Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I am permanently asleep. See earlier my response to clo about not caring whether she flipped me or not (since nothing would actually happen)

Mona was permawake. I am permawake. Would it make sense to have two out of three scum that don't interact with the main awake/asleep mechanic? Hard to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Grandicap posted:

So you think there were 3 scum kills in 1 night? In a 13 player game!

This is a good point. However, I think Grandi dismisses the "2 scum + 1 other" setup a bit too quickly.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

Okay so you...

Started with a 1-shot conditional vig.

Also started with the ability to make someone untargetable (anyone, as much as you want?). Instead of this, you tried to vig someone N1 (not the second vote leader on a day where it was split).

Then successfully hit townie town Illu N2 to remove their BP.

You got a 1-shot investigative item from Grandi and used that.

Nightmare is a surprisingly good flavor fit here. Doesn't make it a town role though.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

Cube I recommend you reread ANarc, I have a feeling you’re just going to vote me so I’m not gonna quote all the posts but I recommend you read through ANarc and look at their interactions around Punk, around Grandi, around Mona, and around their claims.

ANarc has had very little conviction over the course of the game, seemingly going with the flow. Anytime he had some conviction, he doesn’t act on it and shies away from it. Avoids voting nearly anywhere much of the game. Developing claim. Calling Grandi and Clo scum all game but largely dodging making cases there.

ANarc voted Mona D4 (lighter) and D5 (still plausible to swerve off Mona, I think).
Sand voted scumMQ D3 with not much time left, after scumMona voted scumMQ also with not much time left. Does a 3-person scum team really bus that hard, ahead of a no-kill N3?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Illu was asleep when I tried to vig him, and there was no indication of state change

ANarc basically caught Mona D4.

I would rather go mona first.

- Claimed to have targeted illu and failed (would make a good excuse if watched/tracked)
- it doesn't make sense for him to target Illu for his supposed power bc illu was already asleep
- kept trying to derail mq vote

BUT!

I thought you said your action would fail if any of your targets were untargetable? So there are basically 4 situations in which your action would fail. Yeah that does make it seem likely that scum has some sort of rb.

Didn't mention anything about how they "made Illu untargetable" at all after the no-kill-night. Though...ANarc really only claims to have impacted my N3, and I had gotten blocked N2. So actually I think ANarc is okay here.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

If anyone's open to it, I suggest sharing what our sleep status will be tonight (ie after clo's flip takes effect)

Unless of course you feel like it'll endanger you.

I will be asleep tonight

Can vig sleepy people, can prot sleepy people. I can see that role existing. I can see ANarc asking this in a pro-town way, especially having not yet revealed that THEY were the one who (supposedly) saved a kill?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

Cube I recommend you reread ANarc, I have a feeling you’re just going to vote me so I’m not gonna quote all the posts but I recommend you read through ANarc and look at their interactions around Punk, around Grandi, around Mona, and around their claims.

ANarc has had very little conviction over the course of the game, seemingly going with the flow. Anytime he had some conviction, he doesn’t act on it and shies away from it. Avoids voting nearly anywhere much of the game. Developing claim. Calling Grandi and Clo scum all game but largely dodging making cases there.

I did reread ANarc. And they caught scumMona.

You hammered scumMQ after scumMona voted them. This double-bus is risky, but going from 3 scum -> 2 scum (w/towncred) seems a lot less risky than going from 2 scum -> 1 scum (w/towncred).

The ANarc / Mona case was something that ANarc drummed up themself. No one else had been pushing that Illu/mech connection. It seems really weird to have pointed that out as scum teammates. Like...you just avoid the claim(s) altogether.

------------------

CubicalSucrose posted:

I am really confused by ANarc's play and claim and role.

Today they claim:

So N3 you made Illu untargetable (somehow). You didn't claim this until D5.

But there was all this convo D4:

This was a relatively early-in-the-day claim.

This post from Grandi was today, D5. So ANarc got the item...N3. Used it N4. Or at least claimed to use it. Could've just lied and aligned with what Sand had already claimed in-thread.

This was after ANarc was sleep-status-fishing AGAIN yesterday:

(Noteworthy that ANarc can kill people who are sleeping).

----

So my thought is that ANarc is a 3P SK who can only kill sleeping targets. Or might need to be recharged somehow. Or something.

If there are still two scum it's:
Grandi / Mona - Nope.
Grandi / Sand - Could be I guess, seems unlikely.
Mona / Sand - Could be also but probably not.

So I think there might actually only be 1 scum left? Scum team of 2 plus an SK doesn't seem wild depending on the abilities. One scum ability seems to have been a double-NK night.

I don't think it's Sand.

I don't think it's Grandi.

So that leaves Mona.

----

Last option is that it's two teams of two F&I. But I don't think that works with the NK counts.

----

Pretty sure we need to eliminate ANarc tomorrow, but we'll see.

If it's Grandi and Sand, good game I guess.

