bad their franchise is right now.

You get pissed whenever anyone says this but your only argument to be optimistic about the Yankees is "maybe old guys who are playing like utter dogshit and look done and are signed for the next billion years are going to get good again"

Gary Sanchez (lol)

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Cashman put together a very flawed roster full of holes with a lot of money. They needed a left fielder and in the offseason just punted it to the trade deadline and went "idk, we'll figure it out later?", later then arrived, nothing happened and his answer is "no budget, we tried" like that is supposed to absolve him. There's "no budget" because Hal is cheap but you are the one who built a 280 million dollar roster without even filling a position, never mind that the rotation, catcher, and 3rd base were also big problem areas.

That's not even getting into how awful his recent trades have been, and the complete lack of player development OR major league development. Guys like Gray came here, sucked rear end, and then immediately went back to pitching fine elsewhere. Cashman put all these people into place

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
There aren't any mid tier guys to sign or trade for because the Angels are hoarding them all on the IL.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Joey Gallo was a very good player right up until the instant he was traded to the Yankees. From this data point, the only logical conclusion is that the Yankees clubhouse is a toxic work environment and the club should be disbanded and its existence stricken from history.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
So is Skip Schumaker going to win Manage of the Year for the NL?

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Popete posted:

A strong argument can be made for Bell.
Ng probably wins whatever the gently caress the FO award is called.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Joey Gallo was a very good player right up until the instant he was traded to the Yankees. From this data point, the only logical conclusion is that the Yankees clubhouse is a toxic work environment and the club should be disbanded and its existence stricken from history.

Joey Gallo has been mediocre for the 2 teams he's been on since he left the Yankees too. Though not quite as awful as he was as a Yankee.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

mcmagic posted:

Despite my better judgment I'll engage.

What's the rules for finding players who have contributed? How long did they have to contribute and how long did they have to be in Yankee development? Gary Sanchez? Dellin Betances? Nestor Cortes? Severino? Is the question "how many sustained stars have the Yankees developed?" Does draft position for a team that's made the playoffs more than anyone else in that period factor in at all?

So you're against free agent signings? But we're also mad they didn't sign a big contract free agent SS or LFer? I recall you advocating for both Carlos Correa and Patrick Corbin for chrisakes. Clearly this isn't an exact science and I'm not even calling you out for being wrong about guys. I'm saying this fan pretending they know everything thing is tired.

Nestor Cortes is an "old guy"? I didn't even argue to be optimistic. You're making poo poo up as always. I literally argued "who the gently caress knows?" If you're gonna sit here and tell me there's no way Rodon will pitch like he did last year or Stanton can go on a hot streak than you're even more full of poo poo than I thought. Of course there's no guarantee or even implication that this will happen. I don't know. I didn't say "it will happen". I didn't say "I'm optimistic it will happen." I said its plausible and I don't know how it will happen.

Nodoze posted:

Cashman put together a very flawed roster full of holes with a lot of money. They needed a left fielder and in the offseason just punted it to the trade deadline and went "idk, we'll figure it out later?", later then arrived, nothing happened and his answer is "no budget, we tried" like that is supposed to absolve him. There's "no budget" because Hal is cheap but you are the one who built a 280 million dollar roster without even filling a position, never mind that the rotation, catcher, and 3rd base were also big problem areas.

That's not even getting into how awful his recent trades have been, and the complete lack of player development OR major league development. Guys like Gray came here, sucked rear end, and then immediately went back to pitching fine elsewhere. Cashman put all these people into place

I don't disagree that this team is very flawed. How could I? But I think like we're engaging in a lot of hindsight. Sure there's foreseeable things like the back end of long contracts or Rodon's injury history but like did anyone think it was a bad idea to acquire Stanton coming off a MVP season or re-sign LeMahieu coming off two seasons where he finished 4th and 3rd in MVP voting? These clearly haven't worked out and its very easy for people to say they knew it would because they're old just as its easy for them to ignore when they liked deals or when they made false predictions like how Stanton's deal would mean they couldn't resign Judge.

I don't think Yankee fans need to feel good about this team and I especially don't think they need to feel better about this team post nothing deadline. But who was the LFer the Yankees were gonna get in the winter or especially this week? Yes, the Yankees do need one. But who the hell is it? They reportedly pursued Yoshida but thought he was getting overpayed. They might have been wrong on that one but it hardly seemed like an unreasonable opinion 6 months ago, did it? We can't just be mad that they didn't sign Bryce Harper 4-5 years ago for the exact kind of monster contract into his later years that Stanton or LeMahieu have. We can't just play the game where we pretend the Yankees could have traded for Juan Soto with their reservoir of prospects from the system that doesn't develop prospects but simply chose not to. And like how is it Cashman's fault for Gray underperforming in NY? He's not the coach or player.

