Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

On the other end of the scale when I worked at Raising Canes the manager always came to work strapped to « protect us »

Sir I would like to not die in a shootout over the fried chicken money thanks

Raising Tanes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

interesting

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

i understand why someone would want to rob a raising canes after seeing the lines at the two that just opened here a few months ago.
what i do not understand is why, why are they so inundated with money selling middling tendies?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

satanic splash-back posted:

Starfield will be the most immersive shoplifting sim yet

itms gonna be hard to beat Deus Ex Mankind Divided to be honest, you buy the game expecting some crazy corporate espionage and global conspiracies... which the game DOES have... but what really snags you is the city hub just being one big burglarizing simulator where you can probably lose yourself for about 18 hours or so just breaking into homes, stores, banks, etc

i recommend the game to any kleptomaniacs with us in the thread

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

probly gonna hit tha starfield hard as during that time i will be recovering from a ball sack severing operation

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

everyone itt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccBQZVpVvAE

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

as during that time i will be recovering from a ball sack severing operation
steaming chocolate starts spilling out wildly after the first incision

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
frozen peas on the crotch

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Xoncerning.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

frozen peas on the crotch

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MrQwerty posted:

i understand why someone would want to rob a raising canes after seeing the lines at the two that just opened here a few months ago.
what i do not understand is why, why are they so inundated with money selling middling tendies?

People loving love chain joints man

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

future creep. middling tendies will be one of the dominant currencies in parts of north america in 2043.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

daves hot chicken is better than raising canes imo

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

they're just skimming off the surge of pot dispensaries in the area for the time being, watch a third of the locations close once half those pot shops close in five years like what happened up in Seattle

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Raising Cains, the fast pizza chain where you are served by a zombie covid denialist

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Klyith posted:

Raising Cains, the fast pizza chain where you are served by a zombie covid denialist

Get it straight it's a ghost covid denialist that tells you fake covid stats from beyond the grave

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

Get it straight it's a ghost covid denialist that tells you fake covid stats from beyond the grave

ben carson?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Earwicker posted:

ben carson?

Herman Cain, as seen in the funniest tweet of 2020:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Klyith posted:

Herman Cain, as seen in the funniest tweet of 2020:

:lmao: I love Mister Cody!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

MrQwerty posted:

This, but Chik-Fil-A. I’ll never support them because they’re anti-LGBTQ+ and had those cringe-rear end videos of bigots singing “God Bless America” in their restaurants, but also because their chicken sandwiches are pure garbage. I ate one for free when they opened a new restaurant while I was shopping elsewhere and were passing them out, and I still felt like I wanted my non-existent money back. I’ve had better chicken sandwiches sitting under the heat lamp at an AM/PM gas station.

Yet all the ones here are always packed to the brim with people and the drive-thrus are never empty. I don’t get it, I don’t think I want to get it, and gently caress Chik-Fil-A.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

You Are A Elf posted:

their chicken sandwiches are pure garbage

for real and their signature sauce tastes like vomit

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I mean they suck rear end as a company and I would never give them money but that's a very atypical experience of their food

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
experience is subjective and Americans are braindead

Aug 29, 2023
pffew! could you imagine if it was the opposite!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Hello I am from Canada, eh. They think I'm a little slow, eh.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Shoplifting is a misleading term

Shops are very heavy

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Where do they get all the crisis actors that they film for news stories and reels/tiktoks of people raiding stores in groups? That could be a fun way to earn extra cash filming shoplifting propaganda for mainstream media and social media sites.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I watched a swarm of 19 year olds leave last call and pick a 7-11 clean like piranha. I distinctly remember a young man telling the police he didn't steal poo poo, while wearing sunglasses with the price tag dangling from the nose. That kid had moxie.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

Internetjack posted:

My friends in college asked if I wanted to go drink beer at Fred Meyers. We were 19 and I was pretty sure FM didn't serve beer.

I was told to wear a sweatshirt or something warm. We went to the walk-in beer cooler (no cameras) and just started cracking beers open and slamming them as fast as possible.

Great way to start your Friday night.

