Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous

the concept of showering, of standing in a room for a few minutes and there is nice warm water and then you are clean: five stars, completely endorse this, no quibbles or comments

the act of showering, actually having to do that: four stars, it would be nicer if it was always perfect and did not take effort, but still, i endorse this

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

the shower in my home: 4 stars. plenty of room to move around/do a shower dance, water temperature stays warm once it gets there, shower head has different settings for when that's useful. also works as a passing-grade tub. no complaints about this shower, but it doesn't have anything special to bring it above four stars. definitely A Good Shower, but no better than that

gallery of sigs

he/him

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Fine, I'll shower

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

biosterous

the shower at the cottage: 3 stars. water temperature is fine, but the stall is quite cramped, and the angle of the shower head is not ideal. still great for rinsing off after a dip in the lake. not a Bad Shower by any means, a solid B- shower

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

Viginti Septem posted:

Fine, I'll shower

please rate your shower afterwards, thank you

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

hotel shower, the hotel i was in last November: 3.5 stars. adequate temperature responsiveness, adequate space, acceptable shower head angle, shower head had at least one setting that i did not mind. the hotel soap + shampoo was also fine. the hotel itself was also fine, i would probably also give it a 3.5 stars? idk this isn't the thread for that

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

the shower in my spouse's former tiny tiny tiny apartment: two ratings for this. in the general context of showers, probably 4 stars. it was good, no complaints.

in the context of the tiny tiny tiny apartment: seven stars, this shower was so dang roomy compared to everything else, it was seriously the best part of the apartment

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

showering yourself with a hose after doing yard work for a few hours and then chilling in the yard with a cold drink: 4.5 stars. that poo poo rules

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

wedding/baby shower: i've never been to one so i cannot rate either of them at this time, sorry

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

showers of blessings, showers of blessings indeed: that sounds nice, that sounds like 5 stars probably

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

april showers: i love a good spring rain, so if the weather is actually seasonal and it's warm enough, this is 4 stars. if the weather is fucky and it's cold and wet then this is 3 stars because i'll still be happy that it's not snowing in april.

here is a pic from a few years ago (2021) when it was snowing in april

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

the shower in folks' place while i was growing up: i really wish we had done a better job of cleaning the mildew. 2.5 stars before dad installed the vent fan in the ceiling, 3 stars after that

gallery of sigs

he/him

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
It was a shower, not a grower. Would rate again.

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

I broke our showerhead and got a new one with a temperature LED to say how hot the water is. it's nice for that and also because our shower is now a cool aesthetic place to hang. I wish it was one of those cool rainfall showers though. 🚿🚿🚿🚿/5

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

whoever built my bathroom at home forgot that a bathroom needs ventilation. the black mold and gradual grout erosion caused the tiles to start falling down. there's nothing behind the tiles but studs and empty space

it took me four years of showers to realize I could just buy a mini dehumidifier

my roommate's attempt at fixing the issue ^^

1/5 stars

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

LastGoodBoy

Keep your mind be open window everyday
I love carpeted bathrooms. Something about taking a shower in a carpeted bathroom just says "class".

High on the hog, 90's style.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

LastGoodBoy posted:

I love carpeted bathrooms. Something about taking a shower in a carpeted bathroom just says "class".

Carpeted showers

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Viginti Septem posted:

It was a shower, not a grower. Would rate again.

When I moved into my last apartment, my landlord had installed a grower in the bathroom instead of a shower. The unit came with a parking space, so I put up with it.

LastGoodBoy

Viginti Septem posted:

Carpeted showers

A friend of mine's dad apparently had a shower with carpet in it. As a strong advocate of carpeted bathrooms, even I will admit that's a bit much, but yet I am curious to try one.

