Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I'm between XXXXXXL AND XXXXXXXXXL and it's tough to find things that fit

Why would you want to cover up that rear end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Just do what I do. Be a large, buy xxl, never worry about fit or shrinking. Also just wash clothes tap/cold. And dry medium or tumble.

Ive also owned the same restaurant Tshirts for 10 years. I own maybe 12 shirts, 2 pants, 1 shoe, it's not complicated.

Grey Cat fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 12, 2023

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

You can probably figure out if something will shrink in the wash by looking at the tag to find out what it's made of and googling "will 100% cotton shrink in the wash"

Bro. I wash everything in cold water then the poo poo I like the fit of I hang dry.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Best shirt I own:

Second best shirt:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I'm between XXXXXXL AND XXXXXXXXXL and it's tough to find things that fit

When your JNCO become Jean Company

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Seriously what materials are you buying that shrink in the wash? Are you washing everything on hot? I've literally never had this problem

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

feelix posted:

Seriously what materials are you buying that shrink in the wash? Are you washing everything on hot? I've literally never had this problem

Skinny Jeans tailored so exquisitely to their form that if it were to shrink even the normal 1-3% it would cause critical injuries to their genitals

naem
May 29, 2011

as with most problems in life this can be solved with some money

I once went from a size medium cheap Gap type button down dress shirt to a size large, but the size large was like a tent on me and I got depressed thinking I’d never again be able to wear a shirt that fit nice lol

it turns out anyone with any money at all can buy more expensive fitted shirts (lands-end are great) that have multiple size dimensions for like sleeve length, neck-fatness or shoulder-ness and not just MEDIUM

also pricier ones last for like years

also also actual money money people have things custom tailored and adjust everything constantly

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Punkinhead posted:

Skinny Jeans tailored so exquisitely to their form that if it were to shrink even the normal 1-3% it would cause critical injuries to their genitals
My jeans are pretty tight (they're regular fit jeans but I'm caked up from lifting weights) and yeah they come out of the wash a little smaller but they stretch back out after like 5 mins of wear

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Buying a box of clothes online, waiting for them to arrive, trying them on, keeping one or two items, packing up the rest of the items, bringing the box to the UPS store, waiting for a refund. Repeat. Wasting fuel and cardboard.

Yes, this is better than just trying on pants at the store.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

feelix posted:

Cotton sometimes not much, sometimes enough to matter. Cool, low heat. I got these 90% cotton 10% polyester sweatpants from Camber and they shrank a bunch.

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

Buying a box of clothes online, waiting for them to arrive, trying them on, keeping one or two items, packing up the rest of the items, bringing the box to the UPS store, waiting for a refund. Repeat. Wasting fuel and cardboard.

Yes, this is better than just trying on pants at the store.

Correct. Glad you could finally join us in 2023.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 12, 2023

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i like to show off my birthday suit :pervert:

plasticbones
Aug 4, 2023
Clothes usually come marked with a set of runes you can decode that will tell you how to make them not shrink

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

plasticbones posted:

Clothes usually come marked with a set of runes you can decode that will tell you how to make them not shrink

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

maybe cut down on the duck, cover

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

whats the difference between bad and dangerous water and how will the spraypainter determine this

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

cumpantry posted:

whats the difference between bad and dangerous water and how will the spraypainter determine this

Bad water just shrinks your clothes, dangerous water dissolves them.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

thank you. i will stay vigilant

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Saalkin posted:

Bro. I wash everything in cold water then the poo poo I like the fit of I hang dry.

I'm 6'3", 160 pounds, I'm built like Jack goddamn Skellington and everything in my wardrobe still fits the way I like (slim/form-fitting) because I follow the clearly-labeled directions on the care tags.

You are bad at both shopping and doing laundry OP, hope this helps.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Also between this thread, the alt medicine thread, and the techbro living in his Subaru thread I am becoming very concerned about the well being of GBS goons. Y'all okay?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
This is why I like uniforms. Just replace your functional jumpsuit as per the documentation.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

Have you tried getting BEEFY op?

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
I wear clothes that I've crudely fashioned together from mounds of alleyway detritus op, maybe try this??

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

redshirt posted:

This is why I like uniforms. Just replace your functional jumpsuit as per the documentation.

^

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Always cold wash clothes, it doesn't shrink them.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

OP, been following your work for awhile—and, while it entertains, it does not inspire. the clownery, the pantomime… you paint yourself the joyless fool, and you do it well

but that’s all there is to it. a cautionary tale wherein you remain besieged. a victim of a joyless world. adrift in a maelstrom of absurdities that affect you endlessly while you suffer under the same dread weight of the same calamities as the rest of us

and sure, for the reader there’s joy to be found in your suffering; there’s even joy to be found in acknowledging the absurd commonalities that lead to it; but, where is your joy? perhaps it would do you well to read the words of old spinoza? it would certainly do your readers well

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I think OP should play Doom and have a soda or something that usually cheers me up

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

HEY DID YOU KNOW HEAT CAN SHRINK CLOTHES? I AM THE FIRST POSTER HERE TO DISCOVER AND POST THIS FACT.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 12, 2023

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

youre an intolerable bitch

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Duck and Cover posted:

HEY DID YOU KNOW HEAT CAN SHRINK CLOTHES? I AM THE FIRST POSTER HERE TO DISCOVER AND POST THIS FACT.

You don't need to be the first, just cold wash them instead, you clown, you fool, you absolute idiot.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Adulting is so hard lmao amirite fellas?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

cumpantry posted:

youre an intolerable bitch

We’re all angry when our clothes don’t fit properly

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
Just find someone with your exact body dimensions, follow them home and steal all their clothes. Problem solved!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I legit just buy 3-5 decent quality new long pants a year and use them for formal events, and last year's ratty ones for our and about stuff. And then like 3-10 cheap shirts half and half with a collar for work

And for supreme lazy I just have a wraparound sarong it's great

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

try washing with cold water and tumble dry on low heat so they don’t shrink

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i pity your pathetic existence, moreso than perhaps all of the other sad gbs guys

pencilhands??

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

why hasn't a techbro disrupted buying clothes yet?

an robot should be able to tailor clothes using a lidar scan of my body and determine what looks best on me using an AI trained with photos of the coolest anime characters

almost1337
Jun 14, 2013

The male likpatons turn around the nucleus formed of female boobons and neutral bolsterons

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Also between this thread, the alt medicine thread, and the techbro living in his Subaru thread I am becoming very concerned about the well being of GBS goons. Y'all okay?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

just bought some new pyjama pants because these ones were so old that I bent over and split the buttcrack like a cartoon character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Caesar Saladin posted:

just bought some new pyjama pants because these ones were so old that I bent over and split the buttcrack like a cartoon character

sounds like you need the kind that has a big flap in the back for easy egress