I'm not arguing for Cashman or Boone's jobs. Honestly I'm pretty neutral on both and honestly if the Yankees miss the playoffs theres a good chance Boone gets scapegoated anyway since its half the reason a manager has a job. I just think histrionic fans are wasting their energy out of a desire to engage in "misery loves company" and really if baseball makes you THIS angry you should just do anything else. Baseball will still be there later.

But what do we do with this team? Fire Boone for not managing a badly constructed team to better than 3.5 out of the playoffs in August. Fire Cashman for not building a contending team for the 25th season in a row. What then? This is always my problem with Yankee fans. Its a lot fo yelling but rarely anything resembling a reasonable solution. A lot of finger pointing and wanting heads to roll. But Stanton and LeMahieu are here and not going anywhere. Luis Severino is what he is. The available players off the Yankees are who they are. Even looking into free agency aside from the obvious Ohtani path I don't even really see what the Yankees do. Maybe go after Chapman? I dunno. But this team isn't being fixed by some easy, savvy move. Maybe its Cashman's fault? Sure. The buck has to stop somewhere and if gets the credit for the good he gets it for the bad. But you still need a plan going forward. Or just a plan for today. And right now the plan the Yankees have is clearly "we couldn't get any decent prospects selling and we couldn't make any real upgrades buying so we're gonna play this out." And personally I can't argue. Its not a fun or strong plan but I don't see the better one.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

What's the rules for finding players who have contributed? How long did they have to contribute and how long did they have to be in Yankee development? Gary Sanchez? Dellin Betances? Nestor Cortes? Severino? Is the question "how many sustained stars have the Yankees developed?" Does draft position for a team that's made the playoffs more than anyone else in that period factor in at all?

So you're against free agent signings? But we're also mad they didn't sign a big contract free agent SS or LFer? I recall you advocating for both Carlos Correa and Patrick Corbin for chrisakes. Clearly this isn't an exact science and I'm not even calling you out for being wrong about guys. I'm saying this fan pretending they know everything thing is tired.

Nestor Cortes is an "old guy"? I didn't even argue to be optimistic. You're making poo poo up as always. I literally argued "who the gently caress knows?" If you're gonna sit here and tell me there's no way Rodon will pitch like he did last year or Stanton can go on a hot streak than you're even more full of poo poo than I thought. Of course there's no guarantee or even implication that this will happen. I don't know. I didn't say "it will happen". I didn't say "I'm optimistic it will happen." I said its plausible and I don't know how it will happen.

I don't disagree that this team is very flawed. How could I? But I think like we're engaging in a lot of hindsight. Sure there's foreseeable things like the back end of long contracts or Rodon's injury history but like did anyone think it was a bad idea to acquire Stanton coming off a MVP season or re-sign LeMahieu coming off two seasons where he finished 4th and 3rd in MVP voting? These clearly haven't worked out and its very easy for people to say they knew it would because they're old just as its easy for them to ignore when they liked deals or when they made false predictions like how Stanton's deal would mean they couldn't resign Judge.

I don't think Yankee fans need to feel good about this team and I especially don't think they need to feel better about this team post nothing deadline. But who was the LFer the Yankees were gonna get in the winter or especially this week? Yes, the Yankees do need one. But who the hell is it? They reportedly pursued Yoshida but thought he was getting overpayed. They might have been wrong on that one but it hardly seemed like an unreasonable opinion 6 months ago, did it? We can't just be mad that they didn't sign Bryce Harper 4-5 years ago for the exact kind of monster contract into his later years that Stanton or LeMahieu have. We can't just play the game where we pretend the Yankees could have traded for Juan Soto with their reservoir of prospects from the system that doesn't develop prospects but simply chose not to. And like how is it Cashman's fault for Gray underperforming in NY? He's not the coach or player.

I'm not arguing for Cashman or Boone's jobs. Honestly I'm pretty neutral on both and honestly if the Yankees miss the playoffs theres a good chance Boone gets scapegoated anyway since its half the reason a manager has a job. I just think histrionic fans are wasting their energy out of a desire to engage in "misery loves company" and really if baseball makes you THIS angry you should just do anything else. Baseball will still be there later.

But what do we do with this team? Fire Boone for not managing a badly constructed team to better than 3.5 out of the playoffs in August. Fire Cashman for not building a contending team for the 25th season in a row. What then? This is always my problem with Yankee fans. Its a lot fo yelling but rarely anything resembling a reasonable solution. A lot of finger pointing and wanting heads to roll. But Stanton and LeMahieu are here and not going anywhere. Luis Severino is what he is. The available players off the Yankees are who they are. Even looking into free agency aside from the obvious Ohtani path I don't even really see what the Yankees do. Maybe go after Chapman? I dunno. But this team isn't being fixed by some easy, savvy move. Maybe its Cashman's fault? Sure. The buck has to stop somewhere and if gets the credit for the good he gets it for the bad. But you still need a plan going forward. Or just a plan for today. And right now the plan the Yankees have is clearly "we couldn't get any decent prospects selling and we couldn't make any real upgrades buying so we're gonna play this out." And personally I can't argue. Its not a fun or strong plan but I don't see the better one.