This loving rules

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

You Are A Elf posted:

This, but Chik-Fil-A. I’ll never support them because they’re anti-LGBTQ+ and had those cringe-rear end videos of bigots singing “God Bless America” in their restaurants, but also because their chicken sandwiches are pure garbage. I ate one for free when they opened a new restaurant while I was shopping elsewhere and were passing them out, and I still felt like I wanted my non-existent money back. I’ve had better chicken sandwiches sitting under the heat lamp at an AM/PM gas station.

Yet all the ones here are always packed to the brim with people and the drive-thrus are never empty. I don’t get it, I don’t think I want to get it, and gently caress Chik-Fil-A.

I feel this way about Hobby Lobby.

They're literally the bad guy in a Tomb Raider movie. the cherry on top of supporting gay conversion bullshit.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/stolen-mesopotamian-tablet-acquired-by-hobby-lobby-finally-going-back-to-iraq

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Rad-daddio posted:

I feel this way about Hobby Lobby.

They're literally the bad guy in a Tomb Raider movie. the cherry on top of supporting gay conversion bullshit.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/stolen-mesopotamian-tablet-acquired-by-hobby-lobby-finally-going-back-to-iraq

Yep. They also took a women’s reproductive health and rights case all the way to the SCOTUS and won so they smugly get to tell all their women employees, “Want health insurance? Lol PSYCH!” all because women dared to use birth control on their dime.

Hobby Lobby and Chik-Fil-A can both go gently caress themselves into oblivion.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

You Are A Elf posted:

Yep. They also took a women’s reproductive health and rights case all the way to the SCOTUS and won so they smugly get to tell all their women employees, “Want health insurance? Lol PSYCH!” all because women dared to use birth control on their dime.

The worst thing about the case was it wasn't even all birth control, they specifically petitioned to not have to pay for the expensive, good birth control (IUDs) and like one or two that they felt were abortifacients where there is no rhyme or reason medically to how it relates to their position on life/conception/whatever. Both transparently 100% about money and divorced from biology as a cherry on top.

Also why is this telling me abortifacient isn't a word and suggesting that I switch the word to antiabortionists? Is this a browser thing or an SA forums thing? When did spell check get so loving chuddy?

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

You Are A Elf posted:

isn't Hobby Lobby's founder doing all that loving 'He Gets Us" astroturfing ad bullshit that's been kicking around the last couple years too? yeah, sure, a guy that's been dead a couple thousand years gets "us" whatever the gently caress that means, how about you talk about something that loving matters in this day and age

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Can’t say I’ve ever seen advertising for Hobby Lobby and always thought they did business by word-of-mouth (e.g. “Hobby Lobby: we’re like Michael’s, only chuddier.”)

How they weren’t dissolved as a company after that whole stolen Iraq antiquities thing I don’t know. That poo poo was straight out of True Lies.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Private Cumshoe posted:

The worst thing about the case was it wasn't even all birth control, they specifically petitioned to not have to pay for the expensive, good birth control (IUDs) and like one or two that they felt were abortifacients where there is no rhyme or reason medically to how it relates to their position on life/conception/whatever. Both transparently 100% about money and divorced from biology as a cherry on top.

Also why is this telling me abortifacient isn't a word and suggesting that I switch the word to antiabortionists? Is this a browser thing or an SA forums thing? When did spell check get so loving chuddy?

it's your browser, and medical terminology is hit or miss in these basic dictionaries. an older mentor of mine spat out some weird word a few weeks ago that the doctor said he had, my browser thought it was gobbledygook, but google helpfully informed me that it was the medical term for an enlarged prostate. makes sense, i love the guy and all but he's pushing 70.

it isn't a chud thing and if you are reading it as such you might need a break from the topic.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Private Cumshoe posted:

hm i wonder why your browser would correct to that. probably a giant mystery

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i work for a company that is a vendor to hobby lobby. you gotta put price tags on everything cuz UPCs could hide the secret mark of the beast 666!!! loving puritan losers

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I think it's funny how much of hobby lobby is selling already completed hobby-grade crafts so it LOOKS like you shop at Michaels and make lovely poo poo but actually you just bought it already hot glued together at hobby lobby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

I never shoplifted in my life. That is, until I started working at an office and they set up one of those self-scan Company Kitchen places or whatever. Man oh man did I ever steal from that fucker. One of my coworkers managed to get fired for stealing from it. Like... how?