Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

Hohoho!

With the spooky season being over and our forum slowly transforming back into normal level spooks, we already get ready for secret santa! As we have learned from the past years, being early on the party is a good thing with international shipping being a random factor.

The Secret:
So, welcome to byob secret santa! The concept is insanely complex: You sign up, you make a gift for someone, you receive a gift from someone else and you don't know from whom! Crazy, right?
This year we want to have another simple little twist to it again. Instead of a whole theme, we would like to invite you to include a special item this year: A Krampus!
This can be any kind of Krampus - a drawing, a cookie in the shape of Krampus, a poem about it, a little figure, an orange with a Krampus cut into it - whatever you want. Just give any kind of little Krampus a home in your gift!

(1) In order to participate, you must have at least 10 posts (or threads) in BYOB over the past year.

(2) You may choose to only receive digital gifts instead of physical items. Games, digital goods, gift codes, forum upgrades, anything you wish!

(3) To sign up you must do two things:

- Send an email to gag.sa@mailbox.org with your username and mailing address and/or a link to your steam/other games account. Also please include whether you are willing to ship domestically, ship internationally, and/or send a digital game or forum upgrade.

- Write a letter to Santa in this thread! Remember to include important details like allergies, T-Shirt sizes, likes or dislikes, things you would prefer to receive etc. The more information you give, the easier you make it for your santa.

(4) Minimum gift amount is $15. Remember that shipping, especially international shipping, can be very (!) expensive. If you can't afford shipping on top of the gift amount then choose to send a digital good or forum upgrade instead, that's totally fine. Please inform yourself about your and your santee's shipping regulations before sending!

(5) You must post in this thread when you receive your gift. Santa wants to know that you received your gift, and the mods need to be sure your Santa isn't a deadbeat.

(6) Deadbeats: If after signing up you do not send a gift by the deadline, you will be banned. No exceptions. If you have platinum and an av, your ban will cost you more than sending the gift. So seriously, if you're not going to send something, don't sign up. Don't ruin our festival please!

A word about privacy: All addresses will only be sorted and temporarily stored by myself and Manifisto and we will delete all e-mails and addresses after this is over. However, if you choose to receive non-digital gifts, one person from the internet that you may not know well will receive your shipping information, so be aware of this and think about what address to share. Using a PO box, a friend's address or whatever else to protect your privacy is entirely fine! If you prefer to only receive digital gifts, that is okay, then you do not need to share any addresses.

November 24th: Deadline for signing up by sending an e-mail to gag.sa@mailbox.org and to have written a letter to Santa in this thread.

December 8th: International shipping deadline

December 16th: Domestic shipping deadline

December 22nd: Digital Deadline

If possible, please try to keep or make a photo of the receipt or the box just so we can see that if it doesn't make it through, you did your best. You don't need to send it right away, only keep it somewhere until the gift arrived, just in case.
If you wish to get in touch with your Santee or Secret Satan without breaking the anonymity, feel free to email or PM me!

Many :words:, many wishes, I hope we also get many participants again!
Happy holidays! Let's go!

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Nov 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

In it to win it! First post!

I am living in Japan and don't play video games so hopefully my Satan is cool with international shipping.

I'm a size L or XL for tshirts. I'm not okay with receiving anything illegal as that could unfortunately put my visa and future plans here in massive jeopardy. Something like some nice hot sauces would be cool. Just not the kind that melt your face off. I can handle pretty spicy, just not that point where it's a challenge! I also like beer and interesting spirits. Other than that I'm into weird dissident noisy music and the like. Weird art and comics. I also enjoy tea quite a bit. I dunno I'm cool with most things. NWS is fine.

I always have a ton of fun doing this each year! Thanks to GaG for doing this again!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Nov 11, 2023

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

peanut

Hello I also live in Japan and I want to mail Japan things to yobbers so please post your preferences here.

Note: international shipping usually requires a real name and phone number so it would be smart to include those in your sign up emails.

My kids love nerds gummy clusters and I love tacky tourist magnets.

Manifisto

greetings, secret santa/satan/sam/other! this xmas, more than ever, I am grateful for pals and would appreciate anything that got sent my way. handmade stuff is always great (arts and/or crafts), any time spent on something like that makes it special of course, and using byob colors always adds a welcome touch. mild nsfw is fine, please no drugs or alcohol or other illegal stuff. my size is L for t-shirts. last year I got a bunch of hot sauces that proved be delicious and more are always welcome, teas (both herbal and tea tea) are also awesome as is coffee. use your imagination! digitally speaking, the games I tend to play are more of the exploration kind, puzzle elements are always nice but not strictly necessary. thanks a bunch!!

ty nesamdoom!