What hindsight am I engaging in? The only one that could fall under that is Stanton

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Popete posted:

I don't know if there is a specific name for it but the runner from 1st is intentionally trying to get in a run down to allow the runner from 3rd to break for home. It's a cool play and you don't see it all the time in MLB because it requires good timing and generally at that level guys have seen that play enough they know how to execute to prevent it but I personally don't think of it as the same thing as stealing home.

It works extremely well in a lot of old baseball video games, but I remember specifically in the game Bases Loaded on NES, if you had runners at the corners and tried to steal second against a CPU player, the catcher would never even attempt a throw to 2B because it was worried about the runner on 3rd.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

A few things here. I specifically said position players. The Yankees have been OK at developing pitching and I didn't say otherwise. Sanchez is a weird situation because he was a good player right when he came up, regressed HARD and was traded for nothing. If you want to include him that is fine but he's also a failure on the player development side as a guy who got way worse after coming up to the majors.

quote:

I don't know why you're so insistent on saying "if fans wanted a guy that absolves blame if it doesn't work out".... The GM of the team is responsible for the moves he makes no matter if fans think it was a good move or not. Can you rationalize individual moves? Sure but the performance of the team and their outlook for the future is both dogshit and it's a results based.

It's also just obvious to everyone that Boone is a horrible manager and as I always say, the Yankees don't really have to have a manager that terrible if they don't want to but I also think a manager makes only a marginal difference so I'm way less worked up about Boone than Cashman. The buck stops with him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nodoze posted:

What hindsight am I engaging in? The only one that could fall under that is Stanton

That is one I was right about at the time lol

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nodoze posted:

I'm speaking more broadly so I apologize if it seemed like I was directly calling you out.

The Stanton and LeMahieu deals very much seem like hindsight ones to me with much of the fanbase. And at the core they're kind of the big problem with this team since they make up a core of the lineup that isn't going anywhere but clearly aren't producing as expected and its reasonable to be concerned they never will again. A lot of the other problems are situational ones. They made moves last year to try and strengthen their defense instead of going after a big SS as many fans wanted because they were looking to Volpe/Peraza. They have made a couple of goes at getting mid tier OFers to help them out in Bader and Benintendi but clearly haven't seen a better option while also not really being sure how Stanton or until recently Hicks fit into this. Now Hicks is a deal you can fairly put on Cashman's feet, I think. He's a guy Cashman believed a lot in, invested a lot in, and it just became an albatross well past the point it was clear he wasn't producing. But again. I don't see the fix here. Do you? I'm open to it. As I said maybe they should have good harder for Yoshida despite their misgivings? Maybe they should have gone all in on Harper? I dunno. Those don't feel like slam dunk arguments for me. But I'm open.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Popete posted:

David Ross will win it when Belli and Morel combine for 80 homers over the next two months.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Incitatus posted:

Elias in Baltimore

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mcmagic posted:

Joey Gallo has been mediocre for the 2 teams he's been on since he left the Yankees too.

I'm pretty sure that is part of their point about the Yankees breaking him

Also let's not try to be nice he has been absolute dogshit on the Twins

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I'm speaking more broadly so I apologize if it seemed like I was directly calling you out.

The Stanton and LeMahieu deals very much seem like hindsight ones to me with much of the fanbase. And at the core they're kind of the big problem with this team since they make up a core of the lineup that isn't going anywhere but clearly aren't producing as expected and its reasonable to be concerned they never will again. A lot of the other problems are situational ones. They made moves last year to try and strengthen their defense instead of going after a big SS as many fans wanted because they were looking to Volpe/Peraza. They have made a couple of goes at getting mid tier OFers to help them out in Bader and Benintendi but clearly haven't seen a better option while also not really being sure how Stanton or until recently Hicks fit into this. Now Hicks is a deal you can fairly put on Cashman's feet, I think. He's a guy Cashman believed a lot in, invested a lot in, and it just became an albatross well past the point it was clear he wasn't producing. But again. I don't see the fix here. Do you? I'm open to it. As I said maybe they should have good harder for Yoshida despite their misgivings? Maybe they should have gone all in on Harper? I dunno. Those don't feel like slam dunk arguments for me. But I'm open.

