Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Inzombiac posted:

My name is Charles Xavier and I have psychic powers.

What am I thinking about then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i hate to be sour grapes but i've been here for a couple of weeks now and not a single person has given me a lever of any length with which i could lift something

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

My superhero name is Incognito, and my mutant power is, I'm sure you will find, utterly invaluable for any sort of covert work. You see, the instant I am not not in someone's immediate perception, I completely disappear from their memory like I was never there. I could shoot someone in front of a dozen people, duck around a corner, and witnesses would be totally confused about how that guy got shot. This even applies to indirect evidence of my presence. Camera feeds delete themselves, footprints vanish, paper trails cease to be. Where I have been, there is no record of my ever existing.

Unfortunately, I haven't yet figured out how to turn this power off, so it's made my life kinda inconvenient once it manifested. I can't fill out insurnce claims or pay for stuff with credit cards and, well, it's made maintaining relationships kinda hard, never mind holding down a job. I feel this organization will fit my situation perfectly, and being part of the X-Men, even in a junior capacity, will really turn my life around.

Anyway, I'm glad we had this chat, I've left my contact information with the receptionist, so gimme a call if I made the cut, alright?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Asterite34 posted:

My superhero name is Incognito, and my mutant power is, I'm sure you will find, utterly invaluable for any sort of covert work. You see, the instant I am not not in someone's immediate perception, I completely disappear from their memory like I was never there. I could shoot someone in front of a dozen people, duck around a corner, and witnesses would be totally confused about how that guy got shot. This even applies to indirect evidence of my presence. Camera feeds delete themselves, footprints vanish, paper trails cease to be. Where I have been, there is no record of my ever existing.

Unfortunately, I haven't yet figured out how to turn this power off, so it's made my life kinda inconvenient once it manifested. I can't fill out insurnce claims or pay for stuff with credit cards and, well, it's made maintaining relationships kinda hard, never mind holding down a job. I feel this organization will fit my situation perfectly, and being part of the X-Men, even in a junior capacity, will really turn my life around.

Anyway, I'm glad we had this chat, I've left my contact information with the receptionist, so gimme a call if I made the cut, alright?

In a bizarre twist I think that position is already taken:
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/ForgetMeNot

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Mozi posted:

i hate to be sour grapes but i've been here for a couple of weeks now and not a single person has given me a lever of any length with which i could lift something

Good news! I'm the Lever Leaver! Guess what I left for you!

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

In a bizarre twist I think that position is already taken:
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/ForgetMeNot

Goddamnit I'm not only forgettable, I'm unoriginal too!?

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
I can make a Lego manifest in the path of the target where they're guaranteed to step on it.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Fat Albert in a can posted:

I can make a Lego manifest in the path of the target where they're guaranteed to step on it.

so you're a 5 year old?

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Just wait...

You have to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night sometime.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Just wait...

You have to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night sometime.

that's the secondary mutation I developed when I turned 50

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Inzombiac posted:

Good luck getting my wheel hair in there, idiot.

You can't have two sets of mutant powers HE'S A FAKE PUT HIM IN A LOCKER BIG ENOUGH TO HOLD HIS HAIR MADE OF WHEELS.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
im an x-man JO hopeful, circle up boys

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

Good luck getting my wheel hair in there, idiot.

Wheel hair? Oh, is that why you’re loving bald, poindexter?

Anyway, I’m Depressed-o the Bore-ceror. In a really dark time for me—like most days really—I tried to overdose on a bunch of pills, but it turned out they were these:

So now I have a bunch of different magical powers, none of which are useful or cool. The teleporting is okay but I can only do it a couple of times before I get really tired. Or more tired than I already am all the time anyway.

I still don’t wanna live anymore. Good thing these pills wrecked my DNA, so hopefully I also have cancer. But if you need gravel, I’m yer boi.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

You can't just dose to become an X-man. The lady in HR who can make any flat surface nearby grow hair said they have had a lot of pledges who claimed to have psychic abilities and passed their initial exams turned out to be normal homo sapiens and were kicked out when they found out they weren't mutants at all.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Oh, I’m a mutant, it’s just an acquired mutation. But I guess that isn’t good enough for you, you elitist, not that I’m good enough anyway. Everyone’s all “hey, Depressd-o change-o your clothes, you sad-sack slob, and how about you clean your room for once?”

Ehh, gently caress it. I got another fistful of pills I’m gonna take. I’m going back to bed now, hopefully these are barbiturates this time. I never bother to check.

root beer fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 16, 2023

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
i make big poops that are also long

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

JediTalentAgent posted:

My name is Pourly.

My power is that I can exactly transfer whatever volume or mass perfectly. Like if you need exactly 5ml of vanilla for that recipe... I can do that. You need need exactly 10 dollars of gas in your car? Take me with you, put the pump in my hand, and even if I close my eyes I'll get you exactly 10 dollars of gas, perfectly.

But my power can be more useful than that. Like if you need me to mix solutions in your labs, I can do exactly what you need me to do without even trying.

You need exactly 42 units of insulin? You could fill up a 10cc syringe with insulin and I'd STILL only inject exactly 42 units without even looking.