Goons Are Gifts

Still got some time left! We don't have many santas so far, if more people wish to join, please remember to register in time, so we can sort everything out for you.
There is no minimum number per se I think, but it would be a lot nicer if we got more friends to join and gift each other imo!

Finger Prince

I keep forgetting to sign up, but I'm always up for it! I love weird and exoticly flavored chips/crisps, and savory snacks in general. I have so much hot sauce already, but I'm always up for something new and funky. If you have a favourite coffee, share some of it with me! In the world on not food, send me stickers. In the digital realm, a Playstation store gift card would be greatly appreciated! Thanks santa!
I'll send the sign up email today.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 18, 2023

Escape From Noise

So with four people do we just flip a coin?

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hold your horses, I'm in too. Just let me get the time to write a letter and all.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I've always been curious about this

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Hi Stan, I'd like to join in this too! :)

going to get the email and Snatter letter done tomorrow

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

I'd like to chuck my hat in. I guess I got a couple days, so cool. I'll cash up at the beginning of the month so I'm ok to do international or intranational or digital.
I don't know what to say for likes. I'm kinda awful at picking stuff so I'll wrangle in assistance to not go crazy.
Checkered things, or ,digitally, weird indie games, but all together just interesting stuff.

E: so I'll add in case it matters that GOG works better than Steam for me if digital is a thing. if mail is the way then I have a 4 year old with a sweettooth who would love some candy.

E: I love ridiculous shirts that put my sanity in question when I wear them publicly. xxl or 3x is most comfy.

Thanks in advance, whatever route is chosen, for something weird/funny/interesting.

nesamdoom fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Nov 26, 2023

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dear Satta,

For this year's Grubmas I have been very not naughty and greebed all my grubs each grednesdays.

Generally the kinds of things I'm interested in are birds and falconry, and nature/science.

I'd be delighted to get some sort of local culinary thing from your part of the world, beer and alcohol is fine and dandy too! I like spicy things so go nuts there, but please don't send me that super spicy chip that kills people.

I wear earrings (12g size) and I've been looking for some kind of bird-themed duds for my ears. If you can find a small bird pendant that would be super great.

For shirts I'm a size L, in EU sizes that's 40-42, and in US sizes that's 50-52 if google is correct.

For music and art - well I like metal. but seriously the sky is the limit, go nuts! Make something with your own hands!

I am not really interested in games, but it's absolutely fine if you want to give me forums upgrades. Or digital music albums!

Thanks a bunch in advance, let's get this chirtmas train to the north plole!

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Saoshyant

Dear Satan,

How're you? Nobody ever asks why Satan, or how's Satan, they just wanna know where's you at.

I have a lot of interests in either gaming or music or reading, and also like to try different cuisines but distance makes that harder to do by mail. I'm in sunny Portugal, Europe.

Favorite things include Sega-related material, WH40K orks, Hatsune Miku, the color green, and Pokemon. Music, anything goes if it's interesting or fun; I listen to jazz, I listen to vocaloid, I listen to metal, I listen to blues, I listen to house, I listen to chiptunes, I listen to just about anything. Reading, favorite author is Sir Terry Pratchett so similar authors (funny and insightful) are cool, and I can read Spanish, Portuguese, and even some Esperanto, so anything you think I might like works too.

I can also receive digital stuff: games on Steam or GOG, music on Bandcamp.

Oh, and shirt size S/M (used to be M but I actually lost some weight this year, that was nice).

Thank you!

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 24, 2023

Goons Are Gifts

Hello again!
Sorry for the little delay, I was stuck in a weird machine breathing in meds, which is working wonders on my ability to walk again and I'm really glad! I like to walk!

So, I'm going to email everyone who signed up right now and confirm your applications, afterwards I'm gonna check that everyone who mailed me also posted ITT! Please PM or email me immediately if you did not receive an email from me about five minutes after this post was made, so I can fix it immediately!
We are gonna get you guys sorted and tell you who your santees will be today, as soon as Mani got the program running!

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Ghosts Are Gone posted:

I was stuck in a weird machine breathing in meds, which is working wonders on my ability to walk again and I'm really glad! I like to walk!

Nothing to really contribute to the thread, but glad you're feeling well.

Goons Are Gifts

Alright, looks good on all ends, you will receive your santee notification today, again, please tell me if you did NOT receive an email from me just now, confirming your sign up, so we can avoid any technical difficulties or wrong addresses or anything else!

As a final entry, here is my own letter for santa!

