Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Thread title inspiration Had to shorten “week” to “wk” due to character restraints
https://twitter.com/shanna_shi/status/1689488379946156032?s=46

Other funny things that happened last week
• Javy Baez swung and missed on a ball that was way outside.
https://twitter.com/pitchingninja/status/1689695462536675328?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw

• Joey Votto asked Twitter what their stats would be if they played an average MLB season
https://twitter.com/joeyvotto/status/1689766683253084161?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw
https://twitter.com/kdcaseywrites/status/1689775593259171840?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw
https://twitter.com/_kleos_/status/1689803496822808576?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw

• Rumors started about the Brewers possibly relocating
https://twitter.com/bleachernation/status/1690076678356135936?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw
https://twitter.com/EVR551/status/1690090125181747207?s=20

Here’s today’s schedule

:frogsiren: Monday August 14 :frogsiren:
HOU @ MIA
6:40 PM ET
ATTH, BSFL

PIT @ NYM
7:10 PM ET
ATTP, SNY

NYY @ ATL
7:20 PM ET
YES, BSSO, MLBN

OAK @ STL
7:45 PM ET
NBCSCA, BSMW, MLBN

LAA @ TEX
8:05 PM ET
BSW, BSSW

SEA @ KC
8:10 PM ET
RSNW, BSKC

AZ @ COL
8:40 PM ET
ARID, ATTR, FS1

BAL @ SD
9:40 PM ET
MASN, SDPA

TB @ SF
9:45 PM ET
BSSUN, NBCSBA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I hope the Rays are ready to face our fearsome trio of starting pitchers: Opener, Opener, and Opener

Hell, they're the team who invented that stuff, it should make them feel at home

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
The Phillies are dogshit garbage

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol a hbp called on a ball that bounced directly between chas's feet

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

chas has a couple of questionable moments. pretending to be hbp on a ball that bounced in the dirt directly between his feet and the time he tried to knock ty france's glove off

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

with meyers coming up I might have sent yordan even with 1 out

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Intruder posted:

with meyers coming up I might have sent yordan even with 1 out

Welp

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
i guess making him work is nice but like

a hard luck first inning sure but the back of the lineup is gonna kill us in the playoffs

stop playing maldonado

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Nicky "MVP" Lopez strikes again.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Braves lineup is just not fair

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Squall posted:

Nicky "MVP" Lopez strikes again.

AA winning again (just don't look closely at this year's pitching pickups)

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
just bleeding Schmidt to death out there

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
:lol: that was a ballsy send of Eddie Rosario, somehow worked out and looked funny as gently caress.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

elentar posted:

AA winning again (just don't look closely at this year's pitching pickups)

Hal should watch this game and offer AA a blank check to come fix his team. (he won't)

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

If it weren't for the Panda for Rosario deal, Lopez for Hearn would be the Braves' biggest fleecing in recent years.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Boone just letting Schmidt die out there I guess

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
lol they are starting Severino against this lineup tomorrow hahah. That is just cruel.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Astros are bad again. :(

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Madness rolls across the league tonight.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Kirios posted:

The Astros are bad again. :(

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Hal should watch this game and offer AA a blank check to come fix his team. (he won't)

trying to fathom what amount of money it would even take to get Anthopoulos to make that switch at this point in time

Doctor Skeleton
Nov 15, 2003

How is Mike Ford still getting ABs

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

elentar posted:

trying to fathom what amount of money it would even take to get Anthopoulos to make that switch at this point in time

if it came down to it surely Cohen would pay more right

...!
Oct 5, 2003

If we lose, I blame Intruder

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

...! posted:

If we lose, I blame Intruder

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Nicky Lopez is 7 for 9 with 8 RBIs as a Brave. Going back to 1920, when RBIs became an official state, no other Brave has ever driven in that many in their first 4 games with the team. Lopez did not bat in 2 of those 4 games.

also god i'd missed Fried's pickoffs

elentar fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Aug 15, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Great day for Texas baseball

Doctor Skeleton
Nov 15, 2003

Well that was pretty drat embarrassing

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Doctor Skeleton posted:

Well that was pretty drat embarrassing

They played the Tik Tok oh no song when they pulled Logan and it's got my hams steamed.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I feel more embarrassed that Singer's throwing a no-hitter through six rather than the inside the parker.

Doctor Skeleton
Nov 15, 2003

MLB app RED TEXT :(

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

Great day for Texas baseball

t:mad:

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Good Lord, M’s

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
First time in a month and a half or so since I've turned off a Mariners game in disgust. Hope the offense shows up again before JP comes back because this is dire.

Doctor Skeleton
Nov 15, 2003

I can’t turn away from the abyss, I must stare into it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

booooooooooooooooooooooooooo

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Eddie Rosario!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

honestly 9-2 felt like it flattered the Yankees a little bit, good on Eddie for making more truly lopsided

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Braves own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

gently caress you Angels, do your one loving job