Sorry capitalism demands you be chained to a perfumery station 18 hours a day

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Bobcats posted:

i make big poops that are also long

Even after the junk they feed us here?

drat. You really are the next stage of evolution.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

JediTalentAgent posted:

My name is Pourly.

My power is that I can exactly transfer whatever volume or mass perfectly. Like if you need exactly 5ml of vanilla for that recipe... I can do that. You need need exactly 10 dollars of gas in your car? Take me with you, put the pump in my hand, and even if I close my eyes I'll get you exactly 10 dollars of gas, perfectly.

But my power can be more useful than that. Like if you need me to mix solutions in your labs, I can do exactly what you need me to do without even trying.

You need exactly 42 units of insulin? You could fill up a 10cc syringe with insulin and I'd STILL only inject exactly 42 units without even looking.

Then how come you’re ten pounds of poo poo in a five-pound bag

You hosed up

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
Oh great, Iceburn didn't wipe out yet :(

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
Oh, Sar-Chasm here btw. My talent is coming up with misleading nicknames that sound much cooler than is justified. My mild sarcasm is just a personality thing.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Buttchocks posted:

Good news! I'm the Lever Leaver! Guess what I left for you!

*as i pick up the lever, majestic music swells*

it's liftin' time

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Outrail posted:

What am I thinking about then?

Dicks, butts and fiat currency.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Inzombiac posted:

Dicks, butts and fiat currency.

This guy might be the real deal.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Lucky Guy posted:

that's the secondary mutation I developed when I turned 50

Hello, I am The (hot)Flash. If I focus real hard the heat I feel internally will radiate around me in a 6' circle and age everyone one month for every second they stay in the field. If I can't stay young and beautiful forever, NO ONE CAN!

Haha, I was never beautiful, what am I on about.

[Also, currently very much not menopausal, but much like AARP invites, it is lurking and waiting for me, biding its time.]

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Hello, I am The (hot)Flash. If I focus real hard the heat I feel internally will radiate around me in a 6' circle and age everyone one month for every second they stay in the field. If I can't stay young and beautiful forever, NO ONE CAN!

Haha, I was never beautiful, what am I on about.

[Also, currently very much not menopausal, but much like AARP invites, it is lurking and waiting for me, biding its time.]

Don't see many old mutants in school, here, I reckon.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

closes eyes and scrunches face up for a sec

Sorry, I didn't quite catch that, could you come just inside of 6' away from me and repeat that slowly and clearly, perhaps twice? I'm kind of old so my hearing isn't what it used to be.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

closes eyes and scrunches face up for a sec

Sorry, I didn't quite catch that, could you come just inside of 6' away from me and repeat that slowly and clearly, perhaps twice? I'm kind of old so my hearing isn't what it used to be.

Is it getting hot in here, or is it me?

;)

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I am BlueBlood. I have a copper based circulatory system and a hard outer shell but am easily tipped over by small waves.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Hi, I'm furiously horny but incapable of arousing other people.

Did we need a mutant power to join the JV squad?

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

As long as Beast can confirm this is a genetic mutation then it qualifies, but he's awfully busy lately.

Otherwise a Sentinel has to detect you as a mutant.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

covidstomper58 posted:

As long as Beast can confirm this is a genetic mutation then it qualifies, but he's awfully busy lately.

Otherwise a Sentinel has to detect you as a mutant.

Yeah, let's use the tool of our Oppressor to define us.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

redshirt posted:

Yeah, let's use the tool of our Oppressor to define us.

I couldn't say it better myself. Know thyself and adorn yourself with an accordion goes with know thy enemy.

The Sentinels know how to do the second part and have no need for the first part.

Xmans rarely know who their enemies are until they are shooting at them and they often are only partially aware who they are.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

covidstomper58 posted:

I couldn't say it better myself. Know thyself and adorn yourself with an accordion goes with know thy enemy.

The Sentinels know how to do the second part and have no need for the first part.

Xmans rarely know who their enemies are until they are shooting at them and they often are only partially aware who they are.

What's your mutation again?

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
We are the identical twins Uphigh and Downlow. We can freeze time, but only while we maintain a high five. We can also make it explode, but only once.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

redshirt posted:

What's your mutation again?

I'm from the future so I have genetic caused chronopsychosis also my latent magnetic field erases mechanical hard drives, floppies, and swipe cards, so I'm not allowed to work on Cerebro. Which with a couple upgrades would be a non-issue, but take that up with the Dean.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Buttchocks posted:

We are the identical twins Uphigh and Downlow. We can freeze time, but only while we maintain a high five. We can also make it explode, but only once.

Wait that's actually a legit good mutant power though. Beats the poo poo out of the Wonder Twins, that's for sure.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Static Girl! With the full powers of STATIC ELECTRICITY!

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

redshirt posted:

Static Girl! With the full powers of STATIC ELECTRICITY!

That's ALSO a genuinely good superpower! That's shooting lightning and poo poo! They made a whole Kid's WB Saturday Morning cartoon show about that in the early 2000s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

That's ALSO a genuinely good superpower! That's shooting lightning and poo poo! They made a whole Kid's WB Saturday Morning cartoon show about that in the early 2000s

She needs to wear shag carpet shoes though in order to generate the charge.