Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

pencilhands posted:

instead of shoplifting what I like to do is wait until I have a really massive poo poo brewing inside me, my shits are also insanely rock hard because I abuse opiates, and just unload that motherfucker in their bathroom and not flush, I doubt they can even get rid of them with a plunger, they probably have to like pick it up and throw it away

gently caress capitalism

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This feels like a cross post from the Huel meals thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

hi kuntfuckre. welcome back

hi hot cocoa thanks. hope u r climbing well (:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
torrenting is praxis

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
You wouldn't download an entire cart full of groceries

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

pencilhands posted:

instead of shoplifting what I like to do is wait until I have a really massive poo poo brewing inside me, my shits are also insanely rock hard because I abuse opiates, and just unload that motherfucker in their bathroom and not flush, I doubt they can even get rid of them with a plunger, they probably have to like pick it up and throw it away

gently caress capitalism

TIL when I cleaned bathrooms at a convention center I was a capitalist billionaire

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

how the heck am i supposed to get these groceries home from the shop if i can't lift them

of course there's gonna be a shop lifting epidemic when they give us no alternative

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

planet fitness has a handle on the problem at least, maybe other retailers could take a page from their playbook

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Bad Purchase posted:

how the heck am i supposed to get these groceries home from the shop if i can't lift them

of course there's gonna be a shop lifting epidemic when they give us no alternative

I just drag mine from the store to home and just leave them out on the floor.

The milk gets lumpy fast but that's just the cost of doing business

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Toxic Mental posted:

The only thing I steal is valor, from crying US servicemen, as I get a free 15% discount on my oil change

Suckerssssss

As opposed to getting a 15% discount you have to pay for?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

pencilhands gleefully suppressing a psychotic jokerfied laugh while he grunts and strains to push out little fossilized opiate shits, thinking about how much he's going to own the capitalist scumbag Alice Walton, when she has to come and pluck his little unflushable drug addict stones out of the des moines walmart southside mens bathroom stall #4

hot cocoa on the couch fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 29, 2023

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

sticking it to the walton family is good

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Saalkin posted:

I just drag mine from the store to home and just leave them out on the floor.

The milk gets lumpy fast but that's just the cost of doing business

i think if you drag the milk up a ramp into your fridge, they don't count it as lifting because it never left the surface. same if you use an elevator. it's kind of an exploit, but it works for now.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
If you have photos printed at walmart, you can go back into electronics about a half hour before close and get them for free if you find them. there's no one to help you find them at that hour so they're technically yours according to finders v keepers. they got the name you put down on them after all

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

i think if you drag the milk up a ramp into your fridge, they don't count it as lifting because it never left the surface. same if you use an elevator. it's kind of an exploit, but it works for now.

cross posting from the gbs screw thread, but a ramp is one of the 6 fundamental machines, so this is an unfixable exploit. you're welcome

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I'm sure Joe Rogan will retract his earlier statements when he talks about how liberal cities have so much theft and how shoplifting not being a crime is causing businesses to shut down cause he laps up everything governor hot wheels has to say.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

cross posting from the gbs screw thread, but a ramp is one of the 6 fundamental machines, so this is an unfixable exploit. you're welcome

well pulleys are one of those machines, and they are 100% considered lifting

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

of course we all know it's complete bullshit that pulleys made the list of simple machines in the first place. i mean come on, might as well put the gear on there while you're at it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

quote:

DEC. 15, 2021 5 AM PT

Way to be on top of things OP

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Houle posted:

I'm sure Joe Rogan will retract his earlier statements when he talks about how liberal cities have so much theft and how shoplifting not being a crime is causing businesses to shut down cause he laps up everything governor hot wheels has to say.

you just don't get Joe Rogan's appeal he talks to everybody and he is just very curious and likes to learn he would be happy to have another guest on to discuss the issue as it relates to DMT usage and MMA I am sure

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mega64 posted:

nice loving find

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Zero fact checking by the press until this story by the L.A. Times, perhaps.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
A highschool boyfriend used to work at the same department store as my mum, she actually helped him get the job there while we were together

He used to mark down expensive electronics (TVs and DVD players and the like) and other items to super cheap and then either purchase them or sell them to friends. He got caught rolling his latest purchase, a super cheap large screen TV, out of the store

We had broken up by then but it was still an awkward dinner table conversation lol

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Private Cumshoe posted:

you just don't get Joe Rogan's appeal he talks to everybody and he is just very curious and likes to learn he would be happy to have another guest on to discuss the issue as it relates to DMT usage and MMA I am sure

