Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

You just woke up. Who are you? Where are you? Who opened up the blinds? What are those people doing there?

Oh, no.

---

Welcome! This is a game of Mafia for 13 players, comodded by me, Maerlyn and wologar.

It is a role-heavy game with a small gimmick to spice things up a bit, but there is a chance for you to be vanilla or vanilla-adjacent. You will have fun anyway, we hope. Or else!

Special Mechanic: This game has a particular gimmick: Sleep. At any point in the game, day or night, all players will be in one of two states, asleep or awake. Both states may give them access to different abilities and powers. There are several ways of flipping between one and the other - you will have to play to see more!

---

Rule zeroth: If you ever encounter anything or anyone who makes you feel uncomfortable, threatened, abused, angry, or even unsure of how you feel, there are many people here, both within and outside of the SA Mafia community, who are happily willing to listen, provide support, and enact change to make the community better for everyone. Here is a short list of only some of the people that other players have suggested as a resource that you should never hesitate to contact: Leperflesh and Antivehicular (current Traditional Games Mods), VoodooFly, Hal Insandenza, Bifauxnen, Monathin, Wologar, Maerlyn, EccoRaven, CCKeane, Cloacamazing!, Opopanax, Sandwolf, Shellception, or whoever else you feel safer talking to!

---
General rules

General mafia rules apply. If you are playing, do NOT discuss the game outside the thread or authorized OOT channels!

Please note: our games usually feature some amount of flavor. Anything you may receive short of your actual night action results should be taken with caution, as while not intentionally misleading, we've taken care of not letting it influence the actual game. You can pursue arguments on flavor, but please be aware it may not match reality or even be coherent among different days or players. You have been warned!

Please, do not lurk. The lurker threshold will be 10 posts per game day, with the requisite being halved for hammers that happen at 12h to deadline or earlier, and eliminated if 24h to deadline or earlier. Communication is key - if something important is keeping you from posting and we can accomodate it, tell us! First time is a warning, second one is a modkill.

Do not edit your posts. If there is a big reason you need to do so, tell us first. Misgendering-correcting editions are more than OK, just let us know!

Do not directly quote private communications. Copying and pasting any kind of OOT comms into thread is not allowed. Neither is copying and pasting any kind of mod communication, including your PM, either in thread or in any possible OOT communication channels. This rule will be enforced, and infringing it will result in a modkill.

Do not fake day actions. If you have been affected by a day action, please wait for it to resolve before posting.

Don't be an rear end to people. You don't have to be all nice and friendly all the time, but if things get too heated, please disconnect, calm down and come back later. Again, mod team is here to ensure everyone has fun, but we'd particularly not like needing to tell posters to chill. Be mindful of the person at the other side of the screen!

Game features no alignment changes, no jesters, no misleading PMs or mod communications, and no other mod-bastard stuff.

We will use Discord. Link is here, please join.

---

Mechanics:

This game works on majority, with hammer happening upon a player reaching half+1 of the votes. Should majority not be reached, no execution will happen.

Nights will be as much as 24h long from hammer, and can end early if all night actions are submitted. All extra time will be added to next day. Days will begin immediately after nights end, with the deadline being roughly 48/72 h later.

We're open to setting up a deadline that works for everyone, so if you are not on the US, and we don't know you, please note your timezone on sign-up! We cannot guarantee it will 100% accomodate everyone, depending on where you are you may get some odd hour like 10 am or 6 pm, but we'd like to avoid anyone getting a middle of the night deadline.

Days are at a maximum 48h long, going up to 72h if they span a weekend. Days end at hammer and threads will be closed at night. You can post during twilight (after hammer and before thread closes) but no game-related talk is allowed in that time, and those posts will not count towards day postcount.

Town wins when all threats to town are eliminated. Scum wins when they hold control over the vote. Everyone else wins according to their particular win conditions!

---

Player list

1. AnonymousNarcotics (they/them)
  2. Cloacamazing! (she/her)
  3. CubicalSucrose
  4. Grandicap (He, Him)
  5. Ifgalra
  6. Illusionis (He/him)
  7. MockingQuantum (He/him)
  8. Monathin (he/they)
  9. NeverHelm (He/Him)
  10. Punkreas
  11. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  12. shwinnebego (he/him)
  13. Tired Moritz

Shellception fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Aug 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I'll be the EU player: Can only be killed if they're asleep, sadly always asleep when the action happens

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i'm in

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Put me in coach.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah sure why not.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yeah let’s get back into this

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
In to drink way too much coffee

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Illusionis posted:

In to drink way too much coffee

I LITERALLY do not like people who say they need coffee to function. that makes you an addict, the same jacks who say that will sneer and look down their noses at somone who have an alcohol/gambling/drugs/whatever problem. If you need something to function, you're an addict. If you don't need it to function you're just someone who loves to make a scene and pretend coffee is your everything, you probably ruined bacon for people too with meme levels of glorification.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Grandicap posted:

I LITERALLY do not like people who say they need coffee to function. that makes you an addict, the same jacks who say that will sneer and look down their noses at somone who have an alcohol/gambling/drugs/whatever problem. If you need something to function, you're an addict. If you don't need it to function you're just someone who loves to make a scene and pretend coffee is your everything, you probably ruined bacon for people too with meme levels of glorification.

