Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

It's kind of a mixed bag for me, personally. Things seemed so much more exciting and carefree and there was all of this possibility in front of me, when I was younger.

But also, life seemed so much harder and there are much fewer things I have to worry about now. I have a better handle on most things and although I have more responsibility, I don't worry as much day to day because I feel more secure in myself.

How about yourselves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Look, I'm trying really hard to make a good topic here. Please give me a chance.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

getting banned from d&d would improve anyone’s life

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

yes and no. I'd probably stop at 30 if I could

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I’m more arthritic and bald now, but life is good :)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I don’t age. I am immortal. I have within me blood of kings.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I'm still young, op.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
The only real advantage is that experience has made me a lot smarter than I used to be, but I’m also starting to forget poo poo so LMAO @me.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

no, no I have not
code:
P E N C I L H A N D S
E                   D
N                   N
C                   A
I                   H
L                   L
H                   I
A                   C
N                   N
D                   E
S D N A H L I C N E P
edit:

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

I wouldn't use the word enjoyed....

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm 40~, married homeowner, house is close to paid off and located 10 minutes from the CBD, almost no debt in general, no student loan debt, great credit, free healthcare, recession-proof job in administration in which I have an assistant that I direct all day-to-day activities for, including assigning them my work if I am busy with reporting or something.

Literally everyday is a self-esteem boast.

Downgrades: My husband and me needed more space so I moved outside of the CBD and my home no longer has valet parking and I can't walk everywhere.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
i'm in kind of a benjamin button situation

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Three Olives posted:

I'm 40~, married homeowner, house is close to paid off and located 10 minutes from the CBD, almost no debt in general, no student loan debt, great credit, free healthcare, recession-proof job in administration in which I have an assistant that I direct all day-to-day activities for, including assigning them my work if I am busy with reporting or something.

Literally everyday is a self-esteem boast.

Downgrades: My husband and me needed more space so I moved outside of the CBD and my home no longer has valet parking and I can't walk everywhere.

What's a CBD?

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

pencilhands posted:

What's a CBD?

curious myself

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
it means downtown for you rubes who don't even have valet parking. get out of my sight

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

That's what I hate about these high stress jobs, man. I keep getting older and they stay the same wage.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
No debt, no kids, no disease that I'm aware of. I could get back in shape if I tried. My partner's great. All my other relationships are... distant, would be the word, I suppose. But people understand I'd die for them. I'm just not the type to text or call much unless something big is going down.

The process of aging, though? The part that bothers me is that time just keeps on moving. I'm doing the same things for years but the world keeps keeping on. I used to burn hundreds of CD's. I work with kids who've never seen one. When I'm lolin' about 9/11, college seniors are like "That historic tragedy? Sounds like it was a big thing." I used to channel flip just through the three networks and PBS. Now apparently I need to get on something called "the discord."

:okboomer:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

My back...

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
No, not really, op

Not after I was old enough to rent a car at least

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pencilhands posted:

What's a CBD?

it's his old HOA

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

cock n ball demolisher

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

:5:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
It's a motherfucking nightmare once you hit the wall

I was fine till a couple years ago

Now

Smh

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i’m going through menopost and it’s worse than they say

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
op, i have not enjoyed the process of living.

so on one hand, i am enjoying that process ending.

on the other, kneeling down really sucks now

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I have acquired more MAGIKS now than I ever could hope to as a babbling toddler.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

It's not really that bad. I just have to yell at the chronitons "Eat my rear end, I don't care if you're clouding my poo poo, I'm going to harness my powers!"

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
I cracked my hip in a car accident last week

It's going pretty poo poo OP

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

I cracked my hip in a car accident last week

It's going pretty poo poo OP

Hey Brother. I cracked/something my hip when I was young.

I want you to never forget you can get better.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Time owns I loving love science :science:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

time, time never changes

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

No.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Buce posted:

time, time never changes

nothing stays the same but mass and rear end

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

Well... I turned 50 yesterday. Got my AARP invitation last month. Guess I'll just wait for the reaper.