Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It seems like humans get pretty time advanced in the far future, Testimony could pull some decent stuff off even if it wasn't bigger on the inside.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

DoctorWhat posted:

Shada and Alien Bodies actually touch on this with the Dronidians, a "lesser" empire that attempted to seize Gallifrey-level time dominance and were put down.

I really need to get around to Alien Bodies. That spec script that Miles wrote for the RTD or Moffat era set in a giant library was really interesting, I should give more of his stuff a go

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

MikeJF posted:

It seems like humans get pretty time advanced in the far future, Testimony could pull some decent stuff off even if it wasn't bigger on the inside.

And I believe The End Of Time had some throw away dialogue about the being a point in time where humanity controlled all time travel rather than time lords

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Sieje posted:

Patented "I'll explain later" technology, of course.

Dalek Bumps, I suspect. Excellent Ethetic Beam Locators make for easy travel

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Danny's final episodes are brutal, the Doctor really kept being an rear end in a top hat to him far past it making sense.

Santa Claus and the Doctor really should not have lured Clara back into the business.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

MikeJF posted:

Missy had a Vortex Manipulator for when she didn't have a TARDIS.

(What other personal mass-produced space/time machines have there been on the show besides TARDISes and SIDRATs and Vortex Manipulators? The show seems to lean on Vortex Manipulators a lot these days even though those are just the lovely stuff humans came up with in the 51st century.)

Time Rings, which seem to be the time travel method of choice for the CIA. At least, I don't recall seeing anyone who's even implied to be one of them turning up to give the Doctor a mission in a TARDIS. And which seem to be a pre-programmed version of the Vortex Manipulators.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

god I hate that they called them the CIA

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Autisanal Cheese posted:

god I hate that they called them the CIA

It's a funny joke when it first appears because they're doing a Kennedy assassination thing, but the mistake is future writers clearly missing that it's a gag and not something you can build mythology around,

poop chute
Nov 16, 2023

by Athanatos
Just finished watching the Fourteen specials with my girlfriend and her family. Absolute banger send off to that entire era, a wonderful set up for the next one. I love that after eighteen years of the lore being war and death and misery the doctor gets to just have a quiet life, and a family, for the very first time. Can't wait to watch the Christmas special in the next few days.

Also we managed to get our other partner into it with the specials, so now we get to drag her along on our 2005 series rewatch/first time watch (I tapped out midway through Eleven) and see her react to stuff for the first time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Some belated The Church on Ruby Road mp4s - click to view, unmute to hear.

https://i.imgur.com/N1kuD12.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
TO

BE

CONTINUED...