Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

shwinnebego posted:

Anyone else listen to stuff while passing out

How do you do this? That would distract me from focussing on falling asleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

shwinnebego posted:

Yep ambient noise, sometimes podcasts.

Cloacamazing! posted:

How do you do this? That would distract me from focussing on falling asleep.

It distracts me from thinking and spinning thoughts.

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

What kind of mattress does everyone have? I have a purple

I've got a Purple cushion for my desk chair, it's nice

Our mattress is a Leesa Hybrid - aimed at getting that memory foam comfort but without the issue of overheating

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Anyway, all this talk about sleep is defeating the purpose of Just Woke Up Mafia! How do you people wake up?

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Also maybe AN soft-claiming a mattress salesperson or sleep survey researcher role??

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy

Cloacamazing! posted:

Anyway, all this talk about sleep is defeating the purpose of Just Woke Up Mafia! How do you people wake up?

This sticking her face in mine wanting breakfast:

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Cloacamazing! posted:

Groggily and way too early usually

Ifgalra
Jun 19, 2023

ooouuuhh what the !!

Cloacamazing! posted:

a dog alarm

our dog heard the chickens one morning and said, yes, this is exactly what I want to do

so he howls us awake at about 7 if we're not already up

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

shwinnebego posted:

Last night specifically? The incessant chirp of a smoke detector that wants to have it's batteries changed.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Cloacamazing! posted:

A pupper telling me she needs to go out. Need to figure out the snooze feature on that alarm.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Is it possible to just wake up if you never sleep to begin with?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Cloacamazing! posted:

I just woke up and I think this should get my morning off to a good start ##vote clo

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I have a hard time waking up with an alarm, no matter how long I sleep. I'd rather just sleep until I wake up naturally.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Grandicap posted:

Last night specifically? The incessant chirp of a smoke detector that wants to have it's batteries changed.

I can respect the stubbornness of refusing to comply with the request

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

okay but real talk: do you remember your dreams when you wake up?

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

because I almost always don't, and it's caused me no end of FOMO in my life

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I remember some dreams but only the really really weird ones. Like the latest one which was me apparently passing out in my car on top of a parking garage which had an actual park on top of it, trapping everyone there overnight.

Also I did not sleep well but I'm here now

shwinnebego posted:

I just woke up and I think this should get my morning off to a good start ##vote clo

is this a real vote or are we still in joke/chillphase

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Monathin posted:

is this a real vote or are we still in joke/chillphase

Probably.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I have a hard time waking up with an alarm, no matter how long I sleep. I'd rather just sleep until I wake up naturally.

I’d trade anything about modern life for the ability to do the above. I am bad at waking up but it seems days where I wake up naturally vs letting an alarm blare in my ear for sometimes hours, surprisingly, have different outcomes.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MockingQuantum posted:

okay but real talk: do you remember your dreams when you wake up?

Wow two posts on this page that speak to my heart. No I also can only remember, maybe, 3 dreams my entire life. It does cause me some FOMO, especially against lucid dreamers, but I also have friends who have night terrors or recurring sad dreams. Swings & roundabouts!!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
What's a FOMO?

I've only remembered very few dreams in my life, most of the time I wake up the next morning with zero memory of anything my brain might have cooked up. I will rarely remember dreams when I'm really stressed out, those are usually bad dreams and will leave me tired on waking up. I have never had a single peaceful dream.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
sorry i flatout didnt bookmark the thread and discord didnt ping me

getting turboed wouldnt be the worst but im town

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Unfortunate.

##unvote

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cloacamazing! posted:

What's a FOMO?

I've only remembered very few dreams in my life, most of the time I wake up the next morning with zero memory of anything my brain might have cooked up. I will rarely remember dreams when I'm really stressed out, those are usually bad dreams and will leave me tired on waking up. I have never had a single peaceful dream.

FOMO is Fear Of Missing Out,

But yeah of the dreams I can remember 2/3 are dying in nuclear Holocausts, so

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i dream a lot about falling from a tall building or failing school exams :/

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Semi-regularly remember my dreams, tho usually the details start to fade out pretty fast unless I focus on remembering them. One of the weirdest from recent memory was a nightmare where I was getting chased around an old apartment building by a shapeshifting monster that most of the time looked like and spoke in the voice of Christopher Walken.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I remember a lot of my dreams, because most of them are bat poo poo

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

sorry i flatout didnt bookmark the thread and discord didnt ping me

getting turboed wouldnt be the worst but im town

Ok ##vote moritz

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy

Illusionis posted:

Semi-regularly remember my dreams, tho usually the details start to fade out pretty fast unless I focus on remembering them. One of the weirdest from recent memory was a nightmare where I was getting chased around an old apartment building by a shapeshifting monster that most of the time looked like and spoke in the voice of Christopher Walken.

I'd watch this movie!

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

shwinnebego posted:

Ok ##vote moritz

##vote Shwinn

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

CubicalSucrose posted:

##vote Shwinn

##vote cube

let's keep this dream train going! choo choo!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MockingQuantum posted:

##vote cube

let's keep this dream train going! choo choo!

##vote MQ

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
I mostly don't dream. But I did have a strange one where I dreamt of a vaguely tragic event followed by a family reunion, the night before my uncle passed away (causing many of my extended family to visit for the funeral). I thought that was an odd coincidence.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
(For the record I'm not breadcrumbing anything with that post, I genuinely did have that happen)

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Reading House of Leaves a few years ago was extra weird as the shifting, dark but mundane exploration of the house is basically what half my dreams are about

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

##vote MQ

##vote sandwolf

just kidding ##vote mq

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

shwinnebego posted:

##vote sandwolf

just kidding ##vote mq
##vote Shwinn

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Illusionis posted:

##vote Shwinn

uhhhhhhhh ##vote illu! take that!

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

shwinnebego posted:

uhhhhhhhh ##vote illu! take that!

Raise it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

also I need to ##vote grandi as revenge for making me a miller in a game with no alignment seer