Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

fast cars loose anus posted:

this team is determined to make me hate it

Miz Kriss posted:

This summer gave me hope which was clearly the wrong choice.
https://twitter.com/notsixela/status/1437170791452270592
It’s the beginning of the end, and it’s the hope that kills you.

A happier thing I found:
https://twitter.com/timbhealey/status/1702409903954931868?s=20

:frogsiren: Monday September 18 :frogsiren:

CLE @ KC
2:10 PM ET
BSGL, BSKC, MLBN

MIN @ CIN
6:40 PM ET
BSNO, BSOH, FS1

NYM @ MIA
6:40 PM ET
SNY, BSFL

CWS @ WSH
7:05 PM ET
NBCSCH, MASN2

PHI @ ATL
7:20 PM ET
NBCSP, BSSO

MIL @ STL
7:45 PM ET
BSWI, BSMW

BOS @ TEX
8:05 PM ET
NESN, BSSW

BAL @ HOU
8:10 PM ET
MASN, ATTH

COL @ SD
9:40 PM ET
ATTR, SDPA, MLBN

SEA @ OAK
9:40 PM ET
RSNW, NBCSCA

DET @ LAD
10:10 PM ET
BSDET, SNLA, MLBN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Skeleton
Nov 15, 2003

The Mariners have a three day window to not have to rely completely on chaos-ball in order to make the postseason.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Rooting for the Cardinals today, a truly curse'd existence

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Doctor Skeleton posted:

The Mariners have a three day window to not have to rely completely on chaos-ball in order to make the postseason.

SMOG

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

How are these Cleveland fuckers beating the Royals? The Royals have spent the past few days proving that they're one of the most talented teams of all time

...!
Oct 5, 2003

The Cleveland Guardians are dogshit garbage

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Acuña's back tonight, let us never speak of this weekend again

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I feel pretty confident that the Astros will sweep the Orioles even though we sucked against the A's and Royals. We've actually done really well against them this season; the one game we lost, we only lost by one run.

We blew them out in one game but the best one was August 8. They had us down by three runs going into the top of the ninth. Tucker then hit a go ahead slam against one of the best closers in the league, who hadn't given up a run in ages. That ended up being the game winner.

Orioles are going down :getin:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

The Philadelphia Phillies are dogshit garbage

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

love watching arraez hit

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
The Reds are probably the last significant hurdle on the Twins' schedule, or would be if the Twins were a normal baseball team. Let's see how well this goes!

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

...! posted:

I feel pretty confident that the Astros will sweep the Orioles even though we sucked against the A's and Royals. We've actually done really well against them this season; the one game we lost, we only lost by one run.

We blew them out in one game but the best one was August 8. They had us down by three runs going into the top of the ninth. Tucker then hit a go ahead slam against one of the best closers in the league, who hadn't given up a run in ages. That ended up being the game winner.

Orioles are going down :getin:

Orioles are the team of destiny and the Astros will not be the ones to break their sweepless streak

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

...! posted:

The Philadelphia Phillies are dogshit garbage

thankful for this

Ozzie dong, nice

if Wright can actually sort himself out to contribute that would be so huge for the rest of the year

elentar fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 19, 2023

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

elentar posted:

if Wright can actually sort himself out to contribute that would be so huge for the rest of the year

not looking good

...!
Oct 5, 2003

duomo posted:

Orioles are the team of destiny and the Astros will not be the ones to break their sweepless streak

Gonna crush them O's :getin:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

elentar posted:

thankful for this

I do what I can :tipshat:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

elentar posted:

not looking good

kyle, noooo

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
The Philadelphia Phillies are setting up to be dogshit garbage. Need a few more runs first to really stick the landing.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I do not have much confidence tonight because I would not be surprised if half our players are still hungover, but hell, we're playing with house money at this point. Let's go beat the Astros too.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

loving fan interference on the first drat pitch, turned a homer into a double

Throw this dumb gently caress out.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

So sick of fans interfering. Don't go to the game if you're gonna pull that poo poo. gently caress you

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
It wasn't high enough to be a home run, maybe about a foot short. It was blatant fan interference though, what a way to begin John Means Day.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Wright didn’t pitch poorly tbf

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I'm all gom'd up

https://i.imgur.com/G0G63vs.mp4

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Former Dundee Mifflin employee

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:sad:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
lol @ thread title but good first inning today at least

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Hell yeah love to swing at the first pitch offered no matter what, definitely doesn't lead to a bunch of wasted pop ups and 6 pitch innings. That's what you want with a guy like Verlander on the mound, right?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

At least the Astros right field fans are really good about fan interference. There are a ton of regular fans out there (probably season ticket holders). If a right field fan looks like they're going to interfere, the regulars will roughly yank that fan backwards to prevent it. It's great.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Atlanta Braves are dogshit garbage

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

HOLY gently caress KYLE

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Tuck did not play that well at all

...!
Oct 5, 2003

triple sulk posted:

The Atlanta Braves are dogshit garbage

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

triple sulk posted:

HOLY gently caress KYLE

That ball left Cobb County

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

483 feet

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Chas :stare:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I just dont loving understand why that pitch is in the strike zone 0-2 there

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/Phillies/status/1703934889672773929

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Harper with a greedy swing goddam