Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
In case you forgot, ya know. Don't be a baby. Go get your shots. And don't try to justify why you don't get your yearly flu shot, it just makes you look like an uneducated bozo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
flu shot like every year sure

covid? lollll

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE
Just avoid people completely. Heaps less painful.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
do I need to do this if I never leave my house?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I find living like a pariah is much more enjoyable tbh

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it's very tacky to start talking about vaccination season before thanksgiving

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
is the latest covid booster meaningful? The last booster I got was the bivalent one (I think)

I hate the covid booster because i always get sick for a day after, but I guess its better than dying

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I got the COVID shot already because wastewater COVID levels are as high in my city as they were at the peak of omicron :toot:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
ok

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Vampire Panties posted:

is the latest covid booster meaningful? The last booster I got was the bivalent one (I think)

COVID boosters are flu shots now, they are always gonna be meaningful irt predicted dominant strains in the wild

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The new COVID shot isn't a "booster" it's a new baseline shot or whatever you call them, and it's targeted at the strains that are on the rise now.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Oh yes please daddy 🅱️ I want your 5G juices in me
:jerkbag:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
did you hear about that new hip-hop artist who's making vaccinations cool again?

yeah he's going by the name Booster Rhymes

true story

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

Oh yes please daddy 🅱️ I want your 5G juices in me
:jerkbag:

2nd question - will getting the COVID booster improve cell signal in my house, because right now my phone doesnt work in my bathroom

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Vampire Panties posted:

2nd question - will getting the COVID booster improve cell signal in my house, because right now my phone doesnt work in my bathroom

Yes

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
Getting them both next week. Having time in between isn't a thing in the UK.

My dad had a heart attack last year just after he had covid and my brother in law who got it early on was in hospital and had a stroke, so I do take it very seriously. My dad actually died this year, 1 month short of a year after the heart attack, because he fell over and had a catastrophic brain bleed that they couldn't stop because of the post-heart-attack blood thinners. On the plus side, he was 69 so at least he managed to make us say the sex number any time we have to explain to someone!

Vampire Panties posted:

Noticed our internet dropping regularly over the last few months so will report back in a week or so.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

How many more boosters until I’m vaccinated against Covid-19?

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Peg Sliderskew posted:

he was 69 so at least he managed to make us say the sex number any time we have to explain to someone!

nice

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
There’s a great Covid thread full of nice folks you should visit op

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i got the booster last week but my insurance wouldnt cover it so i had to pay full price for it

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Vampire Panties posted:

Yes, there may be additional side effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiwjAj0zfKQ

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

No lol

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Pharmacy tech here and this has been the most ridiculous flu season I've worked. Flu shots hitting the exact same time as new Covid shots & RSV shot plus doing walk-ins only means some folks are getting 3 shots at once and having hour+ wait times. This also means that our pharmacists are basically only doing shots and can't finish people's regular maintenance prescriptions. Our systems keep track of how far behind we are, and as of yesterday, we were 72 HOURS behind.

Our pharmacists finally said "gently caress it" and said no more shots until Monday just so we can get caught up on our regular work. The only thing keeping me sane is that we're unionized and even the worst days are still better than the last (non-union) pharmacy I worked at; I'm not contemplating suicide while having a nervous breakdown in the bathroom during peak COVID.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Yes, there may be additional side effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiwjAj0zfKQ

:vince:

why be immune when you can be invincible

Moai Ou posted:

Pharmacy tech here and this has been the most ridiculous flu season I've worked. Flu shots hitting the exact same time as new Covid shots & RSV shot plus doing walk-ins only means some folks are getting 3 shots at once and having hour+ wait times. This also means that our pharmacists are basically only doing shots and can't finish people's regular maintenance prescriptions. Our systems keep track of how far behind we are, and as of yesterday, we were 72 HOURS behind.

Our pharmacists finally said "gently caress it" and said no more shots until Monday just so we can get caught up on our regular work. The only thing keeping me sane is that we're unionized and even the worst days are still better than the last (non-union) pharmacy I worked at; I'm not contemplating suicide while having a nervous breakdown in the bathroom during peak COVID.

I was in the pharmacy on Wednesday to get a prescription for my dog and all the techs had a thousand yard stare. I was there for maybe fifteen minutes and they turned away at least three walk-ins for covid+flu boosters.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
Flu shot? Isn't that, like, for old people??

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Flu shot? Isn't that, like, for old people??

the last time i got the flu i legit thought i was gonna die for 48 hours it sucked

now i get flu shots every year

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Oh hey medical advise from the internet, sign me up. Not.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I got brain damage from COVID so if you don't get the shot you'll start making posts as bad as mine

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I got the covid shot and it didn't turn me gay

what a sham that was

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Pimpcasso posted:

I got the covid shot and it didn't turn me gay

what a sham that was

The drinking water is what turns you gay according to studies on frogs.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Exactly. Every cloud and all that!

:)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

In case you forgot, ya know. Don't be a baby. Go get your shots. And don't try to justify why you don't get your yearly flu shot, it just makes you look like an uneducated bozo.

Is really gonna be a yearly thing? Has there been a new variant? Also, I never got Covid and havent had the flu since 5th grade and I'm 40 now

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

deep dish peat moss posted:

I got the COVID shot already because wastewater COVID levels are as high in my city as they were at the peak of omicron :toot:

Ours shot up about a week ago but then cratered again almost immediately

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Is really gonna be a yearly thing? Has there been a new variant?

Yes

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Is really gonna be a yearly thing? Has there been a new variant? Also, I never got Covid and havent had the flu since 5th grade and I'm 40 now

the vaccine will be yearly, but the waves and variants will be multiple per year, for the rest of your life

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bad Purchase posted:

the vaccine will be yearly, but the waves and variants will be multiple per year, for the rest of your life

Is it gonna be a free thing, or do I have to rely on private insurance to get it?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Is it gonna be a free thing, or do I have to rely on private insurance to get it?

yes

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

depends on how bad it gets, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Depends on who the President is, I wish that was a joke