Dear santa,
I hope you are doing well! Sorry, I have waited a bit too long to make this letter for you, but we are all settled now and we have organized this secret santa succssfully, it seems!
So, for myself, I am open to receive anything! Digital, physical, anything is fine, whatever you wish to get me will make me very happy!
I have a PO box for my goon penpals across the world that you can send letters to, you are VERY welcome to send me letters or mail of any kind beyond this secret santa there, the box is open all year around and I love to receive mails from my friends across the world!
I also respond, if you add a return address or tell me where to send something and you wish to have something nice from me!

I love art, I love self-made things of any kind, I have lost so much over the course of the last three years as I got cancer (twice) and I'm in treatment since then, medical debt has been soul crushing and I have, honestly, learned the value of personal things way better than I could ever have if I never got sick.
So, you do not have to make anything yourself, if you don't feel like it, but what I really want more than anything that you will have fun, feel creative, or feel good when making/getting/sending me! It does not have to have any monetary value, as long as it means something for you or the act of gifting means something to you, it will mean even more for me.

So, go hog wild! I don't have any allergies you have to be concerned off, my medical situation is too complicated to put into a post, so don't worry about that at all, whatever you will get me, I will make work, I promise! I do play video games, I have a steam account and while I no longer own a Nintndo Switch, I do own a Steam Deck instead and play a lot of Blizzard games, I have a Paypal account as well as various accounts for digital gift cards, if you prefer to go the digital route, that's super fine by me!
I do wear clothes of the size L or XL (I'm very tall but severaly underweight, so it shouldn't be any problem!), I love cookies or cool food, especially stuff that we don't have here in Germany, I love creative things or art, things that you find nice and saw in a shop as well as things that you made yourself. I like nice and beautiful things and I, too, find tremendous beauty in nature, even in dark things or things that get you to think. I draw myself (badly) and am mostly focused on cartoons, I sometimes work with clay and I volunteer work, when my broken body allows me to, at a graveyard and tend to flowers and plants and make sure everyone has a lovely and nice looking grave with beautiful, sometimes even exotic and special flowers and plants. I studied philosophy and researched in that field at the university for years and I'm very spiritual in that sense, but I also enjoy to analyze and organize things. Taking a walk at night and staring at the stars and the moon while looking at the often beautiful graffiti is one of my favorite things to do! However, most of all, don't feel pressured or limited in what you want to get for me and don't be stressed out, I want you to have fun and enjoy doing this, that's all that matters to me.

Remember, as long as you are happy and having fun while sending it to me, I will be even happier receiving it, no matter what it is! :glomp:

Merry Christmas and I look forward to your gift, whatever it may be!!! :peanut:

Dumb Sex-Parrot
:f5:

email received btw, i'm so excited!

:f5:

Goons Are Gifts

Alright, I have sent every e-mail and every combination is out along with additional information and the shipping details of each santee for their respective santa!
Please contact me immediately, here or on email or in any way you wish, if you did NOT receive an email from me with all information after this post, on 27th November 18:50 UTC! Everyone should have all information required to make and prepare a fun gift, but if anything is missing, also contact me!
Same goes of course for any problem, question, whatever you may need. I can also relay any message you want to send to your santa or santee anonymously, if you wish.

Remember the special task this year, to include any kind of Krampus in your gift, as stated in the OP! Krampus needs a new home and he hopes he finds one in your gift! Any kind of Krampus is fine, from a Krampus drawing to a Poem, a story, a cookie in Krampus shape, a t-shirt with him on it, whatever you want! Be creative and have fun!

peanut

Please do NOT send me anything remotely affiliated with :420: or recreational chemicals because customs checks very closely. Regular alcohol is also not allowed in international packages.

Saoshyant

peanut posted:

Please do NOT send me anything remotely affiliated with :420: or recreational chemicals because customs checks very closely. Regular alcohol is also not allowed in international packages.

Oh yeah, no joke, Japan is insane about this stuff. Proceed carefully whoever's the secret santa here.

Escape From Noise

Oh man! Gotta get this together ASAP

peanut

I mailed my package and will email evidence of this to the big boss tonight.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Is anonymity mandatory, or can I write a small christmas card along with the gift?

Saoshyant

Dead Sex-Parrot posted:

Is anonymity mandatory, or can I write a small christmas card along with the gift?

Anonymity is before the person receives the gift, so it's a surprise. It would be weird for the shroud under the secret santa's identity to remain so after that, though. Write the hell out of a Christmas card, I say.

And speaking of which, that's exactly the step I'm missing before sending all these thoughtful gifts I gathered. Gonna give it a go tonight.