----

##vote Monathin

Should be :redhammer:

-------------------

ANarc's play makes sense as town or as (some weird 3P).

Sand's play makes sense as town or as scum.

I think it's more likely that this game was 10 town / 3 scum, vs. 10 town / 2 scum (one of whom bussed the other late in a gameday) / 1 3P.

I'm also roleplaying my Insomniac flavor because it's almost 5 AM local time and I haven't slept. But that's no excuse for misplaying after stretching this out.

My visits are visits. I visited you last night. If we lost (partly) because of mod fuckery, so be it.

##vote Sandwolf

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Sandwolf has been hammered! Sure would be a shame if their flip were janitored, wouldn't it?

Votecount for Day 6

Sandwolf (2): AnonymousNarcotics, CubicalSucrose
AnonymousNarcotics (1): Sandwolf

Not Voting (0):

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 09th, 2023 at 4 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 11 hours, 7 minutes.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

...People don't respect the morning. An alarm clock violently wakes them up, shatters their sleep like the blow of an ax, and they immediately surrender themselves to deadly haste. Can you tell me what kind of day can follow a beginning of such violence? - Milan Kundera

In the early hours of the morning (for some), town woke up and dispatched Sandwolf before the alarm went off.

Sandwolf, Alarm Clock, SCUM-Aligned One-Shot PGO was smashed!

quote:

You just woke up. Now you wake up the others. Incessantly shrieking...oh you think hitting SNOOZE can stop this?? Muhahahaha!

You are Alarm Clock, SCUM-Aligned One-Shot PGO!

If awake, you will passively kill the first player that visits you in the course of the game. Your passive ability is deactivated while asleep, but you can perform the NK in both states.

Your team wins when scum have unassailable control over the vote.

AnonymousNarcotics, Nightmare, TOWN-Aligned Dream and CubicalSucrose, Insomniac, TOWN-Aligned Multi Gunsmith survive and achieve victory!

Town have won the game!

Maerlyn fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Sep 10, 2023

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yay cube! :hf: The blue broncos finally achieve victory

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

CubicalSucrose:

quote:

You just woke up, and it's the middle of the night. Again. Why does this keep happening?

You are Insomniac, TOWN-Aligned Multi Gunsmith!

At night, you will **randomly** check three other players, and will be told if any of them have the potential to kill (CAN/CAN NOT kill). You cannot choose your targets, but you will be told who you visited.

This player is immune to sleep.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

AN:

quote:

You just woke up. A million years ago, or maybe just tomorrow. You are the primordial night terror, and time means nothing to you anyway.

You are Nightmare, TOWN-aligned Dream!

At night, you can ##sneak on a player. If target is *awake*, visit does nothing. If *asleep*, target will become untargettable by any means. This action cannot be observed and does not count as a visit. Once per game, at the same time you visit, you can choose to **##slay** your target if they are asleep; action will fail and not be spent on awake players.

This player is immune to awakening.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Thanks for playing all 😊

Maerlyn fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 10, 2023

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I think if I have a single criticism of the game it's that scums power was all tied into me. A one-shot PGO and inventor are cool! But I feel like the scum didn't quiiiite have the power we needed despite getting some lucky misexecutes.

Obviously I also kind of threw the game a little for scum because I didn't want to kill Cube who was the most active poster in the thread, and that eventually did us in.

Sorry for all the roleblocks, Cube, but if your power went off twice it would have cooked our goose for sure. No hard feelings!

gg town and thanks for running Mae/Shell/wolo!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Well done Cube, well done ANarc, that was a really tough electric light orchestra

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Thanks for the game mods!

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Just woke up and Grandi is real good at Mafia.

Nice work, Clo, on being an unexpected town MVP.

Perhaps my favorite part of the game was this bit:

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Yay cube! :hf: The blue broncos finally achieve victory

We did it!

Kudos to Sand on making it very much not-easy for me at the end.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I self nominated myself as mafia champ and now you fuckers are feeding my ego. Stop it or I'll start believing the hype.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CubicalSucrose posted:

Just woke up and Grandi is real good at Mafia.

Nice work, Clo, on being an unexpected town MVP.

Perhaps my favorite part of the game was this bit:

I’m really glad you enjoyed that so much. Just so you know, it was scum, intentionally. Wanted to see if it did anything for me. Glad it tickled you!! And good thinking end game, you did well.

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Nice job, Cube and Grandi!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Rude

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
And AN, who I totally, absolutely didn't subconsciously think somehow died even though it was the game-deciding vote, also good job!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Lol all good friendo

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Sandwolf (2): AnonymousNarcotics, CubicalSucrose
AnonymousNarcotics (1): Sandwolf
CubicalSucrose (0):

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Sorry, that was a test.

Just wanted to say, thanks for playing! Game definitely went more vanilla than I expected; more flippers or an auto flipping thing for a game of this type would have been better. Or more doubled roles, too.