Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Good evening, and welcome to WGON, serving the void between sleeping and waking. Let's start our next all-music block, and if you'd like, you can call in...

The Void 1680 Rulebook posted:

WHAT IS THIS GAME?
VOID 1680 AM is a single-player tabletop roleplaying game. In it, you will take on the persona of a radio
broadcaster and use tools of chance to build your playlist and sketch out the identities and concerns of
people who call in to talk to you.

(Before anyone asks, I got permission from the author to post relevant sections of the rulebook to assist in playing this game. The rulebook is available here if you think you want a copy.)

The concept of Void 1680 is that you're running a radio station, putting together a playlist and having interstitial segments with who (or what) ever calls in. The game is played in four rounds, each consisting of:

1. An introduction to the block
2. Three songs, along a certain theme, as decided by the random draw of the numbers (2-10) of a suit of cards (starting with clubs, then diamonds, spades, and hearts)
3. Another interstitial block, involving potentially discussing the songs we just played, and any caller we may have gotten during the playing of our songs, which is also determined by a random draw of a deck of the face cards (Jack through Ace).

I thought it might be fun to whip together a playlist by playing this collaboratively with the spooky forum. In the spirit of the season, for the callers, I'll be using the Voices of the Void expansion, which have creepier callers.

The way I figure we'll play is I'll draw the cards and state the theme for each song individually; once we have three songs in a suit, I'll post the caller who calls us; given the prompt, anyone who has a good idea based on the prompt can PM me/post something. If anyone's confident in their voicework, we can do something there, or I can just record something acting as if a caller called during the song break and referencing back to it.

The Void 1680 Rulebook posted:

The first song block consists of three songs drawn from the suit of Clubs. These songs are your thesis
statement: a declaration of your show’s tone and depth. They are also typically (but not necessarily)
higher energy.

The first card is the Three of Clubs:

An offhand suggestion that became a favorite song. Who or what recommended it to you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
https://youtu.be/A12SL4eqFpM?si=DPP0myXxgDCERRRI

Bury my Bones by Pure Love. My best friend who's no longer with us recommended it to me and we used to play it at parties all the time before he passed.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
I love this idea. Thanks for posting the thread, Neito, subscribed and looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

UwUnabomber posted:

https://youtu.be/A12SL4eqFpM?si=DPP0myXxgDCERRRI

Bury my Bones by Pure Love. My best friend who's no longer with us recommended it to me and we used to play it at parties all the time before he passed.

Perfect. Next up is the 4 of clubs, which... Ironically, your song would also fit, but that's the way the cards draw, right?

Void 1680 Rulebook posted:

The first song you think of when you think of someone important to you. Who came to mind? Why that song?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ-D4jmkUiQ

I Still Believe by Frank Turner. My sister who moved across the country to follow her own dream, and while we're not exactly estranged - we didn't have a falling out or anything - we just don't have the time to stay in touch as much as we should.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ-D4jmkUiQ

I Still Believe by Frank Turner. My sister who moved across the country to follow her own dream, and while we're not exactly estranged - we didn't have a falling out or anything - we just don't have the time to stay in touch as much as we should.

That's super sweet. I hope you get to talk to your sister as often as you want in the years to come.

Last song of the intro block, the 6 of clubs.

"Void 1680 Rulebook posted:

A song about a dream, a goal, or an aspiration – realistic or whimsical. What does it make you aspire to be?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
https://youtu.be/eH3giaIzONA?si=hjRBZRBGRGhHRSWp

Whitney Houston- I wanna dance with somebody

The day in, day out drudgery of work and childcare is exhausting. I dream of wanting to get out and just dance with my wife just for fun like we used to. I treasure the spontaneous dates and fun at home and aspire for more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Slaan posted:

https://youtu.be/eH3giaIzONA?si=hjRBZRBGRGhHRSWp

Whitney Houston- I wanna dance with somebody

The day in, day out drudgery of work and childcare is exhausting. I dream of wanting to get out and just dance with my wife just for fun like we used to. I treasure the spontaneous dates and fun at home and aspire for more

That makes three! I have an offer to do the first caller already, so I'll PM them and then we can start the second round.