Oof good thing I didn't say that, you can be rest assured that I don't look down my nose at people struggling with any kind of addiction

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

It was a thing from the mafia championship like 4 years ago I think.

People are crazy.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Illusionis posted:

Oof good thing I didn't say that, you can be rest assured that I don't look down my nose at people struggling with any kind of addiction

Grandi’s dropping a classic SA Mafia copy paste

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
I will be Tired like a Moritz.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Grandicap posted:

source you're quotes

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Grandicap posted:

It was a thing from the mafia championship like 4 years ago I think.

People are crazy.

Oh lol, I was really confused where that suddenly cam from

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Count me in like counting sheep

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I think I'm morally obligàted to play this?

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I'll play, sleepily

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

i'll take unspoiled obs and replace in if needed

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
:tootzzz:

Ifgalra
Jun 19, 2023

ooouuuhh what the !!
sure okay I'll play I don't think the other game I'm in is going to start anytime soon and they still haven't even gotten a new discord link

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
Throw me in too I suppose. I love waking up to being NK'd, so this is great for me.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
That's 13 unless I miscounted. If you all get into the Discord, we may be able to start today :)

Ifgalra
Jun 19, 2023

ooouuuhh what the !!

Shellception posted:

That's 13 unless I miscounted. If you all get into the Discord, we may be able to start today :)

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

You feel like you are floating in the air - awake or asleep, you aren't able to tell. Some people around you. Are they talking? They move slowly. Suddenly, one pops out of existance.

Maugrim, TOWN-aligned Observer, has been removed from your collective perception N0!

quote:

As a night action, if awake, you will be able to ##comment on game. Comments will have a maximum of 2000 characters.

You have no night actions while asleep.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Your initial status is Awake.

It is now Day 1!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (13): AnonymousNarcotics, Cloacamazing!, CubicalSucrose, Grandicap, Ifgalra, Illusionis, MockingQuantum, Monathin, NeverHelm, Punkreas, Sandwolf, shwinnebego, Tired Moritz

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

The current deadline is August 26th, 2023 at 4 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Yo don't vig me.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

##vote sandwolf good to be in a game with ya again

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Goooooooooooooood... evening, actually, meaning I'm a lot closer to going to sleep than I am to waking up. This game lied to me!

Ifgalra
Jun 19, 2023

ooouuuhh what the !!
hello I am here for game, who's scum, please out yourselves and we can handle this game in an orderly fashion that shell would absolutely hate

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

shwinnebego posted:

##vote sandwolf good to be in a game with ya again

Good to see ya too mate ##vote shwinne

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cloacamazing! posted:

Goooooooooooooood... evening, actually, meaning I'm a lot closer to going to sleep than I am to waking up. This game lied to me!

scumclaim

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##vote tired mortiz he's too likely to win a game about sleeping

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.

Cloacamazing! posted:

Truly, the Curse of Europe. Or potentially Africa, I guess.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Sandwolf posted:

scumclaim

OMGUS

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Wow, rude

Ifgalra
Jun 19, 2023

ooouuuhh what the !!

Sandwolf posted:

scumclaim

well thank you for claiming scum

now if you tell me who your buddies are you'll get off easy

which is to say we'll still take you out behind the woodshed

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I'm hungry anybody got anything good to eat

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Who's with me on this flavorful turbo?

#vote TMor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Illusionis posted:

I'm hungry anybody got anything good to eat

Cookfia is over, but:

quote:

Dish Name: Citrus Glazed Illusion Salmon
Serving Size: 2

Ingredients:
- 2 salmon fillets (150g / 5.3oz each)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey (30g)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste

Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Place the salmon fillets in an oven-proof dish.
3. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, lime juice, and honey. Stir well until the honey is fully dissolved.
4. Pour the citrus glaze over the salmon fillets, making sure to coat them evenly.
5. Sprinkle salt and black pepper over the salmon fillets to taste.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to your desired doneness.
7. Remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
8. Serve the Citrus Glazed Illusion Salmon with your choice of side dishes, such as roasted vegetables or steamed rice.

Note: The name "Illusion" is used to emphasize the idea of the dish, as the citrus glaze adds a burst of flavor and brightness to the salmon, creating an illusion of added ingredients.

Only ingredient I entered was Illusion.