Escape From Noise

Okay! I have the package put together! I just need to ship it and that's A Whole Thing. Today is busy but I should be able to get it done tomorrow or the next day at the latest!

Saoshyant

Oh, fekk me, international shipping sure went up, uh?

But the deed's done and just in time 'cause the post office was going to be closed tomorrow: the final day for international shipping. Krampus is on the way!

Fingers crossed the person on the other end loves them thingies.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Got my krampus out the door too. :cool:

Escape From Noise

Just sent the package! Sending proof to GaG immediately! UNDER DA WIRE!

Also holy poo poo did international shipping costs go up.

Manifisto

secret santa/satan/sam gift mailed! uh, you might say the process of filling out customs forms (done online, then they wouldn't accept it at the post office so I had to fill it all out again by hand) was quasi-kafkaesque. hope it gets to you in once piece and reasonably promptly, santee! :ohdearsass:

Finger Prince

E -nm

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Dec 10, 2023

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Just had a dream I'd forgotten to put some key items in the box before shipping it. Everything is fine but still: :supaburn:

Goons Are Gifts

So, the international deadline was on Friday, I hope everyone who has an international santee managed to get their gift out! You do not have to send me any proof beforehand, I trust you all! Just keep the proof in case anything goes wrong, so we can track and make sure everything is fine if something goes missing.

Please contact me if anything goes wrong, even if you do need more time because something weird happened, just tell me so we are all on the same page! If everyone is good and all gifts made it out safely and good, perfect! Then you domestic santas just have to keep an eye out for the domestic deadline, digital can wait even longer until shortly before Christmas, so no pressure there.
Happy gifting, I hope those of you who did send stuff already - me included, already got mine out on Friday, I have the same rules of course! - had lots of fun doing it and you gave your personal Krampus interpretation a cool home in your gift package, too!

Happy Christmasween! Merry Hallomas? No wait, wrong holiday, well, happy secret satan!

peanut

Dear my BYOB SASS Santa, your package arrived! (I will also PM you in case you don't have this thread bookmarked). We will open it on Christmas morning and I will post a pic in this thread.

Finger Prince

Dear BYOB Secret Santa: package was shipped yesterday! Unfortunately I couldn't get to the post office earlier because I was travelling, so it may end up being a Secret New Years presento, international shipping being what it is.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Posting to say that my package came today :) very cool. Thanks Santa. The kid got super excited and went right to work laying deadly plastic mines that will surely end up stepped upon in the middle of the night :lol:

Finger Prince

My package arrived! I won't have a chance to open it until later though.

Finger Prince

Stickers, snacks, snacks, snacks oh my! (and fridge magnets should I ever need to call hello kitty to fix my sink!)

Lookit this guy. He's going to live on my desk at work and weird people out who come in to my office.

Thanks so much for the spicy yuzu paste, that stuff is amazing! I picked some up while I was visiting my sister too. Can never have too much! That deluxe dashi calbee chips is a kick rear end flavour too. Big katsu kind of scares me.

Thank you thank you thank you EFN! I'm set for snacks until at least the new year now!

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

Stickers, snacks, snacks, snacks oh my! (and fridge magnets should I ever need to call hello kitty to fix my sink!)

Lookit this guy. He's going to live on my desk at work and weird people out who come in to my office.

Thanks so much for the spicy yuzu paste, that stuff is amazing! I picked some up while I was visiting my sister too. Can never have too much! That deluxe dashi calbee chips is a kick rear end flavour too. Big katsu kind of scares me.

Thank you thank you thank you EFN! I'm set for snacks until at least the new year now!

I'm glad you like it. I'm not gonna lie. I felt a bit goofy texting you about you visiting your sister here the day I sent it but it's always fun getting something in the mail? I hope?

The weird little guy is Busuka from an old children's sitcom made by the same people as Ultraman and Godzilla. He's a friendly Kaiju who gets his power from ramen.

Finger Prince

Escape From Noise posted:

I'm glad you like it. I'm not gonna lie. I felt a bit goofy texting you about you visiting your sister here the day I sent it but it's always fun getting something in the mail? I hope?

The weird little guy is Busuka from an old children's sitcom made by the same people as Ultraman and Godzilla. He's a friendly Kaiju who gets his power from ramen.

I know, I was like drat if it was out in the open Santa, you could have sent it down there! Ah well. I've got such a smorgasbord of tasty snacks now, I'm thrilled! I didn't really buy much for myself while I was there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Big Katsu was rather chewy and very salty and a bit weird, and apparently made from some kind of seafood jerky amalgam if google translate is to be believed. It wasn't bad or gross or anything, but also I never need to eat another one.