Again dude, it's OK to look at the birds eye view of how the state of the team is going and acknowledge that it's horrible and blame the guy whose job it is to manage that is paid 5-6 million a year to do that without relitigating every single move. It's just blatantly a franchise that isn't well run and isn't going in the right direction.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

here is some positive Twins news

https://twitter.com/aarongleeman/status/1687116779104124928

https://twitter.com/TwinsPlayerDev/status/1687139621623267328

Depending on how Lee does for the Saints and how the offseason shakes out I feel like it's not unrealistic that we could see him on the team either to start the year or once we hit the proper service time fuckery date

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

IcePhoenix posted:

here is some positive Twins news

https://twitter.com/aarongleeman/status/1687116779104124928

Depending on how Lee does for the Saints and how the offseason shakes out I feel like it's not unrealistic that we could see him on the team either to start the year or once we hit the proper service time fuckery date

that '22 draft was completely stacked. Gonna be really fun to see a lot of these guys start to trickle into the majors.

EDIT: The Cubs first and second rounders in 2022 threw (combined, in separate games) 7.1 innings yesterday for 2 hits, 2 walks, 1 run, and 15 Ks

Poque fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 3, 2023

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Incitatus posted:

With how muddled the NL is, I could see Snitker getting some votes for setting the Braves on cruise control

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

With how muddled the NL is, I could see Snitker getting some votes for setting the Braves on cruise control

true, but he basically added mayonnaise to chicken to make chicken salad.
there's a couple managers who have made that chicken salad from chickenshit

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Reading this page and imagining the posting if the Yankees ever manage to finish under .500

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Poque posted:

that '22 draft was completely stacked. Gonna be really fun to see a lot of these guys start to trickle into the majors.

EDIT: The Cubs first and second rounders in 2022 threw (combined, in separate games) 7.1 innings yesterday for 2 hits, 2 walks, 1 run, and 15 Ks

I'm extra pumped because I'm gonna be at a game on the tenth so I get to see him play (I hope)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bawfuls posted:

Reading this page and imagining the posting if the Yankees ever manage to finish under .500

https://twitter.com/ClassicShelb/status/1686871010010595328

Lol yeah

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bawfuls posted:

I honestly don’t know what this generation of Yankee fans would do with an actual losing season. A lot of this is just a generation of fans who got used to being smug over everyone else now having a really hard time not being able to. And no doubt all the haters would be as smug and obnoxious as humanly possible if the Yankees ever did truly suck. At least until those fans got over it.

Basically this. I don’t understand what the appeal of sports are if they do this to you. And I’m a Jets/Knicks fan.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Poque posted:

It's a good thing Horton has been such a success so far because at the time it looked like quite the quixotic move to pass up Lee for him.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
congrats to yankees fan posters on being giant dweebs, you did it.

here's something actually constructive and good for discussion, will the Cubs score less than 10 runs a game ever again? all signs are pointing to "no" and "lol, absolutely not". incredible and not surprising development

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
I will be at the game tonight, so I'm sorry in advance if the Cubs lose all ability to hit.

However, this season the Cubs are 5-0 in games I've attended in person, so hopefully that trend will continue.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Angel's back

Nats broadcasters were livid about the bottom of the zone too

https://twitter.com/UmpireAuditor/status/1687072572406386689

Also per SNY:

quote:

On Tuesday evening of this week, German grew belligerent while in the clubhouse at Yankee Stadium, though there is no word of an altercation with a teammate or other individuals. Witnesses determined that German was under the influence of alcohol and did not appear in control of his emotions.

They're also saying it didn't have anything to do with the armpit shenanigans

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

bawfuls posted:

They have the best pitcher in baseball and 100ish games of the best hitter in baseball. That probably gets you to 80 wins.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

mcmagic posted:

They have the best pitcher in baseball and 100ish games of the best hitter in baseball. That probably gets you to 80 wins.

when did the yankees sign ohtani?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Man, I haven't followed baseball discourse online in a long time and for got how wild the trade deadline is with fans/reporters/talking heads all just making up scenarios and then getting angry when their GM doesn't pull off whatever trade they would've made in MVP Baseball

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mcmagic posted:

hey now, the 82-win 2011 Dodgers also got pretty good years out of Hiroki Kuroda and James Loney, it wasn’t all on Kemp and Kershaw

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
https://twitter.com/tai_walker/status/1687087173458128896?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw

I don’t know the context, but I do like tacos

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

bawfuls posted:

hey now, the 82-win 2011 Dodgers also got pretty good years out of Hiroki Kuroda and James Loney, it wasn’t all on Kemp and Kershaw

I miss Hiroki Kuroda :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

zoux posted:

Angel's back

Nats broadcasters were livid about the bottom of the zone too

https://twitter.com/UmpireAuditor/status/1687072572406386689

Also per SNY:

They're also saying it didn't have anything to do with the armpit shenanigans