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Areola Grande posted:

whoever built my bathroom at home forgot that a bathroom needs ventilation. the black mold and gradual grout erosion caused the tiles to start falling down. there's nothing behind the tiles but studs and empty space

it took me four years of showers to realize I could just buy a mini dehumidifier

my roommate's attempt at fixing the issue ^^

1/5 stars

i-i want to come over and kick your shower's rear end. no one deserves a shower like that! :cry:

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Areola Grande

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

i-i want to come over and kick your shower's rear end. no one deserves a shower like that! :cry:

yesterday I bought a second shower curtain and rod just for kinda sealing off what's left of that tiled wall from further water damage. 2 shower curtains club :cheers:

biosterous

Areola Grande posted:

yesterday I bought a second shower curtain and rod just for kinda sealing off what's left of that tiled wall from further water damage. 2 shower curtains club :cheers:

that sounds like a solid play, also, does this add any stars to your shower rating now?

gallery of sigs

he/him

Areola Grande

biosterous posted:

that sounds like a solid play, also, does this add any stars to your shower rating now?

2/5 stars at least i can't see the decay worsening now

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
notable achievements in showers:
the shower in my parents' house. that thing has got a showerhead on there probably original to 1990 that is the complete opposite of low-flow. that bad boy can dump out a whole lot of hot water very quickly.
the shower in my last place. through a fortunate union of plumbing and water heater temperature settings, that shower would hit the perfect temperature with the handle cranked all the way. no trial and error, just immediately where you want it.
the shower in my current house. tankless water heater, which takes a minute to get warm enough but once it's at temp it never slows or stops. problem is that you lose the timer effect from a tank water heater where the water starts to cool off to remind you that you need to get out of the shower and go about your day.

frump truck

hello... again!

i love showering because it is the only regular chore that is at all pleasant to do. I would stay in there for an hour if I could. 10 stars

showering high gets 50 stars

frump truck

hello... again!

LastGoodBoy posted:

A friend of mine's dad apparently had a shower with carpet in it. As a strong advocate of carpeted bathrooms, even I will admit that's a bit much, but yet I am curious to try one.

this sounds awful

LastGoodBoy

They should make a KFC Famous Bathroom where they just put the toilet and sink in the shower with you.

Stoner Sloth

earlier this year i stayed in a fancy hotel for a lil while and one of the best things about it was that it had a big shower that you could switch from using the normal shower head to like a rain shower thing where the water falls from the ceiling.

was pretty drat great, definitely a 4.9/5 (you had to be a bit careful that when you switched over between the two you didn't stand under it for a second cause the water would go cold lol) of showers imo

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
It's weird showers are healing and great but also there are days that I refuse to and wallow. Why? Surely a shower would improve things. Paradox.

biosterous

the shower in the guest wing at my aunt + uncle's place when they lived in france: you could set the water to the degree (in celsius) and it would stay there. roomy as gently caress. the towel rack had a warmer built in. six out of five stars, i say with no exaggeration that this shower was in the top-five highlights of that trip to france

they don't live there any more and i will probably never use that shower again :negative:

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

shower in a tiny hotel in a small town in france: there wasn't enough of a lip at the bottom to keep the water in? and there was a big gap at the bottom of the curtain? there were other problems i think but i mostly remember being baffled as to how this had come to be, why did nobody say "no wait that's hosed up" and fix it

2.5 stars, got me clean, but a baffled shower is not ideal

side note: toilets and showers are in different rooms in france, and the toilet room in that hotel was so tiny i could not close the door when sitting, my legs were too long. i'm not even that tall, just normal 6ft tall. still think about that tiny toilet room and laugh. no rating because this is not the toilet endorsements and ratings thread

gallery of sigs

he/him

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you

Ominous Jazz posted:

It's weird showers are healing and great but also there are days that I refuse to and wallow. Why? Surely a shower would improve things. Paradox.

getting in to the shower: ugh
being in the shower: pretty nice
getting out of the shower: ugh
being clean after a shower: pretty nice

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
I shower with my glasses on and everyone who knows this has teased me about it

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Ominous Jazz posted:

I shower with my glasses on and everyone who knows this has teased me about it

Only because it's your sunglasses.

𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒: 2 for $40

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

81523 posted:

𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒: 2 for $40

what was your username again, I forget

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

frump truck

hello... again!

Ominous Jazz posted:

i will ALWAYS shower. no questions asked

Areola Grande

frump truck posted:

i will ALWAYS shower. no questions asked

:same: can't wake up without one

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
Sometimes I get very sad

Adbot