Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will melt down first?
Blitz
Daltos
Oberst
Teemerk
Other
View Results

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Hello goons,

:siren: THIS ONLINE FRANCHISE LEAGUE IS FOR XBOX SERIES X/S :siren:

PS5 and PC users are free to join the madden goons discord and I can help organize leagues for those if enough users are interested

TEAMS FILL UP QUICK SO RESERVE YOURS NOW

With an extended continuity stretching back DECADES the Goon Madden franchise has returned for another year of melting down on the forums! But you still need discord as that has been our main platform for communication for the last 7 years.
Link here: https://discord.gg/V6spngk2

We currently run two franchise leagues each year: SAFL (real rosters) and Fatnasty (Fantasy draft rosters)

ADVANCES are generally every 3-4 days depending on number of user games

I'll probably pull the old rules or whatever at some point but lets just put the main tenets of the league here:

- please try and treat this like our collective NFL rpg
- please don't play like a pubbie
- no custom playbooks
- don't use chew clock option toggle until the 4th because its still buggy
- any other unenumerated rules that can be discussed in the discord

That's really it - if you need more rules let me know. If we wanted to play pubbies we'd be in quick match. Also, there are no insane restrictions on play calling that you may see in older/reddit leagues in the name of "realism". It's unrealistic to tell users they can't call the same run play in a row. Crying uncontrollably because someone ran power I left repeatedly on me when I couldn't stop it.

I will fill this out later....maybe. Teams coming up

Oberstwo fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

reserved

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Current SAFL team outlook

AFC

Ravens - @obersy
Steelers -
Bengals - @goetta
Browns - @JuggaloFreak

Pats - @phobeste
Bills - @HOTLANTA MAN
Jets - @Coolwhoami
Dolf - @Allen Bana

Chargers - @ross
Chefs - @doobs
Raiders -
Bronco - @Girk

Tits - @Metapod
Jag -
Texans - @blitz
Colts -

NFC

Viking -
Bear - @MR BIG CHESS (potential) / @Official Madden Ratings Adjustor (secondary)
Pack -
Lions -

Cowboys - @Archchampion AF
Skins -
Eagle - @barnold
Giants - @Daltos

9ers - @Official Madden Ratings Adjustor (if freed from NFCN gravity)
Jawks - @Lord Waffle Beer
Cards - @JXPrime
Rams -

Panthers - @BrownThunder
Saints - @OST
Bucs -
Falcoms -

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bump

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
im going to get a sick user lurk on on of you idiots while i lose 24-23 and it's fine

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Dubious posted:

im going to get a sick user lurk on on of you idiots while i lose 24-23 and it's fine

it me

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
I'm going to try to go for it instead of kick for the tie and lose and get mad about it

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
for $70 you get to be dismantled by a man who lives with farm animals, a dead eyed texan who will be paying 10% attention with no announcers or sound effects as he takes you down 60-0, earnest pod on the sticks, a minnesotan woman who's too stoned to remember english, a canadian who forgot about the forward pass, a guy who careens around the south making the worst possible personal decisions, and babby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

The actual first meltdown was Rozz