Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Let's cut to Mac Jones in the green room. (Fate Accomplice you're up.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Docjowles posted:

The Pats fan boldly selects… Geno Smith. Who will finish the season with not only more MVP votes than Russell Wilson but more MVP awards :smugdog:

much like Gregg "60% G" Rosenthal I'd planned on "sippin' on vino, checkin' on Geno" this season

TheBizzness posted:

I will take Ryan Tannehill QB Tennessee Titans

this was gonna be my next choice.

with the 7th pick in the AFCE Fantasy League, the GO AWAY GATIN's select Michael McCorkle "Mac" Jones of the 2023-2024 NFL Super Bowl champion New England Patriots.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Gotta go with the obvious choice now that the QBs are all off the board.

With the 8th pick in the AFC EAST FFL draft, the 1990 New England Patriots select, Stefon Diggs, WR, Buffalo.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Are trades allowed?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

TheBizzness posted:

Are trades allowed?

Nah, don't want to deal with the logistics.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
*screams from the mountaintops*

I'm taking Garrett Wilson, WR, NYJ

this was actually a harder pick than i expected

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Don't want to tip my hand too hard but board's not falling in exactly the way I expected it to.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere after you make your pick, keep checking back. I have a list of tarbrush's picks so four picks will happen in rapid succession and you'll be on the clock again.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
With the 10th pick in the draft, Zappe Hour selects, Rhamondre Stevenson, running back, New England Patriots.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Okay, whole host of picks incoming…

1.11 tarbrush - Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, ex-NE
1.12 fsif - Jaylen Waddle, WR, MIA
2.01 fsif - Breece Hall, RB, NYJ
2.02 tarbrush - Raheem Mostert, RB, MIA

IPS's turn again.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Gonna be a desolate wasteland by the end of the second round

Nov 6, 2002

Busy for a bit. I'll try to get the pick in before 9.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mr. Friday Night Plans over here.

Nov 6, 2002

With the 3rd pick in the 2nd round, Zappe Hour selects Brandin Cooks, WR, ex-NE.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Two straight Cooks. I’m taking James Cook, RB, BUF.

Dalvin Cook should be picked next, god willing

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Gonna be a desolate wasteland by the end of the second round

I think we're generally good on normal fantasy players until the end of the third. Fourth round we're starting to take a look at WR5s we saw make catches in the preseason.

And a bit surprised Jimmy slipped as far as he did.

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

I think we're generally good on normal fantasy players until the end of the third. Fourth round we're starting to take a look at WR5s we saw make catches in the preseason.

And a bit surprised Jimmy slipped as far as he did.

Slippin' Jimmy is not long for this world.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

If we draft a roster bubble guy on an AFCE team and he gets cut before the season, but eventually signs elsewhere, would the points on his new team count? The way I read OP it sounds like yes but just wanted to confirm.

In a league where we might be thrilled if our flex guys combine for more than 5 points a week I feel that this is important :v:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Docjowles posted:

If we draft a roster bubble guy on an AFCE team and he gets cut before the season, but eventually signs elsewhere, would the points on his new team count? The way I read OP it sounds like yes but just wanted to confirm.

In a league where we might be thrilled if our flex guys combine for more than 5 points a week I feel that this is important :v:

Yep, those guys will count regardless of what team they end up on.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Quiet Feet you have until 8:00 PM tonight or else Fate Accomplice can jump you.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

This is going by pretty quickly. Away from home for the weekend and wish I had a spreadsheet or something. Pick will definitely get in at some point today.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

This is going by pretty quickly. Away from home for the weekend and wish I had a spreadsheet or something. Pick will definitely get in at some point today.

I made one and across all positions there's only 16 players left

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

gently caress it. Among all the options left, the 1990 Negnlnd Patriots pick the New England Patriots Defense

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Dark times.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

gently caress it. Among all the options left, the 1990 Negnlnd Patriots pick the New England Patriots Defense

lmao I love it

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

with the 6th pick of the second round of the 2023 AFCE Fantasy League Draft, the GO AWAY GATIN's select JuJu Smith-Schuster, wide receiver for the 2023-2024 NFL Super Bowl champion New England Patriots.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This league really shouldn’t have defenses….

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

This league really shouldn’t have defenses….

Yes it should and you're up. (You can draft a D/ST with former AFC East players.)

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kicker is the bigger (or funnier) problem. I was looking at Ourlads last night and literally could not find 12 eligible ones.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Jakobi Myers. WR Raiders

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

TheBizzness sent me a list of their picks.

They select Mike Gisecki, TE, NE & ex-MIA.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I select Gabe Davis, BUF as my WR1, while tugging nervously at my collar

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Oh boy, time to see what's available for my second pick!

:romo:

Gonna need a minute here...

Guess I'm hoping Rodgers will turn to him as a familiar safety valve: Allen Lazard, WR, NYJ

kalensc fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 13, 2023

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

t a s t e is up! You got until 8:00 PM or else Bjork can jump in front of you.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Isaiah Hodgins, WR

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Not really liking the look of the WRs/RBs at this point (and/or I'm not knowledgeable enough on past AFC East players to dig up a secret banger), so I'll go with some safer picks to lock down part of the roster.

With the 12th pick in the second round (24th overall), the We have Namath at home select the Dallas Cowboys D/ST (via Stephon Gilmore).

With the 1st pick in the third round (25th overall), the We have Namath at home select Tyler Bass - K - BUF.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dalton Kincaid, TE

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Zay Jones, WR, ex-BUF (now JAX)

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Devon Achane, MIA

Adbot