:shuckyes:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The article seems to be arguing semantics about how shoplifting is increasing and is as bad as retail associations and law enforcement say, but they are mistakenly calling more of it 'organized' than they should.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pencilhands posted:

gently caress capitalism

This is the kind of high quality posting that D&D hates

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
antifa thugs are gangstealing all the straight items gayfiying YOUR CHILDREN

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Mega64 posted:

this may shock you, but the right wingers are still banging on about the crime epidemics despite being debunked 2 years ago

Ex: https://nypost.com/2023/07/01/the-shoplifting-epidemic-taking-over-america/

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sophy Wackles posted:

The article seems to be arguing semantics about how shoplifting is increasing and is as bad as retail associations and law enforcement say, but they are mistakenly calling more of it 'organized' than they should.

It's pretty poorly written but towards the end it brings out data from law enforcement that actually contradicts the claims from lobbyists presented earlier in the article. Although the statistics from the FBI and LAPD showing a decrease in shoplifting rates aren't cited in terms of dollar value, so I wonder if what's going on is that we're seeing shoplifting happen less frequently (reflected by declining incidence statistics) but on a larger scale (reflected in larger dollar value statistics.)

Even then, the "semantic" argument is about different retail groups whose estimates are hundreds of times off from each other, and the article points out that it's simply not credible that things are as bad as the higher end estimates; the more reasonable industry numbers suggest that shrinkage was up ~14% total over the five years before the pandemic, and organized retail theft was up 50%. That's a big, dramatic increase but not the retail apocalypse that lobbying groups are touting, and the numbers are still pretty small in the big scope of things. The mischaracterization that leads to the discrepancy goes beyond whether or not to classify losses as "organized" shoplifting but also lumping in employee theft, vendor fraud, and administrative error.

the holy poopacy fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 29, 2023

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Shoplift if you're white and can get away with it. Inflation driving food prices is fake anyway, their making record profits and making U the mark. Don't be the mark and don't even get me started on health care coats. bye!!!

https://time.com/6269366/food-company-profits-make-groceries-expensive/

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I saw a video of a Gucci store getting cleaned out by a group of thieves, felt more like a robbery than shoplifting but it probably all falls under the "shrinkage" umbrella

I wonder how much that one Gucci store skewed the statistics higher too lol, an entire Gucci store can buy a lot of candy bars

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

lol

pencilhands gleefully suppressing a psychotic jokerfied laugh while he grunts and strains to push out little fossilized opiate shits, thinking about how much he's going to own the capitalist scumbag Alice Walton, when she has to come and pluck his little unflushable drug addict stones out of the des moines walmart southside mens bathroom stall #4

lmao.

it's the funniest backfire post I've seen in a while

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I got three cases of beer and some groceries at a Walmart about a year ago. At self checkout a clerk has to check you out for the beer to make sure you're 40 years old at least. She looked at my ID, and the display. I swiped the credit card and headed out.

At the exit they had an employee posted that was doing random checks. "Sir, may I check your receipt?" "No". and I kept going. (I hate that poo poo, one of the co-workers had just had to authenticate my purchase and now I get checked a second time on the way out? Bullshit.)

I get in my truck and head home, and it occurred to me that the bill had seemed a bit light. I dig the receipt out of my pocket and sure enough, I'd only scanned 2 cases of beer.

Free/stolen beer!

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

I once bought whatever at Kmart at a self check out, but forgot to bring my usual canvas bag. I'd already paid for my items and I didn't want to do another transaction just for a bag, so I uhhh just took the bag and put my poo poo in it :sweatdrop:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Chewbecca posted:

I once bought whatever at Kmart at a self check out, but forgot to bring my usual canvas bag. I'd already paid for my items and I didn't want to do another transaction just for a bag, so I uhhh just took the bag and put my poo poo in it :sweatdrop:

KMart lasted long enough to have self check out? Is this in Australia?

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

redshirt posted:

KMart lasted long enough to have self check out? Is this in Australia?

Australian Kmart is no longer related to American Kmart. Whole different store here, and wildly successful

The self check outs at Australian kmarts are, for reasons unknown, in the centre of the store

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

pencilhands posted:

gently caress capitalism

lol @ how much SA has changed that this is what gets you probed these days.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

We don't do that here

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

source

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Whenever I need batteries for my Xbox controller I pretty much always steal them from WalMart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Biohazard posted:

lol @ how much SA has changed that this is what gets you probed these days.

have you seen the other posts tho